Getting through School's WiFi Blocks

teddy710

I don't know where to begin but I would like to have more freedom and on the internet at school than I do on my phone mainly but also on a computer. If someone could let me know where to begin and what to look into that'd be great. And I wasn't sure where to put this post either if someone could tell me also. Thanks!

Get betternet VPN

I like Computer Stuffs. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it in again? Automation Expert (Bots, scripts, etc)! Add me on Xbox Live: JollyPlanet449 And on Steam!: Baxtmann Wanshow.tips is a cool place too

Tunnel bear VPN works on more schools that block VPNs, or just any VPN you can download. Or betternet for mobile.

funny part is im browsing this through a vpn at school... Betternet and tunnelbear are good, but they may be blocked. A good one to try is hoxx (chrome and firefox extension), and Hotspot shield if nothing else works. If even hotspot shield is blocked (congrats to your IT people), you can try using tor through the tor browser or the Advanced Onion router. Good luck, and don't get caught.

Its automatic, just press this button!

VPN's may work but lots of schools monitor VPN's and ban your device(s) from the network for the year or for the rest of the time you are at that school.

2 minutes ago, mrgooglegeek said:

(congrats to your IT people)

haha. had a grin. I used hotspot shield in my school years. but didn't needed it for browsing the web because its a very liberal school. Not blocking anything. the only reason why i used it is to watch US Netflix. 

speaking of not blocking anything. Tunnelbear!

if the school machines have firefox or chrome. Search the addons for zen mate. 

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

16 minutes ago, teddy710 said:

I don't know where to begin but I would like to have more freedom and on the internet at school than I do on my phone mainly but also on a computer. If someone could let me know where to begin and what to look into that'd be great. And I wasn't sure where to put this post either if someone could tell me also. Thanks!

https://www.proxysite.com/

Just now, JPotze said:

haha. had a grin. I used hotspot shield in my school years. but didn't needed it for browsing the web because its a very liberal school. Not blocking anything. the only reason why i used it is to watch US Netflix. 

speaking of not blocking anything. Tunnelbear!

Our IT guys are rather grumpy about their precious bandwidth. That means No Youtube no sourceforge no ubuntu website (downloaded it a few too many times) No LTT or other forums No gaming sites whatsoever and No working vpn's except HSS (and don't get me started on the 32 bit computers)

Its automatic, just press this button!

Use these DNS server.

It worked in my teacher's Cisco class

2 minutes ago, mrgooglegeek said:

Our IT guys are rather grumpy about their precious bandwidth. That means No Youtube no sourceforge no ubuntu website (downloaded it a few too many times) No LTT or other forums No gaming sites whatsoever and No working vpn's except HSS (and don't get me started on the 32 bit computers)

lol. back in the day i was a heavy uploader for the usenet groups with all sorts of software, movies and games and used the schools network to upload. i uploaded with my full gigabit network connection to the web. in the IT department they even kept track of my usage of the network. the walked over to my classroom and asked why i uploaded 4.6 terabytes of data that month. after i explained they gave me a pad on the back for uploading such great content :P that was a good day.

Use Hotspot shield for your computer. It's free and it works really well for me anyway. It should work for you. 

Either:

1) Get a VPN

2) Leave your main computer on and SSH into it when on school network.

3) Run a VM online. I don't think they know much about Manymo (Android VM) or SUSEstudio (for a ton of Linux distros)

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

My school aren't concerned about bandwidth but they block all proxies besides a couple. 

We have one terrible VPN with 12Mbps speed from the US.. horrid. 

Might try HSS. The school computers run something called 'Netbox Blue' which uses a web spider to explore sites and categorises them. It locks your account if you touch it, and so does the anti-virus which detects and removes a myriad of applications. 

idk