Euclideon games reveal

Euclideon is a graphics company with their Unlimited Detail technology.

CEO and Inventor of the Unlimited Detail technology Bruce Dell unveils their games.
This was made by 3 people in 2.5 months.

"Animals made out of animated point cloud data"
"Graphics were made by us going down to the river with buckets and collecting rocks and sticks and leaves...scan them in...with ability to use them in unlimited quantities"

The video continues with Holoverse reveal.
Source: https://youtu.be/4pFAgf3PUK8

EDIT: Official Holoverse Webpage: http://holoverse.com.au

---

The technology opens new possibilities, now we have to use con trees to save compute power, but in future games there will be trees at full detail at all distances. Or make atmospheric to space flight with no transitions.

I thought these guys died

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

41 minutes ago, Deletive said:

I thought these guys died

so, how do you find the graphics? :) i am currently downloading 720p video so i can see all that background full detail goodness

Can't watch the video right now but let me guess, you can't download the actual game anywhere, right? It's been 13 years since they first showed it off at the Australian Game Developer Conference, and it's been 5 years since they made that stupid video full of lies and bullshit, and we still don't have anything to prove that they aren't full of shit. And they keep getting funded! They got 1 million dollars to make this. How much do you want to bet that even if they do end up releasing this thing, it won't have "unlimited detail" or the super lower system requirements they claimed before (I think they said a single core Atom processor to run a game at full speed and with "unlimited details", without GPU acceleration)?

19 minutes ago, crisro996 said:

Wasn't this Euclideon thing a hoax?

hoax!?

they got some grant from the Australian gov and they seem to have a SDK

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

hoax!?

they got some grant from the Australian gov and they seem to have a SDK

That I did not know, the only thing I remember is their weird "no-polygon" video they released some many years ago and then they basically disappeared.

12 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

-snip-

They demo'd (read: showed a video) of a hologram room where you can play some thing that looks like a discount PS Move title.

They released SDK, they are opening Holoverse, recently released Geoverse 1.4 and more.

59 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

snip

i will pretend you havent written this.

now go watch video, its exciting times ahead. just look at the games background! The mountains, trees. Full detail, wherever they are. Soooo good.
No more lodding in games. Epic.

And i love their jungle frog demo with overhead vegetation!
I was excited for games, but holoverse looks epic.

Please fix your post to meet these requirements:

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

On 4/29/2016 at 2:36 AM, crisro996 said:

Wasn't this Euclideon thing a hoax?

nope. people did call bs but after a year or so after the first video they started releasing their tech for architecture firms, construction etc. then people called bs on their loading software (loading massive ammounts of point data in a few seconds from an hdd) and their showed it off running from a low end dell laptop. Then people called bs on this being in games because they said there was no way you can animate that amount of data and render it and they just showed in this video that they can.

I know A LOT of people will say that it looks choppy and doesnt look as good as some games today but keep in mind this was made by 3 people in 2 months none of which were professional artists or professional game programmers.

Imagine what a studio could do with that tech.

On 4/29/2016 at 2:47 AM, LAwLz said:

Can't watch the video right now but let me guess, you can't download the actual game anywhere, right? It's been 13 years since they first showed it off at the Australian Game Developer Conference, and it's been 5 years since they made that stupid video full of lies and bullshit, and we still don't have anything to prove that they aren't full of shit. And they keep getting funded! They got 1 million dollars to make this. How much do you want to bet that even if they do end up releasing this thing, it won't have "unlimited detail" or the super lower system requirements they claimed before (I think they said a single core Atom processor to run a game at full speed and with "unlimited details", without GPU acceleration)?

i think you are a bit miss informed.

one what they said was that rendering their point based scenes and moving through it and loading it does not require a powerfull device. They demoed it on a low end laptop by loading a scene made of a i think it was 50 gigs? in a few seconds and then navigating it in real time. This tech is being used by construction firms, cities, architects etc and it does work to the extent that they said.

People called bs on them actually being able to animate all that in order to make actual games and at the time they did not have anything animated. In this video you can see a short demo of it. while not the best looking animations considering 3 people did it in 2 months using their point detail tech i dare say they proved their point that it indeed it is possible. How much power animating with that tech is needed they did not say but so far they have followed up with demos and the hologram room thing they showed is opening in a month and while it does look simplistic keep in mind that vr and ar was the same a few years ago when interest started popping up for them.

i say w8 and see. besides if you are rich and want to invest you can go there and see for yourself. says any investors are welcomed any time to see the tech for themselves.

Basically they skipped the whole gaming industry, and hop on other $$$,$$$,$$$ industries. And those games look utterly ugly, why would you choose to make games like that if your software can have unlimited detail!? To answer my ow question, a big game company must have gave them a lot of money to have the exclusive First triple AAA game. Some people say it's HL3, if it turns out that it is... well done Gabe.

Apparently they are laser scanning the hiz out of planet earth.

seriously launching next month and this is what you show for it ? that's the best hardware and software they achieved ?

the animation is all broken, stuttering, they have a serious issue , f they release this next month the way they showed it, it's gonna die before it starts

6 hours ago, Nisco3000 said:

Basically they skipped the whole gaming industry, and hop on other $$$,$$$,$$$ industries. And those games look utterly ugly, why would you choose to make games like that if your software can have unlimited detail!? To answer my ow question, a big game company must have gave them a lot of money to have the exclusive First triple AAA game. Some people say it's HL3, if it turns out that it is... well done Gabe.

Apparently they are laser scanning the hiz out of planet earth.

2:11, looks like it's running on 15-20 fps...

I wonder how cleaning up those scanned model work. Since they aren't polygons but a bunch of dots, I suspect it won't be as simple as a mesh tool for polygons.

Also I don't like how they bragged about having good lighting when they're running basically with (what I assume) prebaked ones...

I completely forgot about this.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

16 hours ago, EUD said:

so, how do you find the graphics? :) i am currently downloading 720p video so i can see all that background full detail goodness

I think they're pretty nice but it's been awhile since I've seen anything from them 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

22 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

Please fix your post to meet these requirements:

I didnt know what to write, and its only a video, not an article where i could copy paste :P

why is euclideon advertising itself on these forums?

fanboy account

4 minutes ago, EUD said:

I didnt know what to write, and its only a video, not an article where i could copy paste :P

fanboy account

Place the video as source, quote snippets of it in quote boxes and leave you opinion on it.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 hour ago, Castdeath97 said:

Place the video as source, quote snippets of it in quote boxes and leave you opinion on it.

there is a bug where it says checking browser and it deleted my edit

omg they're still in gaming business??

I thought it was a bust and they moved to architecture and design or died or something...

It's been like so many years...

still waiting on that SDK though....

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

35 minutes ago, DXMember said:

omg they're still in gaming business??

I thought it was a bust and they moved to architecture and design or died or something...

It's been like so many years...

You will probably never get an SDK because it is a scam. We will get some video or news about them every ~3 year or so just to keep reminding people of them. It's been 13 years and we still don't have any evidence that anything they say is real. All they would need to do in order to prove the skeptics wrong would be to release a demo I could try for myself. But they have not done that, and I don't think they will ever do it (because it is snake oil). 

9 hours ago, DXMember said:

?
SDK is out long time, recently they updated Geoverse to 1.4

8 hours ago, LAwLz said:

All they would need to do in order to prove the skeptics wrong would be to release a demo I could try for myself.

If you were in one of the leading Multi-million dollar companies they deal and license tech to, you could play games in their board room.

Now you just have to wait, but bruce said "This is a game we are releasing SOON"

To think that so many high ranking people, big companies, media and Queensland state are involved in that scam is pretty absurd and sounds more like schizophrenia than skepticism.