Mayflower Electronics - Industry Rep - Post Support Questions here

Do your headphones not get loud enough? Hissing? Popping? If not, it's probably not really much of an improvement unless you really care like me.

Using AKG K701 and there is a little bit of hissing when i play games. Kind of annoying.

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

Using AKG K701 and there is a little bit of hissing when i play games. Kind of annoying.

Those kind of headphones should definitely deserve a nice amp/dac combo, especially if you have hissing.

Those kind of headphones should definitely deserve a nice amp/dac combo, especially if you have hissing.

I got a question for you. Do you still get good positional audio with Amp/dac combo?

I got a question for you. Do you still get good positional audio with Amp/dac combo?

Yes, it will improve most likely by a large amount. 

Yes, it will improve most likely by a large amount. 

Just asking because people keep saying soundcards are the way to go for gaming "dolby"

Just asking because people keep saying soundcards are the way to go for gaming "dolby"

Virtual Surround is going to sound stupid on those nice headphones - definitely get something nicer than a soundcard.

That stuff is just a gimmick, it's used to make bad headphones sound good. All it will do is make your headphones sound worse.

I am surprised you managed to run those AKG's of on-board :o They are notorious for being very hard to drive, thus requiring an amp to do the job properly.

I plugged my Q701's into on-board last week just to see if my O2/ODAC combo had been a good investment, and within a minute I was on the edge of crying. The things wouldn't get above a level I can only describe as near silent.

| Operating Systems: Arch Linux  /  Debian Linux  /  Windows 7 | Audio: Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D + AKG Q701 |

| Display: Samsung Syncmaster P2450H | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Black | Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL Brown | Mic: Samson C03U |

| Case: Corsair 600T | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K | GPU: AMD HD7950 | Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro | PSU: Corsair TX850M |

That stuff is just a gimmick, it's used to make bad headphones sound good. All it will do is make your headphones sound worse.

Only reason i was asking if the amp/dac is good for positional audio is because i play competitive. 

I am surprised you managed to run those AKG's of on-board :o They are notorious for being very hard to drive, thus requiring an amp to do the job properly.

I plugged my Q701's into on-board last week just to see if my O2/ODAC combo had been a good investment, and within a minute I was on the edge of crying. The things wouldn't get above a level I can only describe as near silent.

Hence the reason i haven't been using them the now.

Yeah, the K701 would need an amp, it's deceptively hard to drive properly.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

I must admit this happened with my phone I bought from China. They even labelled it as 'Cellphone' and under the value they put $5, I think I would have tried to be a bit less conspicuous.

yeah the vat + import tax issue is really the only thing stopping me from buying stuff over the internet from outside EU. 

Just wondering, are you guying thinking about making headphones that have one wire instead of one going to each "cup"?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Just wondering, are you guying thinking about making headphones that have one wire instead of one going to each "cup"?

I think you are talking about the grado's here...and yes we do. We sell Modified T50RP's with a single cable.

http://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/headphones.html

The pictures needed to be updated (we have not seen our camera guy yet) but here's what they look like at a better angle.

fost_t50rp.jpg?width=1100&height=800&sca

I think you are talking about the grado's here...and yes we do. We sell Modified T50RP's with a single cable.

http://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/headphones.html

Didnt notice, thanks! :D

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Bumping this thread to the top, video will be launching soon. I also added an end date for the discount.

Bumping this thread to the top, video will be launching soon. I also added an end date for the discount.

So will the US government shut down first or will Linus post the O2 video first?  I salivate with anticipation.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

So will the US government shut down first or will Linus post the O2 video first?  I salivate with anticipation.

Maybe both at the same time? Coincidence? 

Maybe both at the same time? Coincidence? 

Or maybe Linus is the government *Dramatic music*  :o

If you run around salivating over such things then my money is on you dehydrating long before either of those two things happen.

Also, a great move on the discount for LTT members. Everybody loves a discount. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

If you run around salivating over such things then my money is on you dehydrating long before either of those two things happen.

Also, a great move on the discount for LTT members. Everybody loves a discount. 

Well, US Government shutdown and no O2 video.  Did not salivate.

Well, US Government shutdown and no O2 video. Did not salivate.

It's going to be a little while for the video, I believe they are filming today, takes a bit to edit.

Well, US Government shutdown and no O2 video.  Did not salivate.

at least you re still alive and have one thing to look forwatd to :)

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Yay helping New Yorkers!

I know, this forum is getting better and better for you, these members on this forum are awesome! Don't you agree 

;)

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

We sent some of our bread and butter products for him to review, we may do more later on. So far on this list is our objective2 amps, and our amp/DAC combo with our ODAC's.

Can't wait for those reviews.

Would shipping to Canada be considered international shipping?

Can't wait for those reviews.

Would shipping to Canada be considered international shipping?

Yes, unfortunately.