Fallout 4 Mods to disable achievements

14 hours ago, TrigrH said:

That seems like something they might ban you for...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Can't say I care about achievements.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

On 4/23/2016 at 2:27 PM, CyanideInsanity said:

Mods aren't necessarily cheats though. Adding new radio stations, or player customization such as hair or outfits(not armour) aren't cheating. Hell there are even unofficial patches that fix things bethesda missed.

Mods can be cheats, and there is no way fort them to properly regulate whether the mod you installed is simply for aesthetics or bug fixing or for cheating. 

Praise Duarte!

7 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

That seems like something they might ban you for...

as long as you don't do anything stupid, like having it running while on a VAC server, no not really. Steam cant tell if you are using this or the game itself. (though do at ur own risk ofc.)

20 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

as long as you don't do anything stupid, like having it running while on a VAC server, no not really. Steam cant tell if you are using this or the game itself. (though do at ur own risk ofc.)

oh ok.  I still wouldn't though :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 4/23/2016 at 4:27 AM, CyanideInsanity said:

Mods aren't necessarily cheats though. Adding new radio stations, or player customization such as hair or outfits(not armour) aren't cheating. Hell there are even unofficial patches that fix things bethesda missed.

You can't honestly expect them to have some sort of detection system for hundreds if not thousands of mods to see if it's a "cheating" mod or not. Also the definition of cheating could be subjective.(=more bitching) If you want achievements so bad just get all the achievements first then add mods.

I hope that they don't disable them, when you use the dev console, because I had to use it to finish the campaign.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

Not that I care about achievements, actually the pop ups annoy me "well done on playing the game that you bought"

but honestly disabling them for a modded game seems fair to me

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

38 minutes ago, JAKEBAB said:

You can't honestly expect them to have some sort of detection system for hundreds if not thousands of mods to see if it's a "cheating" mod or not. Also the definition of cheating could be subjective.(=more bitching) If you want achievements so bad just get all the achievements first then add mods.

Of course not. I expect them to continue not giving a fuck, as they have for probably the last 8 years. I can't say for certain if mods disabled achievements in FO3 back when it was a gfwl title, but new vegas and skyrim don't do that, and neither does fallout 4 at this very moment. If they wanted to block achievents when modding they should've had this system at launch.

Though unrelated I feel like they completely mismanaged modding. They tried to hide it(but keeping it hidden to an easter egg like launcher plugin viewer and manual ini tweaking as they had day 1 was fine) and actively disable mods when using the launcher unless the plugins ini was read only. Sure its "not ready" for modding, but as always should be an at your own discretion.

Would've been nice if they implemented mod profiles, which allow you to switch between different sets of mods, as well as organize the saves in regards to the mod profiles.

8 hours ago, dragosudeki said:

Would've been nice if they implemented mod profiles, which allow you to switch between different sets of mods, as well as organize the saves in regards to the mod profiles.

Nexus Mod Manager does that.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This sounds like a console thing, since console players are still really into achievements. Might also be that microsoft and sony forced them to add it.
It seems fair imo. If i spent 200 hour trying to get that platinum trophy and then some jackass just makes a mod that makes getting achievements extremely easy i would be pretty upset.

On 4/24/2016 at 8:19 PM, Sirpz said:

How is that worse than Rockstar? who bans people for using mods?

thats in online. i am talking about single player 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

I don't think this is that big of a deal. The only benefit achievements have is that you can see what percentage of people have done certain things. Like I bought a team in NBA 2k16. It was kinda cool seeing that only .0001% of people have done that. 

I don't want this, I can't play a fall out game without mods. I haven't gotten most of the achievement yet, please don't be true. Why would you do something like this? 

Does this only apply to Bethesda workshop mods, or does it also apply to those of us who use ones from the Nexus?

isn't there already console commands? Do those disable achievements? Why would this be intentional?

3 hours ago, PurpleDido said:

isn't there already console commands? Do those disable achievements? Why would this be intentional?

I don't believe console commands do. Honestly I think the only reason for this is bethesda being pushed by microsoft and/or sony to stop people from cheating achievements on console.