My Future PC Build

Hey there everyone, my name is ArashiG, and this is my first time here actually.

I was wondering if I could use some help with a future pc build. 

Here's the build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/thelonelypandaz/saved/#view=TmV9TW

The current price for this whole build is $1,546.70, and that's WAY too much. I want a pc that's at least under $1,000, if possible. 

If you guys can, leave a pc part or build that can be good for gaming, at least 300 fps, and can run those high-spec games (GTA V for example). 

Thanks! ~Arashi

6 minutes ago, ArashiG said:

The current price for this whole build is $1,546.70, and that's WAY too much. I want a pc that's at least under $1,000, if possible. 

Quick Question: Does the price of the monitor and headphones add into the $1000?

4 minutes ago, PCIsMasterRace said:

Quick Question: Does the price of the monitor and headphones add into the $1000?

At the current moment, no it does not! Hmm, then again, I could be wrong. (Looking at the monitor)

Edited by ArashiG

first i would suggest getting the 6600k instead of the 6700k unless you really need an i7

I hope you're not expecting to run 300 FPS on all games...

Anyway, here's some things that you can save cash on:

You've paired an expensive CPU cooler and a Z170 with a CPU you cannot overclock. Either get a K-series CPU or get a B150 with a cheaper cooler instead. Speaking of which, you don't even need an i7 if you're only gaming.

The reference cooler of the GTX 970 is subpar. At $370 you're overpaying for it when you can get one with a better cooler for $70 less.

750W for a GTX 970 is way too much. You'll be fine with the 550W variant of the EVGA G2.

For a $1000 build, get an SSD. Makes a world of difference.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

7 minutes ago, ArashiG said:

Hey there everyone, my name is ArashiG, and this is my first time here actually.

I was wondering if I could use some help with a future pc build. 

Here's the build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/thelonelypandaz/saved/#view=TmV9TW

If you guys can, leave a pc part or build that can be good for gaming, at least 300 fps, and can run those high-spec games (GTA V for example). 

Thanks! ~Arashi

you could save $100 since there is no point to water cool your cpu with a non-k, almost $400 for a 970 is a bit too much

for that price you could get a pre-build like this 

http://slickdeals.net/f/8685819-hp-envy-750se-desktop-i7-6700-2tb-hdd-16gb-ddr4-6gb-gtx-980-ti-win-10-1135-free-shipping?src=sticky

r9 390's are going for less than $300 on sale with 8gb vram so i would go for that instead

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

You'll obviously not get 300FPS in all games with this build, but this is, by far, the most bang for the buck.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($53.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($36.99 @ Micro Center)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($317.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($78.86 @ Amazon)
Total: $768.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-23 23:22 EDT-0400

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

alright get the 212 evo

a b150 MB

a 6600 non k

R9 390

add a ssd with the money you spared

smaller power supply

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zGRnsY

Use this as a reference. If you are overclocking this is best for you. If not then consider this:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2bfVqs

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

18 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

I hope you're not expecting to run 300 FPS on all games...

Anyway, here's some things that you can save cash on:

You've paired an expensive CPU cooler and a Z170 with a CPU you cannot overclock. Either get a K-series CPU or get a B150 with a cheaper cooler instead. Speaking of which, you don't even need an i7 if you're only gaming.

The reference cooler of the GTX 970 is subpar. At $370 you're overpaying for it when you can get one with a better cooler for $70 less.

750W for a GTX 970 is way too much. You'll be fine with the 550W variant of the EVGA G2.

For a $1000 build, get an SSD. Makes a world of difference.

What would be your recommendation? On the CPU I ment.

As someone already pointed out, the processor + cooler + mobo choice doesn't really make much sense. If you're going with the i7 6700, don't waste over $100 on the cooler for something that can do perfectly fine with something costing under $40 (Cryorig H7, it's better than the 212). I'd also up the DDR4 speed since it actually matters with Skylake--though, you'd need a Z series chipset to use such speed. GPU seems overpriced considering a few short months we get Pascal. PSU choice is fine. Leaves room for SLI in the future if you're into that.

2 minutes ago, ArashiG said:

Have you though of the AMD side of GPUS. they perform better for the money. The r9 390 performs better than the GTX 970 for the  same price?

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

4 minutes ago, ArashiG said:

Are you going to be overclocking? If not, the i5 6500 with a decent aftermarket air cooler like the Cryorig H7.

If you are, then get the i5 6600K. 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 minute ago, DeezNoNos said:

Have you though of the AMD side of GPUS. they perform better for the money. The r9 390 performs better than the GTX 970 for the  same price?

Hmm, actually I have not. However, I was recommended a lot instead of the intel.

1. Replace the Core i7 6700 with a Core i5 6600k to take advantage of the overclocking capability of your motherboard and your AIO watercooling loop instead. With a decent overclock, it'll perform better in games too.
  2. Use the money you save to get an R9 390x instead of your GTX 970.
  3. Enjoy a much more optimized PC.

1 minute ago, ArashiG said:

Hmm, actually I have not. However, I was recommended a lot instead of the intel.

YEah for 1000 quid never go intergated  

Build

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

You'll obviously not get 300FPS in all games with this build, but this is, by far, the most bang for the buck.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($53.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($36.99 @ Micro Center)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($317.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($78.86 @ Amazon)
Total: $768.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-23 23:22 EDT-0400

Or he could keep his parts and the assurance of quality-control with a high-end Z170 MSI board, and get a 6600k to overclock and a 390x instead, seeing as he appears to be willing to spend up to $1600 anyway.

I wonder if there's something in the parts list competition that I can recommend...

Just now, Aereldor said:

Or he could keep his parts and the assurance of quality-control with a high-end Z170 MSI board, and get a 6600k to overclock and a 390x instead, seeing as he appears to be willing to spend up to $1600 anyway.

I wonder if there's something in the parts list competition that I can recommend...

Nope he said that $1500 was waaaaaay to high. He wants it to be $1000

Build

Spoiler

1 minute ago, DeezNoNos said:

His part list is a lot less frugal than his quote, but sure, @Shahnewaz has the best possible build for the buck, and he's left room for the Viewsonic VX 2457 75Hz 1080p freesync monitor and some nice peripherals too.

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/viewsonic-monitor-vx2457mhd

3 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

As for AMD, which one would you recommend?

11 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Are you going to be overclocking? If not, the i5 6500 with a decent aftermarket air cooler like the Cryorig H7.

If you are, then get the i5 6600K. 

Hmm well, first, is overclocking dangerous at all, or no? 

Well, let me rephrase, is overclocking a good choice? Like what are the pros and cons on it?

1 minute ago, ArashiG said:

As for AMD, which one would you recommend?

the R9 390, for this price range. And if u have a 1000 bucks more get the R9 390x. 

If for some reason you can not buy these gpus for 300 or 400, get the R9 380

Build

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, ArashiG said:

Hmm well, first, is overclocking dangerous at all, or no? 

Well, let me rephrase, is overclocking a good choice? Like what are the pros and cons on it?

No, it isn't. You've got to try hard to actually damage the CPU.

Yes, it's a good choice. You're basically squeezing extra performance out of a CPU. Con-wise, you're going to have spend more money and have slightly higher temps depending on how far you overclock and how good your CPU cooler is.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

the R9 390, for this price range. And if u have a 1000 bucks more get the R9 390x. 

If for some reason you can not buy these gpus for 300 or 400, get the R9 380

Hmm, how about the CPU? I heard the FX-6300 was real good.

2 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

No, it isn't. You've got to try hard to actually damage the CPU.

Yes, it's a good choice. You're basically squeezing extra performance out of a CPU. Con-wise, you're going to have spend more money and slightly higher temps depending on how far you overclock and how good your CPU cooler is.

Hmm, so from what I'm hearing, more performance, but it'll be hella hot in a room.