What is the most annoying thing about Apple for you?

Mr.Twabfish

They don't release their professional codecs on Windows. Or iMessage for that matter.

Have no problem with their hardware.

1 hour ago, abazigal said:

I see Apple get a lot of flak for this, but I have tried this and find nothing wrong with it. In fact, that is my one and only way of charging my Apple Pencil. 

No one is asking to charge your pencil inside your bag. I do it like this every couple of days, and it's worked well for me so far. It's an elegant solution to an inelegant problem and I can see why Apple chose to implement it the way they did. 

image.jpeg

I think it would be better if the plug could rotate so you can have it sticking out the other way. But that would probably break in weeks.

14 hours ago, abazigal said:

I see Apple get a lot of flak for this, but I have tried this and find nothing wrong with it. In fact, that is my one and only way of charging my Apple Pencil. 

No one is asking to charge your pencil inside your bag. I do it like this every couple of days, and it's worked well for me so far. It's an elegant solution to an inelegant problem and I can see why Apple chose to implement it the way they did. 

image.jpeg

What if a retractable cable came out between the Pencil and the connector so that you could still use it while it's charging?

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Their marketing that makes PC illiterates think that you need a MacBook to be productive.

also I hate companies that overcharge purely off their brand where's the customer loyalty this goes for all brands, I'm looking at you beats by dre.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

The fact that people view them as "superior" to all other computers.

It makes me wonder if people even realize the cost, or are they just buying it because it's apple; and expensive must be good, right?

Look at the reviews for el captain in the Apple store. There are massive amount of one stars... Basically they release new software to slow down your device.... On another note If you were to factory reset a iphone 4 it still lags. I don't like how they do business. Basically as time moves so should your upgrade, and if not be prepared to lag.

Why I dislike apple:

• The price hates us canadians.

http://apple.ca/

• Their iOS software lately has been rushed, buggy, laggy and overall worse than the iOS versions before 7.1.2.
  • They lie to us about the storage used in settings app (You can "clear" out 1+ gb of storage by going into iTunes Store and then clicking rent on a movie that uses more gb than what you have on your device but click cancel and "magically" it will get cleared)
  • Lately, shitty iPhone designs
  • Patches jailbreaks ASAP (C'mon.. You steal ideas from jailbreak.)
  • Annoying iOS updates (constantly bugging me, no I don't want to update to 9.3.1)

Why I still use apple: (Well.. iPhone)

• Invested in their ecosystem (All of my apps and needs are satisfied on iOS but not all are on android)
  • Jailbreaking (I dislike rooting)
  • Optimization (Standby is the best)
  • Every iPhone app works on iPhone (Not every android app works on a android phone)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

22 hours ago, Mantayd17 said:

Yes they do.

Running ultra settings 5K AAA gaming 60 FPS =/= supporting native 5K fluently

Forget everything i said, the 5k breakes low res games

How their hasn't been much innovation in the desktop computer/aio area since early 2000s.

G4 and some G5 were last innovative desktops.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

10 hours ago, Gregrs said:

The fact that people view them as "superior" to all other computers.

It makes me wonder if people even realize the cost, or are they just buying it because it's apple; and expensive must be good, right?

I can't speak for other people, but I switched to a Mac in 2011 when I couldn't take using my Windows PC any longer. Familiar pattern of slowing down about 6 months after I bought it, to a point where it would take like 10 minutes to boot up. I took a gamble on the recommendation of a friend and have not looked back since. 

Fast forward 5 years and my iMac is still working as well as the day I bought it. In a sense, yes, it cost more upfront (and even then, not as much as critics make it seem, and you did get a 27” 2k monitor, not cheap at the time), but this has more than paid for itself in the way of greater productivity and fewer problems. Factor in the cost of 1 PC upgrade I have saved on, the lack of any sort of maintenance I have had to do in the meantime, plus the utility of the bundled software (iMovie, preview). 

People are paying for the promise of a simplified and integrated computing experience which just works right out of the box, and so they don't have to deal with all the hassles and complexities that come with Windows. It's not all sunshine and rainbows and roses on the Mac, but by and large, I would say that I have been better off with a Mac. 

I like a lot of apple products. However on some of the iMacs they have really slow Hard Drives and that just ruins the experience of using them, and the upgradeability of most products is woeful.

On 4/27/2016 at 3:57 PM, MJ... said:

I don't dislike apple. Their products are mostly great (pricy but still great). What I don't like are the iSheeps that buy apple because they don't know shit about tech and suppose apple is the only way to go...Those iSheeps are spending tons of money on macbook pro's and stuff like that and finnaly use these expensive items to browse the internet...

I was going to say the same, I like their products; but I don't want the name tag that comes with them. I agree with your opinion on the iSheeps.

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

My main gripe with Apple is the price of their products, i mean £1000 for a dual core notebook with iGPU??

I personally think the built quality is excellent and the software is quite well refined but not enough to justify the hefty price tag. But work keep shelling out for there products so who am i to complain? :)

I hate how a ton of people at school have iPhones and they haven't ever had anything Android or had a POS phone from Android and think that Android is the worst idea since making school lunches ''healthy''

their closed ecosystem, which is the cause of everything that i hate about apple.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1. The price

2. Siri always thinks I'm swearing

Alnair (Main PC):

CPU: i9-7900X with EK Supremacy RGB and SE 360 radiator

RAM: 32 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 MHz

MB: Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7

GPU: GTX 1070 Founder’s Edition

PSU: EVGA 850 G3

SSD: WD Blue M.2 1tb, Sandisk SSD Plus 1tb

Mistle (NAS):

CPU: Pentium G3258 with stock cooler

RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury DDR3 1600 MHz

MB: MSI H81M-E33

GPU: Intel integrated 

PSU: 500w Cooler Master

HDD: 2 x 2tb WD Red in RAID 1

Armakarth (NAS/3D modeling station/my old computer)

CPU: i7-4790K with Hyper 212

RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury DDR3 1600 MHz

MB: MSI Z97-G45

GPU: EVGA GT 740 SC

PSU: 750W Sentey

SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB

HDD: 2 x 2tb WD Red in RAID 1, 2tb Seagate Barracuda, 1tb WD Blue

The Pizza Cooker (server):

2x quad core 2.66 ghz Xeons

16gb DDR2 FBDIMM

I don't let a company get to me; or their fans, for that matter. If I don't like a product, I simply move on.

I don't have the energy to be any kind of fanboy. xD

On 1/5/2016 at 6:46 PM, mikat said:

you have to get used to the kb shortcuts, i find them very handy and use them all the time :)

But it struggles between ctrl and command and it's very confusing when you migrate from windows

The price, I don't understand how 5 years old macbook can go up to S$900 while I got mine with similar specs for S$350 

On 5/3/2016 at 9:02 PM, Mantayd17 said:

So... a Dell XPS 13" is equally bad as well?

Not necessarily a bad laptop, just seems like a lot of money for not a lot of power.

My problem with Apple is that their PCs have literally no cooling

They have a decent amount of power under the hood that remains unused because they overheat before the CPU gets halfway under load.