AMD Polaris 10 GPU Reportedly Offers Near 980 Ti Performance For 300 USD

Aytex

http://www.game-debate.com/blog/images/_id1461590365_343178_5.png

If this is true i can only imagine the power of the flagships, maybe like 3x the power? lol if we can only imagine

AMD reportedly hosted an event designed to showcase its upcoming Polaris GPUs and the Radeon Pro Duo to journalists behind closed doors in Taiwan recently, ahead of an expected official unveiling in May. The big noise coming out of the event is that the switch to the 14nm FinFET fabrication process means the Polaris 10 GPU performs extremely close to the GeForce GTX 980 Ti, but for a drastically cheaper price point.

As we’ve detailed before, the process shrink means improvements to efficiency and transistor density, resulting in a bump in performance. That bump looks to be a hefty one as well, if the Polaris 10 is to match the GTX 980 Ti.

The Polaris 10 GPU is the successor to the 300-series, which AMD views as its mainstream range. This means Polaris 10 is not the next Fury and Fury X, but rather a 300 series successor, which is up to and including the R9 390X. That equates to the eventual Polaris 10 powered Radeon R9 490X being capable of GTX 980 Ti performance for a price tag in the region of $300-400.

it also consuming less TDP makes us not have to get upgraded PSU's= more money saved for us

The Polaris 10 GPU itself has a maximum TDP of 175W, but AMD claims it will generally consume far less than that. Early benchmarks have the Polaris 10 scoring in the region of 4000 points in 3DMark Fire Strike Ultra, which puts it firmly in the ballpark of the Fury X and the 980 Ti. If AMD can hit the rumoured $300 price point with such a graphics card then it could have an absolute monster on its hands.

Source

I hope thats true

edit: the 300- series was also apparently going to "destroy the 900- series from nvidia" tho that didn't really happen...

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

will wait to see, i honestly doubt it will be true 

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

1 minute ago, IMPERIUS said:

I hope thats true

edit: the 300- series was also apparently going to "destroy the 900- series from nvidia" tho that didn't really happen...

Well it did with all but the 980ti 

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I'm skeptical, but it would be awesome if it was true, but that does mean that the Furies become obsolete.

Just now, Megahurt said:

I'm skeptical, but it would be awesome if it was true, but that does mean that the Furies become obsolete.

Not exactly, they would lower the price of last gen GPU's soo

Just now, thekeemo said:

Well it did with all but the 980ti 

Meh it didn't really "destroy" anything

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

I am very much looking forward to its release.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

I want to believe, but it's just so far-fetched. If it's true though, this could be the boost that AMD seriously needs.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

490X Lightning pls thx. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

Not exactly, they would lower the price of last gen GPU's soo

I doubt they can lower the price that much, it's a BIG chip, and HBM isn't cheap either.

4 minutes ago, IMPERIUS said:

Well at 1080p not but at 4K AMD cards have a really good price to performance point and they caught up to Nvidia quite a bit!

But as you said we can only hope, because oh my god all those FPS!!!

System:
CPU: I7-3610QM @ 2.3 GHz | Motherboard: something with chips | RAM: 8 Gb of something | GPU: AMD HD 7600M | Case: Something made out of plastic | Storage: Toshiba MQ01ABD075 750GB | PSU: something external | Display(s): something glowing | Cooling: jet engine | Keyboard: hama something | Mouse: Logitech something | Sound: Traktor Kontrol S2 as soundcard, AKG K500 Headphones | Operating System: Windoof 10

1 minute ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

I want to believe, but it's just so far-fetched. If it's true though, this could be the boost that AMD seriously needs.

We've already seen Polaris 11 displaying massive efficiency gains, and Polaris 10 was demoed live playing Hitman at 1440p 60FPS constant, which its self is better than a Fury X.

1 minute ago, Citadelen said:

We've already seen Polaris 11 displaying massive efficiency gains, and Polaris 10 was demoed live playing Hitman at 1440p 60FPS constant, which its self is better than a Fury X.

Hype hype hype!

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

3 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Don't forget this meme

theahrehrh.png

10 times, look at his fingers, that means his serious

Pretty sure AMD aint gonna win this time either xD, remember what they said about the 300 series? how it was gonna crush Nvidia? that was a great fantasy...

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

I really hope so... and I hope it will overclock well. I was actually hoping for even better results, since I'd like to jump on the AMD train this summer.

However, I really doubt it's going to be priced at 300$, IMHO the full Polaris 10 chip will hover around 450$ and 350$ for the cutdown

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

In dx 12, yea, but I doubt it beats a 980 ti in dx 11. Dx 11 is on its way out though so I guess it wins where it counts if this is true.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I'd find it really funny if Pascal turns out as Fermi Mk 2.

Nvidia Fermi one.jpg

I grew up with amd seeing the competition...How intel was in the ring with intel and nvidia....I really hope they can get back in the game with the new lineup...

CPU Ryzen 5 3600 -  GPU GeForce GTX 1060 3GB - MOTHERBOARD Asus B550 Plus - - HARD DRIVE WD Blue 1TB - MEMORY Corsair 16GB DDR4

3 minutes ago, Arokhantos said:

Why ? you afraid you have to switch to AMD ? this is only good news because Nvidia has been slacking way to much, it will push Nvidia to to start taking things seriously again which is good for everyone.

no, i hate both companies equally, i dont side with any company here, i just doubt it will be the performance of a 980ti, maybe a 980 but i just highly doubt it will be at the level of the 980 ti, no doubt if it is true it will be good for everyone, also you should learn not to call people out just for doubting something that will be good for amd

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

11 minutes ago, IMPERIUS said:

Meh it didn't really "destroy" anything

I think that was the everyone hyping it up. Kinda like how everyone thought the Fury X was going to be a Titan X destroyer, even when AMD never claimed that.

Gogo AMD! Red side will dominate this Gen...hopefully...if I literally built my computer one year earlier (in 2013) I would have gone with full AMD...fx 8350/8150 and a 7990...oh well :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

I'd find it really funny is Pascal turns out as Fermi Mk 2.

Nvidia Fermi one.jpg

I'm actually quite hoping so.

They listed the full GP100 at 300W, highest ever for a NVIDIA GPU, while it has ~20% more cores than GM100 and the same area...

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam