Downloaded two programs,now I am having issues

Pugsicle
Go to solution Solved by komaru,

Backup you important files (Win key+E for Explorer)

Ctrl+Alt+Del

Click the Power Option in the bottom right

HOLD SHIFT and click Restart (Continue to holed Shift until at a new screen with options)

Click Troubleshoot, then Reset PC

Select the option to Remove Everything and Re-install Windows (you can try the option that doesn't remove files, but you will still need to re-install any programs/games)

Sit back and wait

Import your data if necessary.

I recently downloaded two programs called Clover and Autoruns for Windows and once I ran them and used them for a bit, I am now not able to use the start menu, search function, and for some reason my computer will not connect to the internet (it clearly says I am in the taskbar and I am hard wired so there is no issue there). When I click on the start menu it does not do anything, the search function at least tries but then collapses after its open for a second. Should I just do a clean install and start over? What do you guys recommend that I should do? I am currently running Windows 10.

5 hours ago, Ethann_AKA_CPU1 said:

i'd say collect all your important files and nuke the OS

The OS is on an ssd, do you know of any way that I can nuke it? Looks like boot and nuke will not work on ssds.

Backup you important files (Win key+E for Explorer)

Ctrl+Alt+Del

Click the Power Option in the bottom right

HOLD SHIFT and click Restart (Continue to holed Shift until at a new screen with options)

Click Troubleshoot, then Reset PC

Select the option to Remove Everything and Re-install Windows (you can try the option that doesn't remove files, but you will still need to re-install any programs/games)

Sit back and wait

Import your data if necessary.

Why don't you just try to restore windows to a date before you installed those 2 programs?

1. Open Control Panel.

2. Search Control Panel for Recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Or you could just reset windows:

Settings > Update & security > Reset this PC > Get started> Select the option to keep your files, so the only thing modified is Windows.

You can use the same method to fully reset the system too, deleting everything that was in the disc.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

26 minutes ago, Sors said:

Why don't you just try to restore windows to a date before you installed those 2 programs?

1. Open Control Panel.

2. Search Control Panel for Recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Or you could just reset windows:

Settings > Update & security > Reset this PC > Get started> Select the option to keep your files, so the only thing modified is Windows.

You can use the same method to fully reset the system too, deleting everything that was in the disc.

Because I'm dumb and dont have any recovery points made. How would I get into the settings without the start menu? That's usually how I get into the control panel.

1 hour ago, Pugsicle said:

Because I'm dumb and dont have any recovery points made. How would I get into the settings without the start menu? That's usually how I get into the control panel.

For control panel you can access it from windows explorer:   Right click on my PC, select properties, in the window that opens look at the left and at the top should be control panel.

Click on the action center, and there you can click on all settings.

471948-action-button.jpg?thumb=y

Mystery is the source of all true science.