Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raendeu

Bought AMD 295x2? Well you're screwed. At least I am screwed.

since they still work I'd just get a block and watercool them, unlucky about this situation scan can be total assholes sometimes.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Posted · Original PosterOP

Alright guys.

So I have been contacted today by the Customer Service, and we have reached an agreement on this situation.

I will not mention names, but a person from Customer Services has saw my post, and found a new MSI 295x2 - They will send it to me immediately and apologized for all the problems.

I am dissatisfied that I had to do that to reach results, and I will not question how you can just "miss" that you have a new MSI 295x2 in Stock, but well. I will confirm whether it has been refurbished or new with MSI, but as long as it works - I'm happy.

So Tips to anyone that is in situation like me:

I did not want to absolutely shit on their reputation, but they forced my hand with this one. (The Returns Department)

Point is, that it made more work for the Customer Service department, because they had to save the reputation.

If anyone is in a situation like me, contact first and foremost the Customer Services department / Complaints department, and go from there. I believed that since I asked for a Manager on E-mails, and specifically discussed options - and there was no 295x2... Well, you guys forced my hand. Why even contact Customer Services?

Regardless the problem is solved. They provided me with an equivalent, which is exactly what I wanted.

They will replace my GPU with a brand new MSI 295x2, so I would like to ask the moderator to close this thread in good will, no need to shit on Scan, after all it was just a guy in returns department being an a**hat, and not the Scan in its entirety. But well, life is life.

1 hour ago, raendeu said:

SNIP

Glad it all worked out, as with all businesses they are often let down by some idiot

happy you got it resolved :)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop 1 Alienware M18x Red - 18.4" 1080p i7 3610qm CF 7970m samsung evo 250gb, raid 0 2x 500gb harddrive, killer nic n1103, 8gb ram, Nebula Red Laptop 2 Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Laptop 3 M11x Celeron SU7300 + 512mb 335m, 8gb Ram Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, iPad 4 32gb, iPhone 6 128gb Space Grey, Sony A7

Glad to see this didn't have to fall legal action. ^_^

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Nice to hear this worked out for you, and this isn't the first time that I've heard about shocking service from Scan. Things like this make me stay away from them.

and we will live such tragedy in perpetuity.