Bought AMD 295x2? Well you're screwed. At least I am screwed.

raendeu

This is a story of how Scan UK returns department absolutely screwed me over.
If you have a High End card and something is wrong with it, you're screwed too.

TL;DR:

208£ refund after one year for a GPU worth 780-1100£ (Click on it) on the market - or a replacement for a GPU with 55% performance of the original one.

Refusal of repair. (Yes they can repair it, it's a water pump failure, which they confirmed.)

"Unfortunately we can't get this graphics card repaired the only option is replace it with the graphics card already offered or process the market value refund."

I am a hostage of the Returns Department at Scan.
My voice as a Customer doesn't even matter. You either take this worse card, or 1/4 of the card's worth...

Or you know what? Doesn't even matter what you think - We will just give you that 208£ because you do not agree with us.

"As we can't come to a resolution we are processing the refund of £208.14+vat and the funds will be in your account within the next 3-5 working days."

So, long story.

I have returned a FAULTY graphics card after one year. [Water Pump Failure] (2 Year Warranty)
Since the card is no longer in production, (R9 295x2) I expected a replacement of similar performance or value. (Current Market Value - approx. 800£, it's basically 2x 290X on one PCB, or 1.6x of one 980Ti.)

Neither of those has occurred. The reutrns department offered me 208£ for a card worth 780-1100£ on the market or a replacement for a graphics card that doesn't NEARLY come to the performance of 295x2. (One 390X worth 330£.)
I asked for repair of the card - refused. "We will not repair the card."

To add an insult to an injury, I have requested to not go any further until I seek legal advice (Can they do that? What should I do if we are in this patte situation?), and have thought of proceeding further on Manufacturer's warranty - which is still on (2 years.) - HOWEVER SCAN HAS DECIDED TO REFUND ME 208£ AND CLOSED THE RMA.

"As we can't come to a resolution we are processing the refund of £208.14+vat"
So where is my graphics card now Scan? You have literally stolen my GPU, and decide what to do despite my specific disapproval of this refund amount and request to **hold** until I contact how can we decently solve this situation.

I have specifically said, NOT TO PROCEED, until I have contacted a solicitor on the matter.
What a BRILLIANT customer service. Do one thing, that customer has specifically said NOT TO DO. I declined a refund of 208£, as the card is currently worth MUCH MORE THAN THAT (Again, 780£ is the cheapest i found.), and is WAY BETTER than what has been offered.

Better yet, I have asked for REPAIR which IS POSSIBLE (Water Pump exchange) and Scan has refused to do that, without giving me the possibility to discuss such matter with the Manufacturer. (XFX)

But wait!
There's more!

I have decided to negotiate with Scan - Okay, I am willing to take a GPU that is BETTER than what you offer, (Still worse than my original one) - and I will BUY a SECOND one, so you can keep a net profit and it will be an upgrade for me, as well as business for you. (I asked for one 980 Ti - and I will buy a second one.)

Sounds great right? - You win for a happy customer, and you still get to profit as I will buy another one. It would be an upgrade for me, and an RMA for you.

"Sorry but we can only offer LN65147 or process the refund."

One E-mail later saying - Please hold, I will contact you shortly.

"Current status of your RMA: Credit Authorisation

We can confirm that a refund has been authorised for your returned goods which will be processed by our Accounts Department shortly."

For 208£.

For a GPU better than one Titan X...

Customer Service? What's that.

That really sucks. In the US we would just RMA with the manufacturer since there's like a 3 year warranty on enthusiast cards. It's definitely not worth 1000 pounds though, but worth way more than 200. Depending on how much it's worth to you or how much trouble you are willing to go through, you could custom cool it yourself. Good luck. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

5 minutes ago, afyeung said:

That really sucks. In the US we would just RMA with the manufacturer since there's like a 3 year warranty on enthusiast cards. It's definitely not worth 1000 pounds though, but worth way more than 200. Depending on how much it's worth to you or how much trouble you are willing to go through, you could custom cool it yourself. Good luck. 

That's the thing, I have 2 year manufacturer warranty. The card only was in my possession for a year (From new.)
But they just went through with refund, without giving me an option to say anything on this.

Other thing is, I found it cheapest for 780£ on PCPartPicker. (Sapphire though, not XFX) Which is why I said 780-1100£.

If you think about it, it has a performance of 2x 290X, which is better than a single Titan X and 980 Ti. (800£ and 500£)

So I should AT LEAST receive one 980Ti, I would be satisfied with that. It's actually what I offered, - I told them that I can accept one 980 Ti for a refund - and I WILL BUY FROM THEM another one just to get an SLI Setup.

But nope, you can get one rehashed 290X apparently, worth 320£, or go stuff yourself with 208£ which you cannot even buy one 970 for.

Hmm Interesting.. I have the owner of Scan on facebook... might point him towards this thread

You should visit the store and go and speak in person to explain - could be a good idea

if not speak to an obundsman

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

4 minutes ago, DEcobra11 said:

Go to a costumer organization (if there's one in the UK) or fill a complait, that doesn't seem right...

More like scam.co.uk kek

yup, you mean something like "consumentenbond" (dutch consumer watchdog that went after samsung for some shady stuff they did)?

http://www.consumentenbond.nl/

5 minutes ago, raendeu said:

To be fair it's an EOL product and not too many were made. Obviously the store is short selling you by a ton but its actual value is really iffy. A brand new 980Ti is worth significantly more than a 295x2 if you want to sell it on r/hardware swap or something. Not that the 295x2 is less powerful than the 980ti, but the 980ti is just a newer more refined product really. I think 2 390s would be good compensation. They should give you used stock if they have any, that might make your offer more appealing. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

https://www.scan.co.uk/terms.aspx

f) Guarantees and after sales service

• We guarantee that the goods will correspond with the stated description and specification.
  • We guarantee that the goods will be of satisfactory quality when delivered by our carrier.
  • We operate a voluntary code which appears below for the return of goods which have failed to meet your expectations.
  • Subject to you complying with the voluntary code for the return of goods we guarantee that the goods will remain of satisfactory quality in normal use for 3 months following delivery and will refund the cost of the goods or credit the cost of the goods or replace the goods in accordance with timescale for return of the goods set out in the voluntary code.
  • The terms of any manufacturer�s guarantee and after sales service will be included within the documents accompanying the goods.
  • We are willing to provide advice to you in accordance with the conditions below.

Is this 2 year warranty the manufacturer's warranty? Because from their terms (and as far as I can understand), Scan is only personally responsible for refunding or replacing the item in full for a 3 month period.

After that, it's upto the manufacturer to honor their 2 year warranty. :|

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

5 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Is this 2 year warranty the manufacturer's warranty? Because from their terms (and as far as I can understand), Scan is only personally responsible for refunding or replacing the item in full for a 3 month period.

in the UK the retail store often carries out an RMA on behalf of the customer and we can genrally go back to the retailer any time within the manufacturers warranty period

but yes contacting the manufacturer is a good idea

however after 3 months you have to PROVE it was faulty and not damaged through neglect or misuse

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

25 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Is this 2 year warranty the manufacturer's warranty? Because from their terms (and as far as I can understand), Scan is only personally responsible for refunding or replacing the item in full for 3 months.

Things aren't as 'wild west' here in the EU. While the seller does have the right to set conditions for the services they provide, they do not have the right to counteract any laws with them. As per EU directive 83/2011, they have the obligation to correct any faults or mistakes they cause of make. Even if they present themselves after any arbitrary warranty periods. In consumer electronics, broken/malfunctioning products (that aren't caused by misuse or wear and tear) are considered to fall under these rulings for at least four years. As per the same directive, it's the seller that's responsible, not the importer and not the manufacturer. This is the reason EU citizens are directed to the seller first. 

While this obligation to correct faults is technically not a warranty, in layman's terms it's considered to be one. To simplify, there is no such thing as a warranty that's shorter than two years in EU for consumer electronics.

I must admit, while I'm familiar with the directive and Finland's application of it, it's still a directive. EU directives don't overrule national laws. They only require the national laws to be amended to comply with the directives. I can't say if UK has followed through. It's been five years, so I'm assuming but I'm by no means sure.

OP: get in contact with the lawyer you mentioned. The matter is not done. 

Get in contact with a lawyer and set up a court date, have the court send a letter to Scan UK. In practice, you should cease any and all contact with Scan UK outside of the court room. The way they have treated you, makes them extremely unreliable. Don't believe a word they say, and only accept court written orders as compensation.

You should also contact XFX with this. While they probably won't be able to do much, i'm sure they would appreciate information regarding how horrible Scan UK treats their customers.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

51 minutes ago, afyeung said:

To be fair it's an EOL product and not too many were made. Obviously the store is short selling you by a ton but its actual value is really iffy. A brand new 980Ti is worth significantly more than a 295x2 if you want to sell it on r/hardware swap or something. Not that the 295x2 is less powerful than the 980ti, but the 980ti is just a newer more refined product really. I think 2 390s would be good compensation. They should give you used stock if they have any, that might make your offer more appealing. 

Point taken. Allow me to challenge that.
For a second let's forget market value, potential upgrades, generations and everything.

Let's talk Performance.
perfrel_3840.gif

So I understand your point that people do not want to pay more for 295x2 - Because that's all it can achieve. You can SLI another 980 Ti - but 295x2 is already a Crossfire card by having 2x Hawaii GPU's on one PCB.

The problem is, as you can see, 295x2 has better 4K Performance. And that's what I need.

I have a 32' 4K Panel.
What else can you offer to balance the scales out? This card was the sweetspot, and because 980 Ti is based more on the future upgrade than the current performance today, I was okay with having RMA one of them, and keep the business with them and buy another one. That's an upgrade for me, business for them.

I have offered this to the person in the E-mail - I am willing to replace the 295x2 for one 980 Ti, and I will buy another one from you. Which gives them a profit of me upgrading my setup, as well as having a good RMA experience. But that's still a cost of 560£ for me, to get a bit better over my previous 4K experience.

I'd understand two 390X's. That would be an actual replacement of 295x2. Still a bit shitty, because it takes more space and I'd have to battle heat differently, but it's basically rehashed 290X - Which is what the the two 290X GPUs inside 295x2 are. 

However, one 390X not only offers 78% (Again, rehashed 290X - Look up chart above) but it's worth less than I paid for 295x2 originally - and MASSIVELY less than the "Current market Value".

So,
Back to the market value then:
295x2

1100£ Amazon.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-295X2-Graphics-GDDR5-Mini-DPx/dp/B00JMI5HPO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461177784&sr=8-1&keywords=295x2

790£ Amazon (NOT WATERCOOLED. So Worse cooling solution.)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/AXR9-290XII-8GBD5-Graphics-DisplayPort/dp/B00LAX3WJC?ie=UTF8&tag=pcp0f-21

980 Ti
518£
http://www.morecomputers.com/product.aspx?pn=GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD&man=Gigabyte&referer=PCPart

So,
Better performance from a single card (295x2)
Bigger value on the market (295x2)

I would not be winning in this situation by accepting 980 Ti, because I would have to spend another 518£ on an upgrade to get decent 4K performance that I had with 295x2.

11 minutes ago, MMKing said:

Get in contact with a lawyer and set up a court date, have the court send a letter to Scan UK. In practice, you should cease any and all contact with Scan UK outside of the court room. The way they have treated you, makes them extremely unreliable. Don't believe a word they say, and only accept court written orders as compensation.

You should also contact XFX with this. While they probably won't be able to do much, i'm sure they would appreciate information regarding how horrible Scan UK treats their customers.

I will contact the manager tomorrow, and see what the owner of Scan says if @ShadowCaptain can contact him for me. I would be really grateful mate.

I do not want to go full on Panama Papers on them. I just want my graphics card fixed.

Your card is not going to be fixed.  That much is obvious.  At this point the only real question is can you get better compensation for your loss.

And, afraid to say, but I'm skeptical you will. 

17 minutes ago, raendeu said:

I will contact the manager tomorrow, and see what the owner of Scan says if @ShadowCaptain can contact him for me. I would be really grateful mate.

I do not want to go full on Panama Papers on them. I just want my graphics card fixed.

A court regarding this matter will be a meeting between you, your legal representative and Scan's representative and/or their legal representative. It may be that Scan's representative is also their legal representative. There will also be a judge present. If the evidence is solid, such a proceeding will take less than two hours, and it's very unlikely that Scan will agree to a court meeting. The likely outcome, after acknowledging that you are serious about the matter, is a meeting without a judge were both parties agree to settle the matter. In which case Scan will most likely accept some token blame, you accept some token blame and they pay you a one time sum. The downside of a legal settlement is the fact that getting Scan to pay for your legal fees is gonna be very hard, whereas a judge may order Scan to pay if the evidence is overwhelming.

In the event of a legal settlement, Scan may ask you to not spread evidence and/or speak of the incident. So i would advise you to not spread evidence of Scan's behavior until you have spoken with your legal adviser.

There is also a possibility that Scan offers you a full refund at the mere prospect of legal involvement.

You should of course speak with a lawyer, i personally only have a full year single class law study in Norway. So my expertise is limited, i certainly would not demand money for my services at this point. In addition, my field of study incorporates economy and business, so the law study is split into several parts. The purchase of goods between a professional seller and a private customer, was only a small part.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

1 hour ago, ShadowCaptain said:

in the UK the retail store often carries out an RMA on behalf of the customer and we can genrally go back to the retailer any time within the manufacturers warranty period

but yes contacting the manufacturer is a good idea

however after 3 months you have to PROVE it was faulty and not damaged through neglect or misuse

Scan doesn't do shit for RMAs...I had to contact creative for my RMA of my soundblaster omni (this was less than a month ago) and creative was very very helpful although sometimes it took them more than 48 hours to respond...while scan just told me "they only support this product for one year"...erm I'm sorry, RMAs are meant to go through the retailer which I bought it from...oh well, at lease I have my RMAed omni back from creative after 2 weeks of initiating the RMA...creative and fiercePC (the only other retailer I've done RMAs with and had no problems), you have my business :D 

Finally, the retailer is meant to inspect the item if you're RMAing with them then they are supposed to return the item to the manufacturer and either give you a full refund or a appropriate replacement of similar value of original price...or that's what I've learnt it to be...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 hour ago, raendeu said:

This is a story of how Scan UK returns department absolutely screwed me over.
If you have a High End card and something is wrong with it, you're screwed too.

TL;DR:

208£ refund after one year for a GPU worth 780-1100£ (Click on it) on the market - or a replacement for a GPU with 55% performance of the original one.

Refusal of repair. (Yes they can repair it, it's a water pump failure, which they confirmed.)

I am a hostage of the Returns Department at Scan.
My voice as a Customer doesn't even matter. You either take this worse card, or 1/4 of the card's worth...

Or you know what? Doesn't even matter what you think - We will just give you that 208£ because you do not agree with us.

So, long story.

I have returned a FAULTY graphics card after one year. [Water Pump Failure] (2 Year Warranty)
Since the card is no longer in production, (R9 295x2) I expected a replacement of similar performance or value. (Current Market Value - approx. 800£, it's basically 2x 290X on one PCB, or 1.6x of one 980Ti.)

Neither of those has occurred. The reutrns department offered me 208£ for a card worth 780-1100£ on the market or a replacement for a graphics card that doesn't NEARLY come to the performance of 295x2. (One 390X worth 330£.)
I asked for repair of the card - refused. "We will not repair the card."

To add an insult to an injury, I have requested to not go any further until I seek legal advice (Can they do that? What should I do if we are in this patte situation?), and have thought of proceeding further on Manufacturer's warranty - which is still on (2 years.) - HOWEVER SCAN HAS DECIDED TO REFUND ME 208£ AND CLOSED THE RMA.

"As we can't come to a resolution we are processing the refund of £208.14+vat"
So where is my graphics card now Scan? You have literally stolen my GPU, and decide what to do despite my specific disapproval of this refund amount and request to **hold** until I contact how can we decently solve this situation.

I have specifically said, NOT TO PROCEED, until I have contacted a solicitor on the matter.
What a BRILLIANT customer service. Do one thing, that customer has specifically said NOT TO DO. I declined a refund of 208£, as the card is currently worth MUCH MORE THAN THAT (Again, 780£ is the cheapest i found.), and is WAY BETTER than what has been offered.

Better yet, I have asked for REPAIR which IS POSSIBLE (Water Pump exchange) and Scan has refused to do that, without giving me the possibility to discuss such matter with the Manufacturer. (XFX)

But wait!
There's more!

I have decided to negotiate with Scan - Okay, I am willing to take a GPU that is BETTER than what you offer, (Still worse than my original one) - and I will BUY a SECOND one, so you can keep a net profit and it will be an upgrade for me, as well as business for you. (I asked for one 980 Ti - and I will buy a second one.)

Sounds great right? - You win for a happy customer, and you still get to profit as I will buy another one. It would be an upgrade for me, and an RMA for you.

One E-mail later saying - Please hold, I will contact you shortly.

For 208£.

For a GPU better than one Titan X...

Customer Service? What's that.

You should contact xfx and let them know how the place you bought the card treats their customers they wont be very happy for sure.

You could buy a alpahcool water block to cool the card on a custom loop

24 minutes ago, Schony125 said:

You should contact xfx and let them know how the place you bought the card treats their customers they wont be very happy for sure.

You could buy a alpahcool water block to cool the card on a custom loop

Yeah, I'd just tell them to send me the fucking card back and do a custom loop.

2 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

but please at least send a short email to xfx to notify them about the situation.

alphacool saved my but with 2 asus 390 strix xD

14 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Custom loop? You can just buy a new AIO and attach that, can't you? Go 240mm instead, too!

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

3 minutes ago, Suika said:

Custom loop? You can just buy a new AIO and attach that, can't you?

Not quite, maybe 2 AIO's if you can fit them onto the included block/block holder.

AMD-Intros-Radeon-R9-295-X2-Graphics-Car

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

I vote for suing their asses off!!! >:c

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,5MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Zen-II-X6-3600+ (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9893pts | R23 score SC: 1248pts @4.2GHz

R23 score MC: 10151pts | R23 score SC: 1287pts @4.3GHz

R20 score MC: 3688cb | R20 score SC: 489cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2607MHz (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro

since they still work I'd just get a block and watercool them, unlucky about this situation scan can be total assholes sometimes.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Alright guys.

So I have been contacted today by the Customer Service, and we have reached an agreement on this situation.

I will not mention names, but a person from Customer Services has saw my post, and found a new MSI 295x2 - They will send it to me immediately and apologized for all the problems.

I am dissatisfied that I had to do that to reach results, and I will not question how you can just "miss" that you have a new MSI 295x2 in Stock, but well. I will confirm whether it has been refurbished or new with MSI, but as long as it works - I'm happy.

So Tips to anyone that is in situation like me:

I did not want to absolutely shit on their reputation, but they forced my hand with this one. (The Returns Department)

Point is, that it made more work for the Customer Service department, because they had to save the reputation.

If anyone is in a situation like me, contact first and foremost the Customer Services department / Complaints department, and go from there. I believed that since I asked for a Manager on E-mails, and specifically discussed options - and there was no 295x2... Well, you guys forced my hand. Why even contact Customer Services?

Regardless the problem is solved. They provided me with an equivalent, which is exactly what I wanted.

They will replace my GPU with a brand new MSI 295x2, so I would like to ask the moderator to close this thread in good will, no need to shit on Scan, after all it was just a guy in returns department being an a**hat, and not the Scan in its entirety. But well, life is life.