Tech jobs for teenagers?

Lewiscpullan

Hi I was wondering what tech related jobs I could do myself as a less than 16 yr old. I am looking for ways to make some money and I'm really into tech and photography and I was wondering what jobs you could think I could do?

Thanks, Lewis

6 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Publix if you live close to one

I have no idea what that is? Is it an American thing because I live in England 

1 minute ago, Lewiscpullan said:

I have no idea what that is? Is it an American thing because I live in England 

Yes and you're missing out.

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

Not sure, I guess you could offer computer help to older people who want to learn how to use them... In my country atleast theres nobody whos going to hire a 14 year old :P

Step 1: Convince everyone you are a computer genius. Not just a regular genius though, like Steve Wozniak level of genius.

Step 2: Wait for peoples shit to break.

Step 3: Fix it for them. (Honestly when starting out in IT most of you job is googling the problem. You just have to be better at googling than them)

Step 4: Profit.

6 minutes ago, Thetechnoman1 said:

Instead of seeking a monetary reward at the start. Offer your services to people for free. It gives you more experience in the computing industry and, i have discovered, you are more likely to be rewarded that way :P

That's what I did. Learned a lot about basic troubleshooting which still help me today.
I don't know many businesses that will actually higher that young for a tech job.
But things might be different compared to the states. 

1 minute ago, DioOmicida said:

That's what I did. Learned a lot about basic troubleshooting which still help me today.
I don't know many businesses that will actually higher that young for a tech job.
But things might be different compared to the states. 

There arent really any businesses that will employ me but I was thinking kinda self employed kinda stuff

Just now, Lewiscpullan said:

There arent really any businesses that will employ me but I was thinking kinda self employed kinda stuff

I just did a lot of networking through friends, family, so forth to find people who were having issues with:
-"My PC doesn't want to boot up right."
-"Everything on it seems so slow."
-"My display keeps cutting out."
I'd offer my assistance, Google everything, and usually didn't ask for but got paid some anyways.

1 hour ago, danoedel97 said:

Step 1: Convince everyone you are a computer genius. Not just a regular genius though, like Steve Wozniak level of genius.

Step 3: Fix it for them. (Honestly when starting out in IT most of you job is googling the problem. You just have to be better at googling than them)

That's exactly what I do!xD

17 hours ago, DioOmicida said:

will actually higher that young

higher

*eye twitches*

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

22 minutes ago, DebatED Nothing said:

*eye twitches*

It's a forum so I'm not really worried about auto correct. You aren't paying my bills.

I'm not sure about being under 16, but as a 16 year old techie in the states, it's not too hard to get a job at a mom & pop computer repair place, and the repairs are normally simple things like formatting the hard drive or installing a new component.

I'm 17 and I work at a computer repair shop learning under a crazy man named steve.  Making $9/hr plus commission.  If you have enough experience you can probably get a similar job. 

I was intern for 6 month as an IT Support, it was free one. They didn't pay anything so did i. I was like parttime job.Learnt much in troubleshooting in all ways :D . After 6 months there was no free position to hire me so they said, "we are sorry but you have to leave". So i went, it was bad moment but, after 1 month they called me and told me that there was Vacancy. I went on interview and all went really well, being inter there for 6 months helped me a lot. So i agree with you guys. Doing things for free ain't bad, it wont pay you that moment but, it will in future for sure. Now i have a job. I'm 21 years old, studying in University, finishing it this year and going to pass for Master Degree.The money i get from job is enough for me as a Student. I started working here like 3 months now and i build my first low budget PC which runs games on 1080p quite well. So I'm really happy guy at this moment :D 

I know it sounds weird - but start at a restaurant or store. Learn customer service.

If you want to be successful in things such as computer repair, customers will go to the place with the best service. Customer skills are also the main thing computer nerds suck balls at. 

1 hour ago, DioOmicida said:

It's a forum so I'm not really worried about auto correct. You aren't paying my bills.

That's not autocorrect. The keys needed to type hire are not very close to those needed to type higher in the slightest. It makes you look like a fool.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

20 hours ago, danoedel97 said:

Welp I know what I'm gonna do.

1 hour ago, cleb said:

I'm 17 and I work at a computer repair shop learning under a crazy man named steve.  Making $9/hr plus commission.  If you have enough experience you can probably get a similar job. 

What kind of experience did you need, I'm strongly considering getting a similar position over the summer.

ASU

If your here in the UK, contact local high schools and see if they have apprenticeships or internships or even if there IT team would like any help a couple days a week. Its a great way to get experience in the field that right now in the UK market is valued highly over official qualifications for entry level positions

21 hours ago, DioOmicida said:

Yes and you're missing out.

I live in Maryland and we don't have Publix. The only reason I know about it is because I was born in Florida and visit there frequently. The equivalent here is...Giant? Shoppers? Costco? We also don't have Walgreen's. Instead, we have CVS. Do you guys have Giant?