any body know any good headphones/headset for a asus xonar essence stx ?

ETRJ

the setup is 2 titans in sli, 3930k, MSI big bang x power 2, asus xonar essence stx. will that make it easier for you guys?
Nope - still need a budget :P

OMG Stax's headphones! I got seizure due to the awesomeness when I listen to them at the audio store (I tried the R-307). For the next month I was like "What's wrong with my speakers... what's wrong with my headphones.. they sound like vomit". I kid you not about that last part. HOLY CRAP! Electrostatic headphones are ridiculously awesome. The only sucky thing is that due to the speaker technology, the headphones must be opened, which kinda defeats the purposes for my usage at home. But OH MAN! I WANT THEM SOOOOO MUUCH!

The day I have money for those, you can bet it will be the first thing I buy. Expensive but man so worth every penny.

Budget:

What types of games do you play? (MMO, MOBA, FPS):

What genres of music do you listen to? (Hip Hop, Classical, Dubstep, House etc.):

Is bass important? (1-10):

Is noise isolation important? (noise around you):

heres another thread with a similar request. there are some suggestions you can look into.

http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/computer-hardware/audio/106686-headphones-not-headset-for-my-asus-stx-essence

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyerdynamic-DT990-PRO-Headset-250/dp/B0011UB9CQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1362276045&sr=8-2

Budget: What types of games do you play? (MMO' date=' MOBA, FPS): What genres of music do you listen to? (Hip Hop, Classical, Dubstep, House etc.): Is bass important? (1-10): Is noise isolation important? (noise around you): heres another thread with a similar request. there are some suggestions you can look into. [url']http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/computer-hardware/audio/106686-headphones-not-headset-for-my-asus-stx-essence
In my book, good headphone or speakers should be able to produce all frequencies well, where you should not have "genre optimize" headphones/speakers. This may be the case at the mid-range, but high-end headphones are often no better or worse than each other; just different. This is due to the fact that they are often engineered to a specific purpose, like how Beats are made to have crystal clear bass, but their highs are pretty average. This will be the case with any pair of Beats, even the super high end ones which cost a tonne. As such, it's not really possible to produce all frequencies SUPER well, but reference headphones do a pretty good job of staying clear and balanced. It just depends what he wants.

Beats are high end headphones? OMG These are total garbage. I won't pay more than 60$ for them. They are crap, super bass-y headphones, with no mid-range or treble, and they are marketed at people who have never heard anything better than the dollar shop iPhone/iPod headphones, and they go how amazing they are, clearly have not heard anything better.

And you would think that you have a clear separation on the bass, at least... i mean for 300$+ you better have something.. ope a mess, like 60$ headphones.

yeah, it's obligatory now.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Budget: What types of games do you play? (MMO' date=' MOBA, FPS): What genres of music do you listen to? (Hip Hop, Classical, Dubstep, House etc.): Is bass important? (1-10): Is noise isolation important? (noise around you): heres another thread with a similar request. there are some suggestions you can look into. [url']http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/computer-hardware/audio/106686-headphones-not-headset-for-my-asus-stx-essence
In my book, good headphone or speakers should be able to produce all frequencies well, where you should not have "genre optimize" headphones/speakers. This may be the case at the mid-range, but high-end headphones are often no better or worse than each other; just different. This is due to the fact that they are often engineered to a specific purpose, like how Beats are made to have crystal clear bass, but their highs are pretty average. This will be the case with any pair of Beats, even the super high end ones which cost a tonne. As such, it's not really possible to produce all frequencies SUPER well, but reference headphones do a pretty good job of staying clear and balanced. It just depends what he wants.

Beats are high end headphones? OMG These are total garbage. I won't pay more than 60$ for them. They are crap, super bass-y headphones, with no mid-range or treble, and they are marketed at people who have never heard anything better than the dollar shop iPhone/iPod headphones, and they go how amazing they are, clearly have not heard anything better.

And you would think that you have a clear separation on the bass, at least... i mean for 300$+ you better have something.. ope a mess, like 60$ headphones.

My crossfade Lp's are way better.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

the setup is 2 titans in sli, 3930k, MSI big bang x power 2, asus xonar essence stx. will that make it easier for you guys?
If that's the kind of computer you have you will probably buy a pair of HD 800 or HD 700

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

get the asus orion

I love gaming,pc building,talking tech.