Nexus 6P OR Samsung s6 OR iPhone 6/6s

I'm going to be upgrading phones , I have the iPhone 4 right now.

i am planning to stay with my carrier Rogers (Canada). 

1. What plans do you guys have and recommend. 

2. What phone should I get : nexus 6p OR Samsung s6 OR iPhone 6/6s

I wanted The Samsung s7 , but it's expensive since it just came out. ($300 CAD with 2yr contract)

thanks

Desktop: i5 4670k, Z97-K, 16GB, MSI GTX 770, Evga 850G2, TT T31

Freenas Server: i3 4170, X10-SLL-F-O, Crucial 16GB UDIMM, 4x4TB WD Red, Evga 550GS, Fractal 804

Peripheral: K60, HyperX Cloud

Mobile: Nexus 6P 

They are all very solid phones.  I guess it just comes down to what you want, stock android, samsung's variation, or ios.  If you're coming from an iphone 4 and you were happy with it I'd just stick with the iphone 6, then you don't really have to learn a new o/s, and anything you had with your apple account just transfers to the new phone.

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

I have a nexus 6p (great phone btw) and so does my friend who came from an iphone 4. The size difference is immense and something to consider but otherwise its a solid device. Stock android is simple, powerful and efficient and the nexus is definitely one of the top dogs for android phones. I would also consider the iphone, it's another solid option and will offer comparable features. It's essentially a matter of which os you like better. 

18 minutes ago, Member said:

I wanted The Samsung s7 , but it's expensive since it just came out. ($300 CAD with 2yr contract)

thanks

I personally wouldn't choose the Galaxy. Later in their lives they will big down (The Note 5 ALREADY has RAM issues) as TouchWiz gets bigger and more demanding for the new flagships. The 6p is an amazing phone that should live a long life, due to its Android build being fairly close to stock. The iPhones will live FOREVER though. Think of this, the 4s is about 5 years old now and it still gets iOS updates as they come out. You could easily scrape by on a 3 year contract with a flagship Apple built in the yester-year and pay almost nothing monthly for it. But if you wanna stick Android, unless you want to do yearly upgrades, don't buy a Galaxy. Nexus is a better option that will get you through a 2-3 year contract and even have plenty of life left. You could get a 6 (2014 flagship) for almost nothing or get a 6s ('15 flagship) for more, and obviously get the faster fingerprint reader, as well as the pressure sensitive display (It's useless right now)

~` please , don't let my whole life burn down `~

- why can't i just focus right now? -

; i'm tired ;

29 minutes ago, Member said:

thanks

Well, I have an iPhone 6s Plus, but to ensure you get the best phone for you. You must ask yourself, what do you want your phone to do? The only reason I could see for you to get the 6s is if you are invested in the iOS ecosystem and you want to keep all your data, contacts, etc. etc. Do you want the heavy user customization that Android offers? Do you want the security, OS updates and developer support of iOS? There are a lot of factors. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

31 minutes ago, Member said:

thanks

If you're sastified with the iOS experience (excluding the lag issues because its probably an iPhone 4 on iOS 7.1.2), then go for the iPhone 6s (plus or not)

The + version is great for multimedia.

Rogers is great with the iPhone 6s+ with my experience. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

If you're sastified with the iOS experience (excluding the lag issues because its probably an iPhone 4 on iOS 7.1.2), then go for the iPhone 6s (plus or not)

The + version is great for multimedia.

Rogers is great with the iPhone 6s+ with my experience. 

I could never go to a smaller screen. My 6s Plus is a beauty to watch and do anything on :)

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

I could never go to a smaller screen. My 6s Plus is a beauty to watch and do anything on :)

Same here c: I just have a iPhone 3G sitting in front of me and I wonder everyday how did I live with a 3.5" phone for 7 years c:

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

29 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Agreed but, my Moto G 2014 and Galaxy S6. It's so much better with the 5" (or so) screens than anything smaller than 4.7in.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization