How to optimize galaxy s7 battery for better battery life.

AlanAlan

What are some settings and things I can change so I can squeeze some more power out of my new s7. I have to charge it almost everyday. I am not a heavy phone user. I use my phone around 30 minutes a day. Are there any ways that I can make my s7 battery better?

You could set it to airplane mode and only use wifi. You can stop apps from running too. You could also turn of location services. Uninstall things taking up batteries.

Quote me to get a reply!

4 minutes ago, AlanAlan said:

I have to charge it almost everyday. 

I have to charge my iPhone 6s+ two to three times a day.

Its normal for you to charge a phone once or more times a day.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

you might be experiencing wakelock, check if your phone is actually sleeping in the battery stats menu. Wakelock drains battery crazily. Then its simply a matter of finding which app is causing wakelock and uninstalling it. 

16 minutes ago, themctipers said:

My Galaxy S5 can last a day without charging with 50% brightness and 4g lte data on. 

21 minutes ago, Boobies Sprinkle said:

My Galaxy S5 can last a day without charging with 50% brightness and 4g lte data on. 

I use 100% brightness with YouTube at -120 Dbm LTE data on and AC wifi. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

8 hours ago, themctipers said:

I use 100% brightness with YouTube at -120 Dbm LTE data on and AC wifi. 

8 hours ago, Boobies Sprinkle said:

8 hours ago, tahmidkhan123 said:

you might be experiencing wakelock, check if your phone is actually sleeping in the battery stats menu. Wakelock drains battery crazily. Then its simply a matter of finding which app is causing wakelock and uninstalling it. 

8 hours ago, themctipers said:

Is there any settings I can turn off to save battery. My new s7 battery runs like a old phone battery. It doesnt seem to last as long as 3000mah

30 Minutes a day? wtf? It should alst 2-3 days EASY.

You probably have some battery drains.

Deactivate "search for nearest devices", smart screen, and stuff like that. And always on screen. It also drains quite some battery.

Also one Advice: Charge it Full, then unplugg it, and let it just lay around. Don't use airplane mode, don't deactivate your WLAN, or Sync.

Just laying around in standby, it should be at around 0,3 - 0,8 % Battery Drain per Hour.

If you have a LOT more, something is wrong.

Try resetting it, and don't install many apps yet. Maybe one of your apps drains it

2 hours ago, Darkseth said:

30 Minutes a day? wtf? It should alst 2-3 days EASY.

You probably have some battery drains.

Deactivate "search for nearest devices", smart screen, and stuff like that. And always on screen. It also drains quite some battery.

Also one Advice: Charge it Full, then unplugg it, and let it just lay around. Don't use airplane mode, don't deactivate your WLAN, or Sync.

Just laying around in standby, it should be at around 0,3 - 0,8 % Battery Drain per Hour.

If you have a LOT more, something is wrong.

Try resetting it, and don't install many apps yet. Maybe one of your apps drains it

I really dont use my phone much but battery life seem really bad for me

2 hours ago, AlanAlan said:

I really dont use my phone much but battery life seem really bad for me

When i first got my nexus 6p, i was also less than impressed by my battery perfomance - 3450mah battery, but it turned out to be a few apps constantly refreshing in the background and causing wakelock. A factory reset made it significantly better and i can use it for 2 days on 1 charge (i always have wifi turned on, bluetooth paired to my moto 360 etc.)