Creative Labs SB0200 Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 PCI Audio Sound Card

So, I have one of these cards just lying around and I know it works

but it works in windows xp

I have a regular pci slot on my motherboard, and I'd like to use it as a third output/input.

Problem is, I'm running windows 8 pro 64-bit.

Question is, does anyone know where I can find drivers for it.

It will not work without drivers  :angry:

It's the regular card you buy from creative, it didn't come with a dell computer

difference is hardware dsp vs software dsp on dell model, not sure if that helps

41KUvRgQ6tL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I can't even load Creative.com at the moment............................................................................................................................

Google?

That's not the kind of answer I was looking for on this forum..

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

That's not the kind of answer I was looking for on this forum..

Sorry man I honestly don't know lol and this is so specific I feel like no one else will either.

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

Sorry man I honestly don't know lol and this is so specific I feel like no one else will either.

I think the point in asking is to have more people searching. Who knows, there might be some random user with this soundcard in their mom's PC who might be able to help out.

what is that interface on the bottom is it a gameport for joysticks was there audio that came out of that thing?

I couldnt get the creative site to load either...

Is it a thing... like I know using vista x64 drivers on win7 can be done...

Can you use Vista/Win7 drivers on Win8?

"For all of you guys that have had no luck installing your Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1 Driver on Windows Vista, here is a resolution that works!"

http://www.aeonity.com/david/creative-soundblaster-live-51-driver-windows-vista-download

If you cannot get the drivers (if the link is dead) then google search the driver he found that works and get it from somewhere else.

Apparently this driver works, if you extract it, and point the device manager driver update to the folder with these extracted files.

Filename of the driver is - SBXF_PCDVT_LB_2_13_0012.exe

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

The old creative drivers can be installed in windows update in windows vista onward, iirc.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

what is that interface on the bottom is it a gameport for joysticks was there audio that came out of that thing?

yea it's a midi/joystick connection.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

I'm thinking it'd be easier if I just write a driver myself :P

So did you try any of the above..?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

SBXF_PCDVT_LB_2_13_0012.exe <--- those drivers are for the x-fi series

I found this on the creative forums

it's and unofficial driver pack, but I have more than 2 gb of ram :L

11-08-2012, 07:17 AM #1

Guru Join Date Apr 2007 Posts 1,008

SB Live! series Support Pack 2.5 (11/07/2012)
This software/driver pack is unofficial, not supported by Creative Labs.
Use it at your own risk.

Supports any model of the following Sound Blaster cards (based on Emu10kx DSP):

- Live! (4.1) - all models

- Live! 5.1 - all models

- PCI 512

Host-based Live! 24-bit card is not supported,

click here for a compatible version

Operating systems supported:

- 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 8, 7, Vista SP2 and XP SP3

WARNING: The included driver supports up to 2Gb of RAM on Windows 8 / 7 / Vista

Applies to both 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 8 / 7 / Vista.

In case more memory is installed, you will experience sound issues and your system will crash randomly.

32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows XP are not affected.

This is one if the reasons I dislike video cards, that is so totally stupid. You have to spend all day look for drivers that will crash your system. IMO I would just ditch that card I don't know if it will be worth all of the headaches.

It was worth a shot

Try to find a bargain 2nd hand newer sound card.

Depending actually on the fact no1 asked..?
What are your speaker setups/headphones?

No point upgrading the sound card if the speakers cannot pick up the difference.

*Although my shitty TT Shock headphones sound a lot better getting its source from my brothers dedicated sound card.

No point upgrading the sound card if the speakers cannot pick up the difference.

*Although my shitty TT Shock headphones sound a lot better getting its source from my brothers dedicated sound card.

If i understand the first post correctly, he is not looking to upgrade the sound, but to add another set of inputs/outputs to his computer

| Operating Systems: Arch Linux  /  Debian Linux  /  Windows 7 | Audio: Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D + AKG Q701 |

| Display: Samsung Syncmaster P2450H | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Black | Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL Brown | Mic: Samson C03U |

| Case: Corsair 600T | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K | GPU: AMD HD7950 | Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro | PSU: Corsair TX850M |

I'm not upgrading to a 10 year old sound card, it's what I have lying around and I wanted to use it as a separate output

Oh sorry I got confused, easily :/

Must be bedtime.

Thanks for all the help guys. This topic is pretty much closed.