PC randomly black screens randomly then fans shut off but power LED still om

ChrisxParkinson

Not sure why this started happening .... It doesn't even blue screen it just fucks up ? I checked power connectors everything is fine and temps are fine when I'm.in Windows.. Perhaps the power supply is fucked ? 

- Chris

Maybe more detail on the matter? does the pc need to be powered on after it crashes? what does the screen say? no signal?

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

2 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

Maybe more detail on the matter? does the pc need to be powered on after it crashes? what does the screen say? no signal?

My screen doesn't say anything just black.so it must be receiving something from.the PC. I need to power it off then back.on in order for it to boot normally before it crashes again. 

- Chris

Just now, ChrisxParkinson said:

My screen doesn't say anything just black.so it must be receiving something from.the PC. I need to power it off then back.on in order for it to boot normally before it crashes again. 

Try running a stress test on the cpu and gpu and see if it crashes then

if it doesn't then it might be random chance and your mobo or psu might be fucked xD

Hope you resolve your issue soon :P

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

3 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

Try running a stress test on the cpu and gpu and see if it crashes then

if it doesn't then it might be random chance and your mobo or psu might be fucked xD

Hope you resolve your issue soon :P

Fuck.. Ya there's a chance... CPU and GPU are fine :(

- Chris

Just now, ChrisxParkinson said:

Fuck.. Ya there's a chance... CPU and GPU are fine :(

Lol dam. Don't take my word for it tho as i'm just a forum member xD. Try experimenting yourself. Go ahead buy a new PSU and see if it helps and return it if it doesn't:P

1 minute ago, ProKeero said:

Lol dam. Don't take my word for it tho as i'm just a forum member xD. Try experimenting yourself. Go ahead buy a new PSU and see if it helps and return it if it doesn't:P

Yea that's the plan... I actually bought a warranty on the mobo for 20 bucks so if it's that at least I'm covered 

- Chris

actually, i disconnected the graphics card (its a temporary one an old 570) and the computer worked without that weird black screen crash again... im going to go buy a 970 as i dont think i want to use an integrated chip until the new computers launch. 

thats weird t hat the gpu crashign would cause the fans to turn off and the screen to go black though.. PC's are curious devices. 

- Chris

Hi mate, I'm having the same issue since I upgraded my GPU. I'm on an MSI am1I, athlon 5150 and gtx 750 ti.
I can't power down though, need to unplug from the wall and usually reset cmos on the motherboard and occasionally unplug GPU before it will work again (on either old or new GPU and on board graphics). Saw your post and was hoping I would find the answers here :( Glad youre sorted anyway, suppose I'll get typing my own thread lol