HDD for laptop

EnTITy

My hard drive for my laptop just died recently and im looking for a replacement. dont need anything fancy just something functional and longlasting hdd. anywhere from 250-500gb.

I'd recommend an SSD. More expensive, but your laptop will be much snappier

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

8 minutes ago, nsyedhasan said:

Would definitely recommend getting a 240GB SSD, they are getting pretty cheap at this point. You will be losing size but will gain speed.

yeah im aware ssd would be much better, but its just for and old laptop, and looking for an hdd for around 20-40 bucks

2 minutes ago, EnTITy said:

yeah im aware ssd would be much better, but its just for and old laptop, and looking for an hdd for around 20-40 bucks

If you are in the US you can grab 128GB SSD for about 40$ but you need more space you can buy the highest capacity 7mm drive.

Quote me to get a reply!

Just now, nsyedhasan said:

If you are in the US you can grab 128GB SSD for about 40$ but you need more space you can buy the highest capacity 7mm drive.

anywhere i can buy it from. im in the US but i couldnt find good deals on amazon

9 hours ago, EnTITy said:

~snip~

Hey there :)

What will the laptop be used for? How much storage space you'd need? 

Since you are going for a smaller budget HDD and prefer not to invest in a smaller SSD, I could suggest checking out WD Blue as it works pretty well, is designed specifically for budget builds and storage and can handle pretty much everything you need it for.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/