AMD officially classifies Polaris 10 as mainstream desktop GPU and high-end notebook GPU

zMeul
8 minutes ago, SparkyRain said:

Launched apac only http://kakaku.com/item/K0000837850/ Rest, agree. 

Woop huge mistake. E not X, still apac exclusive.

Yea, I wasn't questioning the existence of the card, I was just extremely confused as to how he came to the conclusion that Polaris 10 was replacing the 360x, which is essentially 380/380x performance for the price of a 360x. He has a talent for extrapolating complete nonsense out of thin air, despite the fact that ample evidence to the contrary exists. I mean, there's a fucking demo of the card.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Just now, Tomsen said:

He obviously has an agenda against AMD. Something about how "AMD once upon a time, fooled his stupid ass", and now he is on a constant witchhunt against them.
People who don't stand neutral on the news, should not be reporting and making conclussion on said report imo.

Oh I know - in one topic he openly admitted to being biased against AMD, and explicitly stated that he hated them, because they screwed him once, somehow - something he's never actually explained in any detail.

I've tried reporting it to mods, since how can we trust a news post about AMD from a person with known biases and agendas against them?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

11 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Yea, I wasn't questioning the existence of the card, I was just extremely confused as to how he came to the conclusion that Polaris 10 was replacing the 360x, which is essentially 380/380x performance for the price of a 360x. He has a talent for extrapolating complete nonsense out of thin air, despite the fact that ample evidence to the contrary exists. I mean, there's a fucking demo of the card.

Waiting for real world results might be best for now. Whenever there is leaks on amd products it's amd fans being delusional over it or nvidia fans counting it none credible or vice versa.

Excuse my language but then what's the point with these fuckers getting hyped when they don't wanna accept results at all. Getting to the point where I'm merly merly done with it. Peasants, then wait for the final release instead hitting on sources being bad? What's with this sheeple not doing own research and waiting for some "trusted" source to rechew it for em.

Wcf, not credible, Vdcards, not credible. Oh but linus is credible for what reason? Reading from a paper that has the same thing being said 2 months earlier. This kind of fanboys are disappointing. 

Again, sorry for rant. But that had to be put out.

15 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Oh I know - in one topic he openly admitted to being biased against AMD, and explicitly stated that he hated them, because they screwed him once, somehow - something he's never actually explained in any detail.

I've tried reporting it to mods, since how can we trust a news post about AMD from a person with known biases and agendas against them?

Thats the loophole in the forum rules. There is nothing suggesting that the op has to do a responsible job of delivering the news. 

That's why we have all sorts of arguements in news threads. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Just now, dalekphalm said:

And I'm here wondering how AMD can single-handed screw him? He mostlikely don't go into details, because there aren't such story. My eyes are running in tears of the sheer smell of BS he is pulling.

Don't think the mods care. To be honest, I think all they care about is having more content, even so if the content is obviously mispresented.

However, it is quite clear the system is been played.

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

Oh ZMeul. Forever reaching conclusions that are in no way supported by the article.

Though it may sound odd, the thing I'm most excited about for Polaris and small Pascal is the notebook gpus, let Vega and big Pascal be amazing on desktop. Can't wait to see the performance increase. It would be nice to have a laptop that could run games well that didn't break the bank.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

To be honest, it will like saying that pascal titan is going to be performing as the current titan.

Seriously hope most people can see through his BS.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

3 minutes ago, Tomsen said:

And I'm here wondering how AMD can single-handed screw him? He mostlikely don't go into details, because there aren't such story. My eyes are running in tears of the sheer smell of BS he is pulling.

Don't think the mods care. To be honest, I think all they care about is having more content, even so if the content is obviously mispresented.

However, it is quite clear the system is been played.

He probably spent all his hard earned money on an FX-9590 5Ghz, then tried to overclock it and accidently set his mom on fire. It has be something serious like that for him to make any sense.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Tomsen said:

Zlatan from anandtech says the following (take with grain of salt, ofc): http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=38180442&postcount=46

There is only on Zlatan _@_

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

AMD already showed their hand, they showed polaris 11 against a GTX 950 in battlefront, most likely their competition target, and they showed polaris 10 running hitman at 60 fps 1080p ultra, which a 380X can't quite achieve.

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

This is hilarious.

Your news post states that Polaris 10 will be "Mainstream Desktop and Highend notebook"

If you look at NVIDIA's mobile products:

High end notebook: GM204

What is GM204? GTX 970 and 980...

You could call those chips mainstream, since 950/960 are low end, and 980 Ti/Titan X are high end.

you completely missing the point

it is not me or you or anyone but AMD who's calling Polaris 10 mainstream products - read the goddamn quote from their own press release .. please!

if you look back to what AMD has called mainstream, you'll find HD8600 series, R9 260X, R7 360X and so on - I even put pictures up so you'd understand what AMD considers mainstream

what are we talking about -_-

---

I have an agenda against AMD? YES! why? just look at what they're doing

I feel sorry for the level headed people who work under the utter shitheads CEOs, CFOs and whatever eggheads continuously run that company to the ground

6 minutes ago, zMeul said:

it is not me or you or anyone but AMD who's calling Polaris 10 mainstream products - read the goddamn quote from their own press release .. please!

if you look back to what AMD has called mainstream, you'll find HD8600 series, R9 260X, R7 360X and so on - I even put pictures up so you'd understand what AMD considers mainstream

what are we talking about -_-

---

I have an agenda against AMD? YES! why? just look at what they're doing

I feel sorry for the level headed people who work under the utter shitheads CEOs, CFOs and whatever eggheads continuously run that company to the ground

What they're doing? K, I'll go ask the 780 and 290 real quick.

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

if you look back to what AMD has called mainstream, you'll find HD8600 series, R9 260X, R7 360X and so on

what are we talking about

And I think "Mainstream" is being at least partially redefined, both by the market itself, and by the manufacturers.

Given that AMD only really needs 3 base chips (Plus cut down variants to fill in the gaps) to fill out their Desktop portfolio, this makes perfect sense.

Polaris 11 as the low end and Notebook chip

Polaris 10 as the mainstream chip

Vega as the high end chip

What they name it in the end? Who friggin' cares? They can call it a R7 460X for all I care, as long as the performance is where we want. If the R7 460X performs as well as a R9 390, then I would not call that a disappointment.

But of course, this is all speculation. You're speculating too, just the same as the rest of us. We're taking the information given, and trying to see where it'll come out.

Maybe Polaris 10 will be an R7 460/460x. Or maybe it'll be a R9 480x. Maybe it'll perform the same as a R9 370X. Maybe it'll match or beat a 390X.

We don't know for sure.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

But of course, this is all speculation. You're speculating too, just the same as the rest of us. We're taking the information given, and trying to see where it'll come out.

Maybe Polaris 10 will be an R7 460/460x. Or maybe it'll be a R9 480x. Maybe it'll perform the same as a R9 370X. Maybe it'll match or beat a 390X.

We don't know for sure.

yes I'm speculating, but I'm speculating based on evidence/facts AMD presented themselves and from their own history

if you recall, some months ago, AMD demoed a Polaris based video card against a GTX950 - that's the level of performance I'm expecting ...

8 minutes ago, zMeul said:

-snip-

I have an agenda against AMD? YES!

-snip-

And this is why people often don't take your news posts very seriously. You yourself admit you have an Agenda against AMD. That means, by it's very definition, that you're a biased and unobjective news reporter.

Obviously every person is biased to some degree and cannot be 100% objective, but they try not to bring personal agenda's against the subject matter into it.

5 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

And this is why people often don't take your news posts very seriously. You yourself admit you have an Agenda against AMD. That means, by it's very definition, that you're a biased and unobjective news reporter.

Obviously every person is biased to some degree and cannot be 100% objective, but they try not to bring personal agenda's against the subject matter into it.

I gave you my own interpretation because I'm obliged by the forum rules; based on the sources and facts you can make your own evaluation - that's why we post the sources here

I'm not a news reporter and never claimed otherwise

I have no intention of lying and this is why I said time and time again that I'm heavily biased against AMD and I also gave the reasoning behind it

Just now, zMeul said:

I gave you my own interpretation because I'm obliged by the forum rules; based on the sources and facts you can make your own evaluation - that's why we post the sources here

You may not be an employed journalist at a recognized media organization, but if you post news, you're a news reporter. Kinda pretty simple.

I realize that you follow the letter of the law, but I personally, in my own opinion, believe you do not follow the spirit of it. Fortunately though, I don't make the rules. I can only voice my opinion in hopes that you try to take a more objective view on reporting news in the future.

4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You may not be an employed journalist at a recognized media organization, but if you post news, you're a news reporter. Kinda pretty simple.

I realize that you follow the letter of the law, but I personally, in my own opinion, believe you do not follow the spirit of it. Fortunately though, I don't make the rules. I can only voice my opinion in hopes that you try to take a more objective view on reporting news in the future.

right, because all reporters are objective?! not that I am one ;)

how many times Linus himself and his employees have been accused of being biased for nVidia!?

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

I mean, he did never claim to be a news reporter. That being said, the article you linked made a point to bold and underline the phrase, "Used to be..." so it's still in the air of speculation of if the main stream is going to be a 460 series, or whether they're going to jump to the 480/490 segment. Seeing as they'd probably want GDDR5X at least for their upper tier cards, I'm with you on that it's reasonable that there's an okay chance that it might be a 460 and 470 card release. That being said, I don't find that unreasonable. Heck, I can see Nvidia doing the same thing with their line up, toss out the low end cards to get everyone excited, and throw out the 70s and 80s as the main attraction, once they've got enough GDDR5X stocked up.

Just now, zMeul said:

right, because all reporters are objective?! not that I am one

how many times Linus himself and his employees have been accused of being biased for nVidia!?

Indeed, you're correct. But just because someone else takes the easy path, doesn't mean you should follow suit.

Many times people accuse LMG of being NVIDIA biased out of misunderstandings or simply incorrect information - though when they do show true NVIDIA bias, plenty are there to point out their biases.

If you report the news (A reporter) you should at least strive to remove any personal biases.

28 minutes ago, Megahurt said:

AMD already showed their hand, they showed polaris 11 against a GTX 950 in battlefront, most likely their competition target, and they showed polaris 10 running hitman at 60 fps 1080p ultra, which a 380X can't quite achieve.

They showed it running at 1440p, not 1080p.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/amd-polaris-showcased-running-hitman-at-1440p-60fps-total-war-warhammer-will-support-dx12/

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

Heck, I can see Nvidia doing the same thing with their line up, toss out the low end cards to get everyone excited, and throw out the 70s and 80s as the main attraction, once they've got enough GDDR5X stocked up.

why would they do that?! it's utter idiocy

people have waited months if not year+ for the new generations of GPUs from both AMD and nVidia - what do you think they'll buy? low end graphic cards like R9 260X or the likes of 390(X) / GTX980 ?!

this is why is utter lunacy to spearhead the market with low end and mid range products - and keep in mind, AMD's finances are not in good shape as they lost money again; plus their GPU market share is getting lower

Perhaps the forum rules needs to be updated, or atleast deal with the people abusing the lack of rules.

How are we going about reporting this to mods/forum admins? Could we atleast have a discussion regarding it?

4 hours ago, zMeul said:

what mainstream means?! well .. you're not going to like it - it's about the performance level of a R9 260X or a R7 360X

I've called it! the information leaked about Polaris 10 was not encouraging at all - AMD is out of their minds if the spearhead of their new generation GPUs are low end and mid range brackets

and the performance bracket for Polaris 11 looks even worse, as it targets specifically the notebook market - meaning it's at the level of R7 240

This conclussion is clearly messed up. He could say AMD targets to replace those SKU with polaris 10, that would have been fine in my book, however saying it will have the performance of the R9 360x is obviously misrepresenting the information. It will be like saying the pascal titan will be performing as the maxwell titan X, which everyone will agree is absolut BS. But something, this goes through. 

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

why would they do that?! it's utter idiocy

people have waited months if not year+ for the new generations of GPUs from both AMD and nVidia - what do you think they'll buy? low end graphic cards like R9 260X or the likes of 390(X) / GTX980 ?!

this is why is utter lunacy to spearhead the market with low end and mid range products - and keep in mind, AMD's finances are not in good shape as they lost money again; plus their GPU market share is getting lower

I never said it was a good idea. I just said I can see them doing it. And people don't have to buy the low end shit, they can just as well wait for when they decide they can, to quote Mr.Burns:

release-the-hounds.jpg

Regardless of how much the people may want it, it's ultimately up to the companies to decide when they get their precious 490 or X70.