Mayflower Electronics - Industry Rep - Post Support Questions here

So a DAC + amp would replace the soundcard, rather than having one or two work together?

Thanks!

In fact the amp/DAC will mostly likely be better

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

• 2 months later...

Anymore discounts available???

I know im a little late to the party.

Anymore discounts available???

I know im a little late to the party.

We can possibly do free shipping as long as you are a regular posting member.

I know im new but i like it here. I dont see myself leaving anytime soon.

Also, whats the difference between the objective2 with ODAC and Objective2 + ODAC

Im assuming the + has it all housed in 1 box.

Ive got an newer asus motherboard with supreme FX III, DT-880 pro (250s), and im thinking i might be ok with just the AMP. 

Whats your recommendation?

I know im new but i like it here. I dont see myself leaving anytime soon.

Also, whats the difference between the objective2 with ODAC and Objective2 + ODAC

Im assuming the + has it all housed in 1 box.

Ive got an newer asus motherboard with supreme FX III, DT-880 pro (250s), and im thinking i might be ok with just the AMP. 

Whats your recommendation?

Your onboard should be fine, you probably don't need a DAC unless you have interference problems, noises, ect ect.

The difference is exactly what you said.

don't forget the steak knives :P :lol:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Your onboard should be fine, you probably don't need a DAC unless you have interference problems, noises, ect ect.

The difference is exactly what you said.

Thanks for the info.

I look forward to them being back in stock.

Tyler, have you considered offering a version of your ODAC+Amp with a top-mounted volume knob?  Use a volume knob similar to the one on the Fiio E09K, for example.  A mod like this would be perfect for people like myself who do not have very good fine motor movement in their wrists and hands.  I don't know that this would be technically possible, or if it would dramatically increase cost to the point of not being financially viable for your business.

51CQ4UUO%2BQL._SL1500_.jpg

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Tyler, have you considered offering a version of your ODAC+Amp with a top-mounted volume knob?  Use a volume knob similar to the one on the Fiio E09K, for example.  A mod like this would be perfect for people like myself who do not have very good fine motor movement in their wrists and hands.  I don't know that this would be technically possible, or if it would dramatically increase cost to the point of not being financially viable for your business.

We can't do a top mounted volume knob, but I can find an extra large one for you if that helps.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/OEJL-90-4-7/226-4095-ND/710686

It's about 8.5mm thicker than the already bigger aluminium knobs that we normally sell which are here

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?WT.z_header=search_go〈=en&site=us&keywords=226-4093-ND&x=0&y=0&formaction=on

Anything bigger, and it wouldn't sit flat (the knob would be thicker than the case).

That would be a happy medium I suppose.  I'll probably order sometime in the near future.  Would you need an advanced notice, or would that matter at all?  Maybe in two or three months.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

That would be a happy medium I suppose.  I'll probably order sometime in the near future.  Would you need an advanced notice, or would that matter at all?  Maybe in two or three months.

Shipping from that supplier only takes a few days.

Is it possible to get the nicer knob on the other amps.

I really like the look of it!!!

If im gonna have to stare at it under my monitor all night i think its worth paying an extra few bucks.

• 2 months later...

I'm just happy there is forum to house some honest opinions and vendors. There is far too much unicorn horn dust type products out there that do nothing but take your money.

Its refreshing to me to see a small company make a product from an open design, with quality parts and sell it as exactly that. Nothing else. Hand built, well designed, quality.

Hell yes. I'm going to be buying two of these (hopefully) soon. Still need to place my custom order and a discount off your already low prices would be great. Thanks Tyler.

Hell yes. I'm going to be buying two of these (hopefully) soon. Still need to place my custom order and a discount off your already low prices would be great. Thanks Tyler.

The discount is over already. xD

The discount is over already. xD

Damnit, I just read that post. Ah well.

Yeah I wanted that discount too so I messaged Mayflower and he said he couldn't do it xD

Thanks for the heads up though.