Mayflower Electronics - Industry Rep - Post Support Questions here

DISCOUNT HAS BEEN STOPPED AS OF

10/01/13

Mayflower Electronics support question and poll thread

This topic has been approved by moderators. This thread follows all guidelines and rules and is *not* an advertisement

The purpose of this thread is to be a home for any questions, comments or concerns for any products from Mayflower Electronics. We also invite you to answer our poll for a possible discount for LTT members only.

Please post any questions in this thread before creating a new thread inside the audio sub-forum. It will make it easier for us and other members to answer your questions quickly and more efficiently.

For a long time our company has been looking for a forum to call home. We have been to all major forum sites (headfi, avs, ect ect). Either problems arose when applying for an industry affiliate account, or the members were less than spectacular. To make a long story short, we love the community here at LTT and would like to give something back. We our working on a solution to give a 5% discount and free shipping (US only) and half off international shipping. Normally $25, now only $12.50. on all of our products in our store. Simply giving a coupon code won't work as anyone can use it.Here's our Idea:

:Send us a message directly towards us within the forum and we will give you instructions to receive your discount. This is the most secure way you can receive the discount.

:Send in a contact form on our website, linking your profile.

:Your profile must have 50 relevant posts within the forum. This is to protect people from creating new accounts to just get a discount.

If you think you have a better idea of how we can give back to the community, please let us know with a comment below. Either myself or other members of our community will answer your questions.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Appropriate links - 

Linus' review - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i33wY_RQGII

NXIC review (Coming soon)

NCIX review (v3 headphone) - Coming soon

Our website - http://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/

Our contact form - http://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/contact.html

Our email address - [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Discount ends 10/20/2013 -  October 20th, 2013

Hell Yea New York FTW!

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

@MayflowerElectronics you should send Linus some of your products to unbox and overview  ;)

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

@MayflowerElectronics you should send Linus some of your products to unbox and overview  ;)

We sent some of our bread and butter products for him to review, we may do more later on. So far on this list is our objective2 amps, and our amp/DAC combo with our ODAC's.

We sent some of our bread and butter products for him to review, we may do more later on. So far on this list is our objective2 amps, and our amp/DAC combo with our ODAC's.

@LinusTech :D

Oh, please do send him a sample of your products. Before I pulled the trigger on the O2/ODAC combo about three weeks ago, the thing I noticed was that there was no decent coverage of it on YouTube. Getting Linus to look at one will definitely give the thing some hard needed exposure to the mainstream market currently dominated by overpriced sound cards. The sound has been very well documented on NwAVGuy's blog, but there is no good (HD) footage of the finished product with a size comparison.

Another thing that would be nice is to show the guts of the device, this for people to see that the components are pretty large and individually replaceable in case of a failure. These features are making the O2 a very solid and fixable product, and thus a better investment than an undiagnosable sound card with tiny components that is destined to land in the trash some day.

| Operating Systems: Arch Linux  /  Debian Linux  /  Windows 7 | Audio: Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D + AKG Q701 |

| Display: Samsung Syncmaster P2450H | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Black | Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL Brown | Mic: Samson C03U |

| Case: Corsair 600T | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K | GPU: AMD HD7950 | Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro | PSU: Corsair TX850M |

Oh, please do send him a sample of your products. Before I pulled the trigger on the O2/ODAC combo about three weeks ago, the thing I noticed was that there was no decent coverage of it on YouTube. Getting Linus to look at one will definitely give the thing some hard needed exposure to the mainstream market currently dominated by overpriced sound cards. The sound has been very well documented on NwAVGuy's blog, but there is no good (HD) footage of the finished product with a size comparison.

Another thing that would be nice is to show the guts of the device, this for people to see that the components are pretty large and individually replaceable in case of a failure. These features are making the O2 a very solid and fixable product, and thus a better investment than an undiagnosable sound card with tiny components that is destined to land in the trash some day.

They actually already have the units at the house. The only reason there is not a video of it yet is as far as I know Linus is on vacation/not available to do the video.

It is one of the most rock solid circuits I've ever seen, there isn't much, if anything, to go wrong. The case is about 1/4'' thick aluminium and you can probably run it over with a truck and be fine.

Thanks for the comment!

Free shipping for US only?

4wYxv.png

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

They actually already have the units at the house. The only reason there is not a video of it yet is as far as I know Linus is on vacation/not available to do the video.

It is one of the most rock solid circuits I've ever seen, there isn't much, if anything, to go wrong. The case is about 1/4'' thick aluminium and you can probably run it over with a truck and be fine.

Thanks for the comment!

Also if Linus does a video your company will get a lot more purchases, I can bet on that 

Make it worldwide because LTT is not just USA

Maybe for the free shipping for North America? That's asking a lot but it's not like its overseas shipping. @MayflowerElectronics

Anything being shipped out of the US is expensive, Canada/Mexico are no exception.

We normally charge roughly $25 to ship international, we can probably do half off for everyone outside of the US, how would that sound?

Anything being shipped out of the US is expensive, Canada/Mexico are no exception.

We normally charge roughly $25 to ship international, we can probably do half off for everyone outside of the US, how would that sound?

That sounds perfectly reasonable. Depending on order size that would be just as good as 5%.

That sounds perfectly reasonable. Depending on order size that would be just as good as 5%.

Alright, I updated the thread. Now 5% off, with free USPS Priority shipping within the states, and 50% off usps first class international shipments.

Alright, I updated the thread. Now 5% off, with free USPS Priority shipping within the states, and 50% off usps first class international shipments.

:o

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

That would be a great deal for international people but most people are going to get hit pretty hard with import tax.

Headset

That would be a great deal for international people but most people are going to get hit pretty hard with import tax.

Realistically, nothing he can do about that.

Realistically, nothing he can do about that.

Oh no of course not, just didn't want people to get the impression that you just add international shipping to the price and that's it.

Headset

Oh no of course not, just didn't want people to get the impression that you just add international shipping to the price and that's it.

As far as I know people don't complain after the amps have been delivered. Either they don't get charged anything, or it's very little.

As far as I know people don't complain after the amps have been delivered. Either they don't get charged anything, or it's very little.

I'm not sure about elsewhere in Europe and Australia and so on but in the UK I believe it is 20% VAT on the product and shipping plus an admin fee usually. If I remember correctly if the product is over £135 an import duty is also charged.

That being said the Pound and Euro do seem to be getting stronger against the Dollar so it is less of an issue than it was last year.

Headset

the chinese ebayers are getting around the tax issue by labelling the merchandise as "gift" at the post office. 

I believe it is kind of risky for the seller if issues occur in shipping 

I'm not sure about elsewhere in Europe and Australia and so on but in the UK I believe it is 20% VAT on the product and shipping plus an admin fee usually. If I remember correctly if the product is over £135 an import duty is also charged.

That being said the Pound and Euro do seem to be getting stronger against the Dollar so it is less of an issue than it was last year.

The tax is 20% and then they charge you an administration fee for charging you said tax, but it could just slip by customs if you get lucky enough. If one is willing to take the shot, they can end up with the O2/ODAC way cheaper than buying it locally at Epiphany Acoustics. But if it actually gets checked, it will cost about as much more as you would have saved when it didn't. The thing that the O2 has going for it is that it does not look that expensive, making it a pretty low risk gamble, but a gamble nontheless.

| Operating Systems: Arch Linux  /  Debian Linux  /  Windows 7 | Audio: Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D + AKG Q701 |

| Display: Samsung Syncmaster P2450H | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Black | Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL Brown | Mic: Samson C03U |

| Case: Corsair 600T | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K | GPU: AMD HD7950 | Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro | PSU: Corsair TX850M |

the chinese ebayers are getting around the tax issue by labelling the merchandise as "gift" at the post office. 

I believe it is kind of risky for the seller if issues occur in shipping 

I must admit this happened with my phone I bought from China. They even labelled it as 'Cellphone' and under the value they put $5, I think I would have tried to be a bit less conspicuous.

Headset

Been thinking of getting the O2/ODAC due to the fact i am not sure if my on board audio is good "ALC892"

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

Been thinking of getting the O2/ODAC due to the fact i am not sure if my on board audio is good "ALC892"

Do your headphones not get loud enough? Hissing? Popping? If not, it's probably not really much of an improvement unless you really care like me.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."