Blockbuster Games Sales Compared

Gunzkewl

Glad my 15 a month can help out WOW

and wow is an MMORPG and thus takes server which cost money to run and takes money to keep up I feel like this graph is a little bit "something cant think of the word try to get pepole to talk about it"

I didn't think that Grand Theft Auto 5's advertising was that good and they still sold that much?

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

How much do ya think GTA V Will gross?

I'm guessing around 2 billion, maybe 3 if they release DLC.

I didn't think that Grand Theft Auto 5's advertising was that good and they still sold that much?

what advertising ?

the only thing ive seen from them were those pics from IGN like 6 months ago

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Mario Kart Wii is the biggest surprise in that chart for me. GTA V's budget was nearly twice what that graph is showing also so I do wonder about the numbers. 

Mario Kart Wii is the biggest surprise in that chart for me. GTA V's budget was nearly twice what that graph is showing also so I do wonder about the numbers.

Not really a surprise for me. There were 100 million Wii's consoles sold. They heavily relied on their first party titles because 3rd party games sucked or were nonexistent.

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

Not really a surprise for me. There were 100 million Wii's consoles sold. They heavily relied on their first party titles because 3rd party games sucked or were nonexistent.

Fair point. I knew it sold well, I'm just surprised how well!

Glad my 15 a month can help out WOW

and wow is an MMORPG and thus takes server which cost money to run and takes money to keep up I feel like this graph is a little bit "something cant think of the word try to get pepole to talk about it"

Seems you blissfully unaware that server costs (to run that is) are pretty much nothing in the large scheme of things, that 15 a month is mostly pure profit.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Something doesn't seem right about this chart. If WoW has 10+ billion why is the CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Michael Morhaime only worth 1.8 billion? See what I mean. bit fishy aye.

Something doesn't seem right about this chart. If WoW has 10+ billion why is the CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Michael Morhaime only worth 1.8 billion? See what I mean. bit fishy aye.

I'd be guessing that it's got something to do with the running costs of a massive MMO like WoW. Imagine how much it costs to run the servers for it. That'll be why he's "only" worth 1.8 billion. Plus all other costs.

Well when you consider all of the employees at Blizzard, server costs, insurance... everything pretty much, I can't imagine that would be cheap. And WoW has been out for almost 10 years now, plus it's an MMO, stupid graph is stupid?

How much do ya think GTA V Will gross?

What if it's like the last Harry Potter movie? It smashes all the day 1/week 1 records, but also has one of the biggest drop offs since everybody already saw it, or, for GTA, bought it.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

After sooo many delays and no news that it was coming to the PC I lost all interest in it. Then a couple of months ago I watched the gameplay trailer that shows off everything new about the game I'd it got my attention straight back. I cannot wait for this game to come out on the PC.