What is the most annoying thing about Apple for you?

Mr.Twabfish
On 4/27/2016 at 3:49 PM, GlassBomb said:

I'm going to be controversial, and say that I hate the anti-apple people that have spawned over the years. That's what I hate about Apple. 

And despite what people say, Apple products does have a place in today's market.

On 4/28/2016 at 7:53 PM, Virus__ said:

The fan base. Then again every company has those annoying "x is life" kind of people. Also I dislike the Apple haters, god damn it they're as annoying as the pro Apple lot.

Can't agree more, the anti-apple fanboys are just as annoying as the apple fanboys themselves. In fact, both groups are kind of assisting each other in a sense, since one can't exist without the other. I think CGP Grey does a great job of explaining this in his video.

May Our Framerates Be High And Our Temperatures Be Low.

PSUs: EVGA B2/G2/GQ/GS, Corsair RMx/i, Grey-Label CXM, Everything Seasonic/Delta/Super Flower, XFX except XT

Use pcpartpicker.com

that they might actually release the perfect laptop that all gaming PC manufactures have neglected to build. quad core with HT with iris pro, huge battery and multiple tb3 ports. sigh. I will prefer windows. Would be a sad day if I had to buy a mac just to remove the OS and bootcamp the thing the whole way LOL.

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

How poorly they are built.

And how locked you are to use the device how they want you to.

I make bad life decisions.

On 4/27/2016 at 2:44 PM, Swndlr said:

How easily the iPhone screen cracks :P I cracked my first one and got a new one and then cracked this one -_- 

Will likely just get another one since idk

Put a case on, problem solved.....

On 4/27/2016 at 2:38 PM, 8-Bit Ninja said:

But honestly i don't like how much apple products are, compare the i phone 6s to other flagship devices and it fails miserably yet its one of the most expensive flagship smartphone  

Uhhh... the S7 costs just as much...$749.99 for the S7 Edge, $649 for the S7 and 749 for the 6s plus right now on Sprint (Us prices).

On 4/27/2016 at 2:58 PM, scottyseng said:

I don't have too many issues with Apple's stuff (aside from the defects here and there and price...but every manufacturer has them). I usually have issues with the people using them (some of the time). They really look down on my plastic fantastic $550 Acer laptop even if it boots in seconds (after SSD swap) and has worked fined for me for years. I do love logging into my NAS and pretending I have a 14 core Xeon as my CPU and they still think the MacBook is better...

I like Acer stuff, they always try to do something different or add some cool feature for the price !

1 minute ago, royalcrown said:

I like Acer stuff, they always try to do something different or add some cool feature for the price !

Yeah, people tend to put down Acer a lot, but that's because they either buy the really low end stuff or just beat the crap out of one to the point where it dies. I put a SSD into mine, and it's been solid for the past 3 years (I bought it for $550, bought 8GB of ram, and a Crucial M500). I can't deny acer offers the most hardware per dollar for laptops usually. But yeah, it's hard in my computer engineering class to be surrounded by macbooks or high end gaming laptops.

4 hours ago, royalcrown said:

Put a case on, problem solved.....

Takes away the slim feeling and makes it feel bleh

Dont you think I already tried?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Their ridiculously high resale value, and retail price in the first place. I want an iPhone 6 Plus since I somehow got this really nice leather case, but the phone is so damn expensive, even used.

And I hate their 'exclusivity' too.

Spoiler
Spoiler

The price

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

As much as I like Apple I will agree with anyone who thinks they are too stuck-up and blind to their shortcomings. The Apple Maps debacle is an easy target, but there are quite a few more I could think of: iTunes bloat, Apple Music, the Goto Fail security flaw, and so on.

Then again they do respond to some criticisms if not quite slowly and secretively. Apple Maps have improved tremendously in the intervening years, to the point where I now use it almost as much as Google Maps on my iPhone now, and last I heard they have a revamp for Apple Music planned for this year and a makeover for iTunes next year in the works.

Still (and I know I'm going to get flamed to hell for saying this), Apple haters definitely go too far to voice their gate of Apple and their products, to the point of being just as annoying as Apple fanboys. I have also seen Android, Samsuck, and Microsoft fanboys who are just - if not even more - annoying as their Apple counterparts. There's a need for everyone to just step back and look at technology from an objective, unbiased point of view. At the end of the day, these techno-gizmos are just tools to get things done, so why the need to fight? Use whatever suits you best; other people may have other needs that require other brands and models with different features than your own; they aren't "lesser" than you, nor are you "greater" than them, just different.

Samsuck can go to hell though. Yeah, I hate Samsuck. Bad personal experiences with everything I have ever bought from them.

The "Cult of Apple" part

The ridiculous price/performance ratio

"innovation" that isn't actual innovation

I have to admit that I love the design of the products, but I'm not willing to sell a kidney to buy a phone that I'll use for calls, texts and the occasional light browsing

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

On 27 April 2016 at 8:46 PM, ThinkWithPortals said:

Anyway, I quite like Apple's stuff. The MacBook Pro 13 Retina is a great casual device and the iPhone 6S is amazing. In general build quality is superb and both iOS and OSX are well polished OSes IMO.

My biggest complaint is that stuff is just too expensive. Plain and simple. The products are fine, the price is not.

Apple just feels more premium than Android OS...however I agree the price is waaay to high. And some of their macs and iMacs are underpowered!

Where to start. 

I tried the iPhone 5s for a week next to my Xperia Z3 (Lollipop).

First of all i game, a lot, via Steam. So first up was downloading the app. Well look what happend > No video support there, cause f*ck u. What is this, 1997? How do they get away with this shit. Try downloading an Webm video, where does it go, nowhere cause there is no filesystem.

Also i am very used to swype when it comes to texting. Well, nope says Apple. Wanna swype go buy a crappy app and pay 99ct. In fact, most super easy apps/plugins for standard stuff u have to cough up money.

I must say that the case is solid, feels good in your hand and looks nice. But the fact u cant set standard apps like a browser or Google Maps instead of Apple Maps pisses me off. Apple Maps maybe fun in America, but works like a piece of monkeypoop here in the Netherlands. Suggestions are based on Yelp, who uses that btw. 

As an heavy Google user i have no problem with downloading some apps on iOS. But the fact that Apple hold back because Webm isnt there baby and pushing software i will never use, F-that. 

And dont get me started on iTunes like Linus said. What a blast from the past that is. 

They look all nice and shiney. But in usage, wow. Cant believe people are buying these phones and says there so good and productive. There not! 

YouTube Gaming Channel // Steam: Sw1ftfox // Twitter // Discord: Sw1ft#6576 // Battlenet: Sw1ftfox#2298

My broken screen and back side... oh and the camera no longer has the window, it felt off.

Not quite sure if its apple problem or mine :D:D

how they put looks over use ability, and how they make everything too simple. the should at least give users the option to install launchers. i have an ipad 2 and Im about ready to flash it with android (if that's possible)

1 hour ago, iannorton24 said:

how they put looks over use ability, and how they make everything too simple. the should at least give users the option to install launchers. i have an ipad 2 and Im about ready to flash it with android (if that's possible)

there have been a few devices that you could dual boot ios and android. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

On 4/27/2016 at 2:36 PM, ProKeero said:

The thing that hurts me about apple is, Siri

She insults me alot :(

Prokeero.png

Just now, royalcrown said:

Prokeero.png

Omfg you legend haha, yea she hates me and i dont know why q-q.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

4 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

there have been a few devices that you could dual boot ios and android. 

0_o and these are?

(please say ipad 2, please say ipad 2)

The shift to non replaceable components in the MacBook and iMac lines.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |