How to Enable Ads for Selected YouTube Channels

tahayassen

Firefox: http://youtu.be/QUSjNY2R_RA

Chrome: http://youtu.be/1_0F2jXaAIg

Current Version: 2

Changelog:

Version 2: it now works with https

Current bugs:

-in Chrome, if you click a video on the related videos, the user in the URL may not change

Use this script to automute ads: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/153701

okkkk?

As you may or may not know, Linus makes a lot of his living off youtube ads. People tend to use adblockers, thus Linus receives no money from those people watching his content. People who like Linus may want to disable adblock for Linus, but might not know how to do it for Linus only. Thus this video

As you may or may not know, Linus makes a lot of his living off youtube ads. People tend to use adblockers, thus Linus receives no money from those people watching his content. People who like Linus may want to disable adblock for Linus, but might not know how to do it for Linus only. Thus this video

The OP should say that then instead of just posting a link.

Yeah, whitelist LTT YT channel and go there to watch the vids. Unless you get Ads when you click the videos right from your Subbox, it's useless.

who cares...

Yeah, whitelist LTT YT channel and go there to watch the vids. Unless you get Ads when you click the videos right from your Subbox, it's useless.

What? You see ads when you watch Linus's videos regardless of what you click. Does that answer your question?

What?

Whitelist: enter the youtube site of LinusTechTips into AdBlock's whitelist, so AB automatically stops working there and you get shown the Ads.

Most people have a bookmark in their browser to get to their YT subscription box immediatley. From there they klick on all their videos in their feed. The videos you are directed to all have different links, so AdBlock will allways block Ads unless you add every freaking video's link in your subbox to your whitelist. So in order to watch your subscription's videos AND get the Ads, you can go to their Youtube channel directly and watch the videos there.

Difference: their YT channel allways have the same link, so you only need to whitelist this link to receive vid + ad.

Inconvenience: you allways have to go to all your subscription's individual channel to watch their vids. This can get really cumbersome when you have 30+ subscriptions. (more clicks to get what you want)

There you have a detailed answer to your detailed question. :-P

who cares...

Whitelist: enter the youtube site of LinusTechTips into AdBlock's whitelist, so AB automatically stops working there and you get shown the Ads.

Most people have a bookmark in their browser to get to their YT subscription box immediatley. From there they klick on all their videos in their feed. The videos you are directed to all have different links, so AdBlock will allways block Ads unless you add every freaking video's link in your subbox to your whitelist. So in order to watch your subscription's videos AND get the Ads, you can go to their Youtube channel directly and watch the videos there.

Difference: their YT channel allways have the same link, so you only need to whitelist this link to receive vid + ad.

Inconvenience: you allways have to go to all your subscription's individual channel to watch their vids. This can get really cumbersome when you have 30+ subscriptions. (more clicks to get what you want)

There you have a detailed answer to your detailed question. :-P

Oh yeah. This will work regardless of where you come from to watch the video. The ads are shown even if you click on the video from the subscriptions.

Oh yeah. This will work regardless of where you come from to watch the video. The ads are shown even if you click on the video from the subscriptions.

sounds awesome, how do you do it on chrome? :D

who cares...

sounds awesome, how do you do it on chrome? :D

The script doesn't seem to currently work in Chrome. I'm trying to find out why.

Stick a link to the video in your signature so that anybody who hasn't seen this but would like to do this can see it easily.

HTTP/2 203

The script doesn't seem to currently work in Chrome. I'm trying to find out why.

Use window.location.href instead of window.location on Chrome.

Should be working then.

var u = window.location.href;if(u.search("user=") == -1) {   var cont = document.getElementById("watch7-user-header").innerHTML;   var user=cont.replace(/.+\/user\//i,'').replace(/\?(?:.|\s)*/m,'');   window.location.href = u+"&user="+user;}

Use window.location.href instead of window.location on Chrome.

Should be working then.

var u = window.location.href;if(u.search("user=") == -1) {   var cont = document.getElementById("watch7-user-header").innerHTML;   var user=cont.replace(/.+\/user\//i,'').replace(/\?(?:.|\s)*/m,'');   window.location.href = u+"&user="+user;}

That doesn't seem to work.

I had help from Brock to fix the script for Chrome. I'll upload the Chrome video soon.

In the meantime, you can just follow the FireFox video for Chrome and it should work.

That doesn't seem to work.

I had help from Brock to fix the script for Chrome. I'll upload the Chrome video soon.

In the meantime, you can just follow the FireFox video for Chrome and it should work.

Weird. It worked for me though on Windows 7 64-bit Chrome 29.

The script in your video description did not append the user behind the URL.

window.location.href fixes just that problem.

yey now i can remove ads on linus and someothers that i watch and leave them off when i watch some random music video

Or, you know... just remove AdBlock? But anyway, good work on the script for those who need it! :)

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Weird. It worked for me though on Windows 7 64-bit Chrome 29.

The script in your video description did not append the user behind the URL.

window.location.href fixes just that problem.

Your fix seems to only work for the first click. Subsequent clicks don't seem to work.

Can you maybe upload a video of Brock's fix failing just to help debug the problem?

Your fix seems to only work for the first click. Subsequent clicks don't seem to work.

Can you maybe upload a video of Brock's fix failing just to help debug the problem?

Oh yeah! That's because YouTube on Chrome loads the page content only when you're already on YouTube player page.

Eg. clicking on related videos will just load and change the page content instead of reloading the whole page.

Simply refresh the page after clicking on the link should solve this problem.

I'm still using the old version of the userscript.

This code below worked for me. Give it a try!

I'm sure there's more elegant way of doing things.

var u = window.location.href;if(u.search("user=") == -1) {   var cont = document.getElementById("watch7-user-header").innerHTML;   var user=cont.replace(/.+\/user\//i,'').replace(/\?(?:.|\s)*/m,'');   window.location.href = u+"&user="+user;}var yt_link = document.getElementsByClassName('spf-link');for (var i=0; i<yt_link.length; i++) {    yt_link[i].addEventListener('click', function(){        setTimeout(function(){            window.location.reload();        }, 125);    }, false);}

Of course, if you load more video suggestions, the event listener aren't added to them and they won't work.

The new version is buggy when you click on a video that's not uploaded by the same user from the previous video you were watching.

Eg. You're watching LinusTechTips video, when you decide to click on a video that's not by LinusTechTips, it still append the user as LinusTechTips mainly due to the user data being initialized before the new video's data is loaded.

• 2 weeks later...
The new version is buggy when you click on a video that's not uploaded by the same user from the previous video you were watching.

Eg. You're watching LinusTechTips video, when you decide to click on a video that's not by LinusTechTips, it still append the user as LinusTechTips mainly due to the user data being initialized before the new video's data is loaded.

Hmm... you're right.

I've been able to replicate this bug in Chrome but not Firefox.

Seems to not really work for me in Firefox.

also, the userscript you showed in the video was like one third of the linked script

EDIT:

The script seems to be picked up and adds '&user=LinusTechTips' to the URL.

But ABP does not pick up that it should allow ads

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

Seems to not really work for me in Firefox.

also, the userscript you showed in the video was like one third of the linked script

EDIT:

The script seems to be picked up and adds '&user=LinusTechTips' to the URL.

But ABP does not pick up that it should allow ads

Do you have Ghostery or other blocking software installed?

Take a screenshot of your add-ons and your exception in ABP.

Good, I had to change the http with https in the script for it to work.

But this works great, better than having to turn ABP on and off.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Do you have Ghostery or other blocking software installed?

Take a screenshot of your add-ons and your exception in ABP.

this is interesting, ABP shows that it disables itself when i go to any video of LinusTechTips (Icon turns gray}

But something still seems to be avoiding the Ad.

Anyways, here is a screenshot of my plugins

http://i.imgur.com/n4m30F0.png

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme