Mayflower Electronics - Industry Rep - Post Support Questions here

Just watched the new video, your products look stunning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i33wY_RQGII

Yes, they did a great job. Expect one more about the V3 headphones we are working on. 

NCIX will also be taking a look at our products. @ShearMe and @h264 will be taking a look at our headphones first so be sure to be on the lookout for those reviews in the near future.

I've heard the fostex are amazing to mod , jude over at headfi talks greatly of them.

Once you find the right combination it unlocks a monster headphone. Fantastic value for money!

Oh, I was just curious from a cost perspective: cheaper to assemble in 'Murica, and ship to 'Straya, or cheaper to send parts to 'Straya and assemble there, or cheaper to just buy straight from JDS and pay for shipping/taxes. Didn't really care about a "genuine" JDS product.

It would probably cost the same in the end for us, as labour costs to assemble would be about the same, I don't think it wouldn't matter if you were shipping a completed unit or parts the postage would be the same.

Is it possible for you guys to make a costume order for me?

Yes, would you like batman, superman or wonder woman?  :P   Damn you gotta hate auto correct!

Thank you! We've been forum hopping for a while and LTT forum seemed to fit well with the members on here.

I hop around the forums too, I decided to mainly post here because the members are more open to real information and generally don't get personal or overly narky when there is a disagreement.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Dont think I will be able to get it before 20 October but definitely will get it next year. Plus you guys are doing a really good thing.

Appreciate it heaps

This should be pinned @LinusTech @Windspeed36

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

It's alright, it would probably be dead soon after the 20th anyway.

Why?

!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

That's when the promotion will be over.

*note to self buy an o2AMP/DAC*

this would not be pinned either way.

Random question but what makes a post "qualified" to get pinned

Random question but what makes a post "qualified" to get pinned

Something unbiased and useful. 

Something unbiased and useful. 

like me, but if you put a pin in me I might get mad. :blink:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I have a question for @MayflowerElectronics

Would something like the Objective2 help or hinder an ASUS Xonar DG internal soundcard? I'm not much of an audiophile so I don't know too much about DACs and all that, but I'm learning :)

I currently use a Sennheiser PC350 headset but plan on getting a proper set of headphones in the next few months.

Thanks!

EDIT: The response to this question will influence whether or not I'll consider purchasing it :)

Edited by Vettexl

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Would something like the Objective2 help or hinder an ASUS Xonar DG internal soundcard? I'm not much of an audiophile so I don't know too much about DACs and all that, but I'm learning :)

I currently use a Sennheiser PC350 headset but plan on getting a proper set of headphones in the next few months.

Thanks!

EDIT: The response to this question will influence whether or not I'll consider purchasing it :)

A good dampening factor for headphones is usually 8 (headphone impedance / source output impedance). The Asus soundcard's amp has an output impedance of 10 ohms, and the O2's is <1 ohm. Other htan that, you probably wouldn't notice a difference, and you might even introduce other sound issues that'd make things seem worse.

TL;DR don't bother unless you want to scrap the soundcard and get a DAC as well.

A good dampening factor for headphones is usually 8 (headphone impedance / source output impedance). The Asus soundcard's amp has an output impedance of 10 ohms, and the O2's is <1 ohm. Other htan that, you probably wouldn't notice a difference, and you might even introduce other sound issues that'd make things seem worse.

TL;DR don't bother unless you want to scrap the soundcard and get a DAC as well.

So a DAC + amp would replace the soundcard, rather than having one or two work together?

Thanks!

GW2: Vettexl.9726

well the asus output impedance is 10ohm, but most amps i've seen have either 4.7k ohm or 47ohm input impedance.

going from soundcard to amp, you only have to worry about the output impedance of the amp, but with the 02 being so low, it won't be a problem.

you'd just plug the sound card line out into the amp, with no volume attenuation done at the software/soundcard level.

I would say it depends on what headphones you plan to get next, but if you are willing to spend the money, buy the o2.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Thanks!

Well from what I remember (I had that soundcard a long long time ago) it had a slightly better DAC and a small headphone amplifier. So it most cases it was maybe 10-20% better than on-board.

If you are buying a headphone under 80 ohms I would get the o2. That sound card will struggle to power anything high impedance as well. I specifically remember that the sound card didn't get loud enough for my m50's.