Search for the perfect board game.

joelthezombie15

I am in the search for the perfect board game.

What I want.

Hard but not crazy hard

Long play time (between 3 hours and 3 days)

More strat involved than pure dice luck.

Complex but not overwhelming.

Good for large or small groups.

Games I've looked at.

axis and allies, looks fun but far to complex.

Le havre, couldn't find much on it but it seems fun.more info would be appreciated.

a game of thrones, probably the best option of the three but again some more info would be nice.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and sorry for any typos, I'm on my phone :)

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Long play times is not where the eurostyle genre is going. One the best (and the worst) game of all time for long, sustained strategic  gameplay is Diplomacy; I have fond memories in college playing for weekends at a time.

Dungeons and Dragons, which is the greatest table top game of all time, and is free to get into, is good for both 3 hours and 3 days at a time. 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

YOU'RE BACK! :D

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Risk is a lot of fun. 

I don't know what you consider a large group, but it can only be played with 6 players max.

THE signature

Joel, from one Doctor Who fan to another, the game you what is Warhammer 40,000, its a classic wargame that has both Strategy and chance with dice.  Games be short as 40 mins to hour's depending on the game.  Dungeon & Dragon's 4th ed. is a fun game too.

As your looking at Wizard's of the coast website for board games am going to give a secret, you can get better games from Fantasy Flight Games, try http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=174&enmi=X-Wing its fun.

You could go in to the world of true RPG's, how it all started, also known as Pen and Paper RPG's.

Cry Havoc!

Risk is a lot of fun. 

I don't know what you consider a large group, but it can only be played with 6 players max.

I second this. Its the best game hands down

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Long play times is not where the eurostyle genre is going. One the best (and the worst) game of all time for long, sustained strategic  gameplay is Diplomacy; I have fond memories in college playing for weekends at a time.

Dungeons and Dragons, which is the greatest table top game of all time, and is free to get into, is good for both 3 hours and 3 days at a time. 

Okay I will check it out, thanks. I would love dnd but I am looking for a game to play with my family and I don't think my parents would like that :).

YOU'RE BACK! :D

Ya.

Monopoly?

Bit more strategy than that.

Risk is a lot of fun. 

Ya risk is fun but not quiet what I was looking for.

Joel, from one Doctor Who fan to another, the game you what is Warhammer 40,000, its a classic wargame that has both Strategy and chance with dice.  Games be short as 40 mins to hour's depending on the game.  Dungeon & Dragon's 4th ed. is a fun game too.

As your looking at Wizard's of the coast website for board games am going to give a secret, you can get better games from Fantasy Flight Games, try http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=174&enmi=X-Wing its fun.

You could go in to the world of true RPG's, how it all started, also known as Pen and Paper RPG's.

Okay thanks I will look at it. Again, no dnd sadly. I doubt my parents would like those either. Thanks for the link.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

Alright then, Battleship

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

so uhh..

9867019216_92ec97dd4f_o.png

I sorta like this one..

9867014944_6737cf3e6c_n.jpg

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

Alright then, Battleship

how am I supposed to play that with multiple people? Also, battleship is only like a 10 min game.

so uhh..

9867019216_92ec97dd4f_o.png

I sorta like this one..

9867014944_6737cf3e6c_n.jpg

Umm, may want to re read

Jumanji. Watch out for the elephants though. They'll destroy your house

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop