Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlphaGamer46

Samsung Galaxy S II Removing Default Internet App

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi.

 

I got my dad's old Galaxy S2 and I'm customising it to be how I like it. I'm stuck at trying to remove the stock Internet app from the dock and replacing it with Google Chrome. The phone runs Android 4.1.2 with TouchWiz skinned on it.

 

I just want to get rid of the stupid internet app so I can put Google Chrome there.

 

I am willing to root the phone, I would like to not have to do it though.

 

Thanks, Alpha.


2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do you want to remove the stock browser? You can just install Chrome over it and set it as default. Also removing system apps will require root. Which requires a bootloader unlock most of the time, which will wipe you data.  I would also flash an updated ROM if you do decide to unlock the bootloader.


Quote me to get a reply!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, nsyedhasan said:

Why do you want to remove the stock browser? You can just install Chrome over it and set it as default. Also removing system apps will require root. Which requires a bootloader unlock most of the time, which will wipe you data.  I would also flash an updated ROM if you do decide to unlock the bootloader.

Okay, how do I set it as default?


2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AlphaGamer46 said:

Okay, how do I set it as default?

It is nice and simple, install it from the playstore/APK and then when you click a link it will ask what browser you want to use, and just select chrome and shit always. 

Also if you want a performance boost and update custom ROM is the way to go, you can get to Marshmallow which would be a huge jump.


Quote me to get a reply!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, nsyedhasan said:

It is nice and simple, install it from the playstore/APK and then when you click a link it will ask what browser you want to use, and just select chrome and shit always. 

Also if you want a performance boost and update custom ROM is the way to go, you can get to Marshmallow which would be a huge jump.

Okay man, thanks. Will possibly look at custom ROMs, it's just I'm lazy and for what I use the phone for, it'll be fine.


2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlphaGamer46 said:

Okay man, thanks. Will possibly look at custom ROMs, it's just I'm lazy and for what I use the phone for, it'll be fine.

Yeah, I definitely understand what you are saying.


Quote me to get a reply!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×