Youtube wants to know if you are triggered by Linus Tech Tips?

What the actual fuck? I understand doing a survey to better tailor your experience, but why exactly do they need to use that wording?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

i'm a console peasant and all of his videos deeply offend me.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

2 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

What the actual fuck? I understand doing a survey to better tailor your experience, but why exactly do they need to use that wording?

What,  you're surprised they're a bunch of SJW shills, like virtually every single fucking tech company? 

-------

Current Rig

-------

All videos seem offensive! D:<

/s

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Every time I see one of their videos it sends me into a fit of rage, always on with the building of the squarespace and the thousands of audio books and accessories

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

21 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Could be understandable if he kept giving a lot of LTT videos a dislike. Ive been wathcing them for years and never came around this issue.In fact I gave them my very 1st dislike on their Vessel sports series announcment video.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

7 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Every time I see one of their videos it sends me into a fit of rage, always on with the building of the squarespace and the thousands of audio books and accessories

Haha, says this with a silver contributor member title.

I actually think that this might have shown up because of the "somewhat" offensive video they just released. The parody of the MTV Cribz. That one has gotten a lot of dislikes, however I found it amusing. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

1 minute ago, Thony said:

Could be understandable if he kept giving a lot of LTT videos a dislike. Ive been wathcing them for years and never came around this issue.

Even then, I can think of a million other ways to word that question instead of "do you find this offensive." Being offended is not the only reason someone would unlike a video (and I'm willing to bet my left testicle it's not a top 10 reason if such a list exists, since most people dont watch things they find offensive in the 1st place over and over).

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

wnIaRyJ.gif?

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I like to imagine that they've done this because someone somewhere was literally complaining that a channel they were subscribed to was producing content that offended them.

1 hour ago, Thony said:

Could be understandable if he kept giving a lot of LTT videos a dislike. Ive been wathcing them for years and never came around this issue.In fact I gave them my very 1st dislike on their Vessel sports series announcment video.

i Don't get the Vessel nerdSports and the huge amount of negative comments people have about  it. It is not something linus was planing on doing or would have done. Vessel set it up paid for it and is going to use other people/ Video creators besides linustechtips team aswell cause its there series made by vessel they were just the first to be featured. its not like linus started a 4th Vessel only channel.  

39 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

i Don't get the Vessel nerdSports and the huge amount of negative comments people have about  it. It is not something linus was planing on doing or would have done. Vessel set it up paid for it and is going to use other people/ Video creators besides linustechtips team aswell cause its there series made by vessel they were just the first to be featured. its not like linus started a 4th Vessel only channel.  

Linus has already 4 youtube channels. So it would be his 5th.

Found an insanely good deal for a VPS by Time4VPS (Lithuania). Warning: I don't have a lot of experience with them yet, if you had any bad experience, please PM me. /// Warning2 (Sorry, should have added this earlier): Very Low Disk IO

1 x 2.4GHz (E5 2630 v3), 512MB RAM, 20GB SSD cached Raid 6, 500GB Traffic => ~$17.5 (15.84€) + Tax for 2 years (Prebuild Servers)

43 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

Pretty sure when Linus got on vessel he promised no content behind a paywall.

I understand nerdsport is technically an extension from channelsuperfun which is an extension from LTT itself so Linus isn't going against his words but the fact remains, there is now a video hosted by Linus which is behind a paywall (and there is the feeling of Linus rubbing it in our face with an announcement video on the main LTT channel).

At least that's how I feel. I'm also very tempted to give it a dislike.

36 minutes ago, crystal6tak said:

I understand nerdsport is technically an extension from channelsuperfun which is an extension from LTT itself so Linus isn't going against his words but the fact remains, there is now a video hosted by Linus which is behind a paywall (and there is the feeling of Linus rubbing it in our face with an announcement video on the main LTT channel).

Well when he said that, he means the main channel, techquickie and channelsuperfun where it existed at the time but Vessel paid linus/LTT media group an ass load of money for them to do nerdsports and who (especially a boss) would say no to a couple of grands in to his pockets? Think of yourself in that situation...it's either easy few hundred grands in your pocket or say no...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

3 hours ago, ivan134 said:

because there has most likely been enough reports for YT to worry, but the "follower base" is so huge they do not dare to deliver a strike or infracture, or even shut LTT down without being sure there is a problem.

Huh? I didn't realize saying something was offensive was synonymous with saying it triggers you...I thought "triggering" was unique to post-traumatic stress disorder, and I've never heard of someone experiencing a case of it from a YouTube video that they didn't like or that even offended them.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I'm offended by the videos in my subscriptions. Guess I better raise the pitchforks instead of unsubscribing.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 hours ago, crystal6tak said:

This.

That whole video is just an advertisement for Vessel. I wouldn't have minded if that video was uploaded on Vessel only and on Channelsuperfun or some other. The fact that it's on the main channel + youtube speaks for itself.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

WoW YT really...?

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I am always triggered.

But that depends on my definition of being triggered......

:ph34r:

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER