So, i had to reapply thermal paste to my CPU (pea size) because i thought in did it wrong the first. I have a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo with Arctic Silver 5 (I5 4590). When i did it, it was doing good. Idle temp was around 30 degrees C. Now when im checking, its goes to like 37-41 degrees Celsius. I checked in Bios, Real Temp, etc. I just cleaned my pc and made sure it was tight. Whats wrong?! 

Your room could have been hotter. Your PC could be at some amount of load. Heat soak in your computer. It could be a number of things, I would actually try check the thermal paste, because that does seem odd.

Quote me to get a reply!

Was it after you re-applied your paste that you noticed higher temperatures, or did this happen over time after your first installation?  When you were getting almost 30c, was this happening in both bios and software, and did you see what your fan speeds were?  

Upper 30s isn't necessarily bad if your fan is off, it's suppose to kick in beyond a certain temp.  It's honestly more reliable to check your load temps than your idle.  See what happens on load - especially look for the difference on core temps when you're loading them equally.  And as the person above said, ambient temp could affect your idles too, but loads are what really matter honestly.

There seems to be NOTHING wrong > The installed and usable difference`s in pre load test`s will show a difference . At least that was what I esper. And that isnt that much of a jump in temps to worry about ! Now if it jumps to say 50 - 60 just as long as you havent changed the GPU or added another app to run background services you shouldnt be worried ! This thing runs a constant 50-65 with running CAD . so if you are just gaming and dont have CAD installed , you will be just fine ! I had to upgrade CPU and drive`s to just keep up with CAD ! I have thought of getting a GPU but, I dont think it would help !!! Although I am Really thinking that i just might try it ! I am putting a system together that is STRICKLY gaming !!! Loooking forward to it ! GOOD LUCK 

17 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

Was it after you re-applied your paste that you noticed higher temperatures, or did this happen over time after your first installation?  When you were getting almost 30c, was this happening in both bios and software, and did you see what your fan speeds were?  

Upper 30s isn't necessarily bad if your fan is off, it's suppose to kick in beyond a certain temp.  It's honestly more reliable to check your load temps than your idle.  See what happens on load - especially look for the difference on core temps when you're loading them equally.  And as the person above said, ambient temp could affect your idles too, but loads are what really matter honestly.

This happened like a month after i REAPPLIED the thermal paste

18 minutes ago, mrconmasterx7 said:

This happened like a month after i REAPPLIED the thermal paste

It could definitely be that your room got warmer then - not sure where you live but I know it's gotten warmer where I am over the last couple of weeks.

You could try re-applying your paste, but truthfully, your idles aren't bad, and I don't think your temps will improve a lot.  I think your load temperatures will say more about your mounting/thermal paste job.  Check your individual core temps for a massive difference during load.  If everything checks out (your cpu doesn't throttle), and you still want lower temps, then just consider getting more fans for your case.