ZyXel GS-1524 switch

Samwell

Hiya

I'm looking for a low cost 24 port network switch and have come across the Zyxel GS 1524. What I want/need is all ports to be full gigabit and to have link aggregation support. I'd also like it to be as quite as possible but I'll probably end up modifying the cooling solution anyway so that's not a biggie. I have found this switch, used, for just under  £ 30 (this is extreme budget). As it will be used in a home environment, it will not be hit hard at any point in it's life so I'm not looking at any high end stuff. I can't find any reviews of this exact switch but from what I understand from the pages I've found on it's specs, it seems to do everything I want. What's making me a bit uneasy is the fact that I've never heard of Zyxel before and reviews for some of their products aren't the best. So does anyone have any experience with this company, or even better, this switch? I'm sure for even just a bit more money I might be able to get something quite a bit better but right now I'm not interested in that. I just want something I can plug all ma shizney into and for it to sit there and quietly work away. Suggestions for other very budget switches are welcome but at least for now, my sights are set squarely on the GS-1524.

Thanks for any help :) 

CPU: 8320, GPU: 7870 Myst, Motherboard: Asrock 970 extreme3, PSU: XFX Pro 650W, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz, Case: Zalman Z11

I'll be completely honest, I've only had bad experience with Zyxel products (likely a bad line of routers, because we tried a few from the same line and they were all crap). However, that shouldn't make you particularly uneasy as I'm only one talking head.

That's a pretty extreme budget you've got there, and if there are enough good reviews I'd go for it.

Sig under construction.

I have 4 Zyxel Powerline adaptors and I love them. Like every tech company they have good priducts and bad products. I have no experience with any of their other products.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Thanks for your input. The budget went up and I ended up getting a HP 1810-24 because it is fanless.

CPU: 8320, GPU: 7870 Myst, Motherboard: Asrock 970 extreme3, PSU: XFX Pro 650W, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz, Case: Zalman Z11