Completed - Gear Up with EVGA "Dark DragonBlade"

Update!

Sorry for the lack of updates the past few weeks. I got an emergency project for a local LAN event here and only had 3 weeks (that's 6 days for me) to get it done. But now that that's out of the way, time to finish the DragonBlade up! Although it will be next week since I ran out of power supply cable and pin connectors. But here is a little update, the wife suggested to add a few more details for the side covers and for the PSU shroud. 

QODUycrl.jpg

TGlAYUYl.jpg

FFW4DWWl.jpg

And this is going to be the right PSU shroud cover.

oX907Hvl.jpg

This will be the top panel.

JuJoVYal.jpg

Last week when I was trying to put everything together to try to run some loop, I found out that the first custom GPU backplate that I did won't work because of some clearance issues between the backplate and the IO shield and the RAM slots. So, I ended up revising the backplate. It's still a bit dirty since I haven't polished it yet (the wife might become in charge of the polishing part to speed things up). Top one was the first backplate that I did and the one at the bottom is the revised one.

nrSpgi9l.jpg

A little detail for the fans that I will be using. Saw a roll of carbon fiber vinyl sticker laying around. :)

CLJpYJGl.jpg

ycVSbj1l.jpg

Removing the stock cooler of the glorious Classified 980Ti was hard for me. That thing already looks damn sexy AF. 

Cdb1AWtl.jpg

rI5yrr4l.jpg

I won't get tired staring at this photo that I took. ;P

2qVUK0Gl.jpg

Jox9TEol.jpg

FYkT2RFl.jpg

Sdre10Tl.jpg

1CqMrWvl.jpg

Almost there! Next week will be the final update (hopefully)! Just need to figure out the route for the loop and the best spot for the drain line. See yah on the next one! Ciao!

wow, great design, color scheme is so cool. And those custom parts, awesome!

I currently play PUBG, help me get chicken dinner xD

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Finally, here we are. After a few hiccups, a few major and minor issues, I finally got the project done. I won't talk anymore since I owe you guys a final update, so without further ado, here's the final photos. 

bT75HUKl.jpg

oVryOUWl.jpg

O1oyh9ql.jpg

7t9F3vvl.jpg

93sOhOol.jpg

9caVIW6l.jpg

9JGphExl.jpg

YY4Xglql.jpg

Qj9Bhv2l.jpg

JsFox27l.jpg

tCzBodll.jpg

WlcgdMHl.jpg

My attempt on a neat cable routing. Was not as good as what I have expected but it seems like the bend is at its max.

YGtRgyql.jpg

v3Ds8ral.jpg

TL0iYl4l.jpg

X4KkI5Wl.jpg?1

tGDbVTsl.jpg

Time to fill her up! This was one of the major issues that I had a few weeks ago. I got a bad leak. The adapter fitting on the cpu block had a bad o-ring on it, which might actually be my fault but im not sure. The coolant dripped down to the back plate of the graphics card, almost went inside the gpu itself. Good thing it didnt caused any damage. So I needed to wait till it all dries up just to make sure.

Ri4Tkh7l.jpg

Lxx5j5el.jpg

oI6Pbxml.jpg

DnOh2AGl.jpg

4dxv8Fxl.jpg

wxB1fKll.jpg

1wMyPyyl.jpg

8Ryq2zOl.jpg

CeGGEFEl.jpg

oVkTM0Ul.jpg

QbDAz1kl.jpg

Lights off, UV light, on. 

C6qLKeRl.jpg

86TGqRYl.jpg

PFJsqRal.jpg

fT8XVi7l.jpg

cF35Wa6l.jpg

T9P0N8jl.jpg

xeJnn06l.jpg

I think that's all the "good" photos that I have. As you might have noticed, the coolant color on some of the photos are a bit "pale" and other photos, its a bit more vibrant. That's because I was still playing around with the camera settings of my DSLR (Nikon D3300).  It's my first DSLR camera and im still getting familiar with all the settings and what not.

Again, a very, very huge shout out to the sponsors of the this project, EVGA and Thermaltake! Thank you so, so much for the support that you guys gave me on this one. Specially the EVGA who was assisting with all their awesome components, Eddie, you Sir is just awesome. The assistance and patience that you gave me is just out of this world. And to all the other reps that gave me their full support, thank you so much! 

And for the people who was sticking with the build logs that I have put through out this project, thank you, thank you very much! Your words of encouragement kept me going on this project. If you have any questions or comments or suggestions, please, feel free to drop comment. I learned A LOT from this project and I am still hoping on learning some more from your feed backs.

Again, EVGA and Thermaltake, thank you so much! Now I can finally do a little clean up of my "Workshop" area.

MrLrkw1l.jpg

Or maybe not... Anyway, see you guys on my next project! Just need to hibernate for a week, then I'll start to work on another project for... Well, we'll see. Ciao! thumbup1.gif

On 09/12/2016 at 9:51 AM, TheCamba said:

Awesome work man!

12 hours ago, Str8f4c3 said:

Beautiful Build!

5 hours ago, nofxz said:

very nice

Thank you guys! If you have any suggestions or questions, please feel free to drop them! 

This is AMAZING! you really nail it with the details, and the front panel translates Genji's design perfectly. I'm a Genji main at over 80hrs and I cant stop looking at this case!

Previous Build

"WD EXO" Link Here     "WD Bonk" Link Here

8 hours ago, Willy Dijo said:

This is AMAZING! you really nail it with the details, and the front panel translates Genji's design perfectly. I'm a Genji main at over 80hrs and I cant stop looking at this case!

Thanks Willy! But this is nothing compared to your work!