Device Manager Constantly Refreshing

Mobiliksa

So recently I tried pulling up Max Payne 3 because I was bored but was struck by a problem where my game pauses at random intervals with no warning. Not just stuttering either, it pauses straight into the pause menu. After a little bit of research I found that the problem is linked to Device Manager refreshing. I looked everywhere, and no where can I find what is making it refresh or how to find it. I attached all of the current devices that are listed in case any of them are known for problems.

i1248^pimgpsh_thumbnail_win_distr.jpg

i1249^pimgpsh_thumbnail_win_distr.jpg

i1250^pimgpsh_thumbnail_win_distr.jpg

I forgot to add, a lot of people say it's from a faulty usb device but I unplugged all usb devices and it was still refreshing.

19 minutes ago, Mobiliksa said:

So recently I tried pulling up Max Payne 3 because I was bored but was struck by a problem where my game pauses at random intervals with no warning. Not just stuttering either, it pauses straight into the pause menu. After a little bit of research I found that the problem is linked to Device Manager refreshing. I looked everywhere, and no where can I find what is making it refresh or how to find it. I attached all of the current devices that are listed in case any of them are known for problems.

i1248^pimgpsh_thumbnail_win_distr.jpg

i1249^pimgpsh_thumbnail_win_distr.jpg

i1250^pimgpsh_thumbnail_win_distr.jpg

Pop in a flux capacitor and you should be good

• 1 year later...

Why does nobody know the answer to this problem?

I've looked in over a dozen places and can't figure out the answer/resolution for this problem.

I actually now believe I know what's behind the issue. I recently upgraded to Windows 10(had Windows 7 before and didn't have this issue) and I've unplugged everything and then unplugged the Logitech Unifying receiver and it stopped refreshing.
If I have a physical mouse and keyboard plugged in, the problem stops and I'm able to use device manager without any issues.

My problem is that I have a laptop on a dock under the desk and don't really have an ability to have a mouse and keyboard plugged in via direct usb.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Logitech software, I've tried plugging the receiver into the laptop directly and through a hub and the laptop dock.
I can't figure out how to use the receiver and not have this glitch with device manager refreshing every few seconds.

Anyone have any ideas?

• 10 months later...

I had a similar issue. It turned out to be my gigabit ethernet cable/controller (problem went awa when unpluged). I uninstalled and then re-installed the network adapter (using device manager) and my problem .

On 29/09/2017 at 4:24 PM, leonheart390 said:

Why does nobody know the answer to this problem?

I've looked in over a dozen places and can't figure out the answer/resolution for this problem.

I actually now believe I know what's behind the issue. I recently upgraded to Windows 10(had Windows 7 before and didn't have this issue) and I've unplugged everything and then unplugged the Logitech Unifying receiver and it stopped refreshing.
If I have a physical mouse and keyboard plugged in, the problem stops and I'm able to use device manager without any issues.

My problem is that I have a laptop on a dock under the desk and don't really have an ability to have a mouse and keyboard plugged in via direct usb.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Logitech software, I've tried plugging the receiver into the laptop directly and through a hub and the laptop dock.
I can't figure out how to use the receiver and not have this glitch with device manager refreshing every few seconds.

Anyone have any ideas?

I would ask Logitech if this is a known problem on W10 and see if they can help you.
sometimes (depending how old the kit is) they may have new drivers, mostly beta, that solves the issue.
However if it's 5+ years old then your chances are slim.

It's not a race to the bottom.