Introducing Instagram, Facebook and Facebook Messenger for Windows 10.

AlTech

Microsoft has announced that Facebook, Instagram and Facebook Messenger have all been updated for Windows 10. They are supposedly as good as their IOS counterparts if applicable. These new apps will replace their older versions and are far superior.

They all feature Live Tiles, Fast responsive designs, All the features of their IOS equivalent app and more.

For Windows 10 Mobile

Instagram (Mobile exclusive)

Facebook Messenger (Universal)

For Windows 10 Desktop

Facebook Messenger (Universal)

Facebook

Note - The Facebook app for Windows 10 Mobile is coming soon.

Facebook2-1024x640.jpg

Instagram-576x1024.jpg

Messenger-1024x576.jpg

Today, we are excited to share that the official Facebook app and Messenger app for Windows 10 PCs and Tablets, and the official Instagram app for Windows 10 mobile are available to download from the Windows Store.

Designed to run quickly and easily within Windows 10 and have the most up-to-date features, Facebook built Windows-only experiences into all three of these apps such as Live Tiles, which lets you quickly see new posts, messages and photos right from your home screen

Keeping up with friends is faster than ever with the new Facebook app for Windows 10, the best way to experience Facebook on Windows. With Live Tiles, you can easily find out what your friends and family are up to at a glance. And now, reading and sharing articles from News Feed is quick and easy with an in-app browser. Other features include Reactions, stickers in comments, notifications so that you don’t miss important updates, and a right-hand column that shows birthday, event reminders and trending topics.

Along with many of your favorite features of Facebook’s Messenger — like photo sharing, stickers, group conversations and GIFs — Messenger for Windows 10 PCs has desktop notifications so you never miss an important message. And when you pin the app to your Start menu you’ll get notified of new messages with Live Tiles.

The team over at Instagram is rolling out Instagram for Windows 10 mobile with all of the community’s favorite features — including Direct Messaging, updated Search and Explore, Videos and Account Switching. Instagram also supports Live Tiles, so if you pin the app to your home screen you’ll get notifications from Instagram right on your start screen.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

YEAH! More unneccesary apps for websites we could much easier go to

FUN!

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

8 minutes ago, xTrixieHD said:

YEAH! More unneccesary apps for websites we could much easier go to

FUN!

YEAH, where is my gmail app (for desktop win 10, that is)

outlook has one

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

Just now, noisebomb44 said:

YEAH, where is my gmail app

outlook has one

Where's my youtube app, and my google app.

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

1 minute ago, xTrixieHD said:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/apps/Google/9WZDNCRFHX3W

There's a google app but it's shitty.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

All that's left is for websites to spam you on pc to use their desktop app instead of browsing the web like they do on phones.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

Meh call me back when they do a proper instagram app for desktop 

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

1 minute ago, Centurius said:

Instagram never really is meant for "desktops"

Much better on phones and to a stretch tablets. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

@AluminiumTech The updated Messenger app is currently desktop only. Mobile does have one but it is still the outdated version.

I have been using the new Instagram app on mobile and it is quite nice. It's basically a carbon copy of the iOS version but that's not really a bad thing since the iOS version is very good. It just needs some performance improvements as I do notice some lag in its current version. I have experienced a couple crashes but only after viewing tons of images/profiles so its probably related to memory/cache. Hopefully they continue to update it on a regular basis.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

4 minutes ago, Centurius said:

3 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Instagram never really is meant for "desktops"

Much better on phones and to a stretch tablets. 

Instagram isn't available for desktop via the app. Only Windows 10 Mobile

1 minute ago, RH00D said:

@AluminiumTech The updated Messenger app is currently desktop only. Mobile does have one but it is still the outdated version.

I have been using the new Instagram app on mobile and it is quite nice. It's basically a carbon copy of the iOS version but that's not really a bad thing since the iOS version is very good. It just needs some performance improvements as I do notice some lag in its current version. I have experienced a couple crashes but only after viewing tons of images/profiles so its probably related to memory/cache. Hopefully they continue to update it on a regular basis.

I'm assuming that's coming as well.

1 hour ago, noisebomb44 said:

outlook has one

You can add most email account to the windows 10 mail app. gmail works great in it.

Instagram isn't available for desktop via the app. Only Windows 10 Mobile

So no tablet support?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

23 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

You can add most email account to the windows 10 mail app. gmail works great in it.

So no tablet support?

Nope

Ego-booster app, now available on Windows 10!

P.S 30-megapixels of nobody gives a shit has earned 9000 likes!

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

The only thing stopping me from going back to windows mobile is hearthstone. If they ever get that done i'll jump back on board because i actually enjoyed using 8 & 8.1.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 hour ago, The Benjamins said:

It was a joke, although i can see why maybe businesses or old people would want a email client on a desktop, but like @xTrixieHD said to most its "unneccesary apps for websites we could much easier go to"

14 minutes ago, noisebomb44 said:

It was a joke, although i can see why maybe businesses or old people would want a email client on a desktop, but like @xTrixieHD said to most its "unneccesary apps for websites we could much easier go to"

the point of the apps is for better touch experience, and system side notifications. and their are crap tons more people that can't use web apps properly, people on this site is the minority.

3 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

the point of the apps is for better touch experience, and system side notifications. and their are crap tons more people that can't use web apps properly, people on this site is the minority.

Yeah, but with desktop computers i didnt mean laptops, also system side notifications might also be a reason for some people, although with apps like facebook, where you are being constantly spammed with messages, atleast from my experience with it, i wouldnt want to keep getting notifications even after i close the webpage. Not sure what you mean with "and their are crap tons more people that can't use web apps properly", since facebook, twitter, etc started out as web apps and has just recently been getting clients for PCs.

5 minutes ago, noisebomb44 said:

Yeah, but with desktop computers i didnt mean laptops, also system side notifications might also be a reason for some people, although with apps like facebook, where you are being constantly spammed with messages, atleast from my experience with it, i wouldnt want to keep getting notifications even after i close the webpage. Not sure what you mean with "and their are crap tons more people that can't use web apps properly", since facebook, twitter, etc started out as web apps and has just recently been getting clients for PCs.

I would say most people use their phones for facebook and twitter. and for people not using web apps well it is mostly other things then facebook. their are plenty of people in the office I work at that have a hard time using the outlook web app to get their emails then using the dedicated outlook app on their PC.

27 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

I would say most people use their phones for facebook and twitter. and for people not using web apps well it is mostly other things then facebook. their are plenty of people in the office I work at that have a hard time using the outlook web app to get their emails then using the dedicated outlook app on their PC.

no offense, but that is what i meant with "old people", people who are just used to using a dedicated email client

Does Windows 10 mobile apps works on Windows Phone 8 or they're completely different ? 

3 hours ago, noisebomb44 said:

outlook has one

3 hours ago, xTrixieHD said:

well microsoft pissed off google so it will be awhile before theres an official app for them(atleast for youtube)

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

12 minutes ago, themaniac said:

well microsoft pissed off google so it will be awhile before theres an official app for them(atleast for youtube)

Google were acting like spoiled schoolyard bullies who didn't get their way with Microsoft and YouTube.

They refused to make a YouTube app, because WP marketshare is "too small". They blocked Microsoft's YouTube app several times, revoking the API key so it simply stopped working. The app that Microsoft made was even better than the Google made one.

But now, the Microsoft YouTube app is a glorified HTML wrapper for the mobile site. There are some good third party apps, like MetroTube, but for some reason people still want the "official" app (It certainly is better for marketing reasons for the OS).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Google were acting like spoiled schoolyard bullies who didn't get their way with Microsoft and YouTube.

They refused to make a YouTube app, because WP marketshare is "too small". They blocked Microsoft's YouTube app several times, revoking the API key so it simply stopped working. The app that Microsoft made was even better than the Google made one.

But now, the Microsoft YouTube app is a glorified HTML wrapper for the mobile site. There are some good third party apps, like MetroTube, but for some reason people still want the "official" app (It certainly is better for marketing reasons for the OS).

so basically google is saying "if you want a youtube you have to take a large chunk of androids market share" well now my opinion of google is worse, looks like microsoft is now number 1 on my list

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

5 minutes ago, themaniac said:

so basically google is saying "if you want a youtube you have to take a large chunk of androids market share" well now my opinion of google is worse, looks like microsoft is now number 1 on my list

I happen to actually like the WP interface quite a lot. I think it's fast and intuitive. I don't dislike Android or iOS, I just happen to prefer the WP interface.

But the way that Google has treated apps on WP is pretty despicable. They even, at one point, for Windows Phone 7, revoked Gmail IMAP support for WP7 devices (You lost stuff like Push Send/Receive functionality) - so Gmail would only work under POP mode.

Basically they're saying Microsoft is too small to give them the effort, but the reason WP is too small is because companies like Google won't put the effort in to create apps. The lack of Apps is the #1 issue with WP. If WP had the full suite of Google Apps (Even what iOS has available), then many of the criticisms I hear about WP would no longer exist.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)