NerdSports - Vessel Exclusive Series

On a related note, I really wish that this was an LMG property and Linus was a liar because then @nicklmg would have had the second episode online hours ago! xD

Get your act together Vessel, some people spam the refresh button on their browsers at midnight!

-KuJoe

I feel the community in general, including myself, wouldn't mind if this was brought to youtube a week after it airs on vessel.  I'm not sure what point exclusivity is supposed to make. All of the other content is on both. If vessel sponsored the video, why not just feature them the same as with dbrand in scrapyard wars?

I don't post very often. But as a viewer, this is a direction I don't want LMG to go in.  Please keep your content available to all of us.

18 minutes ago, RhinoMcD said:

I feel the community in general, including myself, wouldn't mind if this was brought to youtube a week after it airs on vessel.  I'm not sure what point exclusivity is supposed to make. All of the other content is on both. If vessel sponsored the video, why not just feature them the same as with dbrand in scrapyard wars?

I don't post very often. But as a viewer, this is a direction I don't want LMG to go in.  Please keep your content available to all of us.

This is different

they did not "sponsor" a video, they completely bought the content

If they had not gotten paid they would not have made this at all

LMG is a media company and they make content when people pay them to do so

This isn't new

I dont see why people are getting all upset about it now

If you want to have your own exclusive content then you can pay them a few thousand dollars or whatever it costs and have them make you a video

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Wouldn't mind paying the $20 a year if I actually got something for it, LTT are the first ones to do something 100% exclusive that I watch. $20 divided by 5 videos = $4 per video, noty - if I was desperate I could probably find someone on a different site who reuploaded it...

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

7 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Yup, because nobody seems to understand(or want to understand) that it's not really LMG's content, it's Vessel's.

I see NerdSports as a TV show, when a network pays to have a series made, it would be ridiculous to allow a different network to have access to that content without an expensive licensing deal.

The funny thing to me is that WAY more people seem to be fine with people on YouTube and other "free" platforms doing TV-exclusives (eg. a channel like DudePerfect), whereas this is somehow heretical. Something like Vessel is WAY MORE accessible than a show on network TV will ever be, both locally and globally.

10 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

The funny thing to me is that WAY more people seem to be fine with people on YouTube and other "free" platforms doing TV-exclusives (eg. a channel like DudePerfect), whereas this is somehow heretical. Something like Vessel is WAY MORE accessible than a show on network TV will ever be, both locally and globally.

This is very true. I'm not sure why all this hate and controversy is going on: it was made possible by Vessel therefore it's only right that Vessel should be the one to air it.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

On 4/20/2016 at 8:51 AM, Ridska said:

At this point , Nothing good is going through the Youtube pipe of LTT.

The good stuff is over in vessel.

...except literally everything else they've been doing until now. You are getting all the content you were getting before on youtube.

On 4/20/2016 at 8:59 AM, Rune said:

I feel bad for you guys. The amount of crap you get over this will be ridiculous. I don't have a vessel account but I'm supportive of trying to branch out a bit (even if I really miss build logs :P)

Yeah, it's ridiculous and a little disgusting to watch. There is no difference in the content that gets put out on youtube, but people STILL feel entitled to get any future intellectual property of LMG for free. To be honest, if some of these people leave the channel it will probably be for the better for the community.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

13 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Fully agree on that, but people don't like "new things" or having to go to a different site, had NerdSports been behind a Youtube Paywall like Youtube Red(not available in Canada... Way to go, Google) it might not have receive as much negativity. It's kind of similar to how some people say they won't buy a game if it doesn't come out on Steam, no matter how good that game is.
But, even if it was on Youtube Red, they would still complain because when LMG launched the New Office fundraising, it was said that LMG's "current" content would never be put behind a paywall... Some people saw this as everything LMG will ever produce, regardless of who fund what, which is ridiculous.
Has Linus ever addressed this issue in a video(except maybe WAN Show) to try and calm this misunderstanding?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, nicklmg said:

It's kinda painfully obvious the biggest problem people have isn't that you have an exclusive show... Come on now, you know that. 

There's literally been thousands of comments on how "you broke your word"  Be it technically correct or not. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

Has Linus ever addressed this issue in a video(except maybe WAN Show) to try and calm this misunderstanding?

He's addressed it on the forum. Honestly if he even tried I think it would just add more fuel to the fire rather than help. Like you said, people don't like change, especially a change in their opinion. They took what was said in the launch video in the way that they wanted to take it - we've tried explaining it as it was intended, and they just blindly say that we're liars, breaking our word, etc. See comment below lol.

41 minutes ago, Jobbe03 said:

It's kinda painfully obvious the biggest problem people have isn't that you have an exclusive show... Come on now, you know that. 

There's literally been thousands of comments on how "you broke your word"  Be it technically correct or not. 

How can an argument that isn't technically correct hold any weight? We're a production company. We produce videos. That is our business model. Sometimes those videos are created for our own properties, for our own release, and sometimes they are created for brands for their release.

We have created content for entities outside of LMG for YEARS. Long before we ever joined Vessel.

So much butt hurt about this Vessel exclusive...

Vessels needs more paid subs to keep operating, and LTT viewers were probably their biggest group until the free year expired.  Vessel paid LMG to make exclusive content.  Get over it!  Your support of LTT does not give you unlimited free access to everything they produce.

I actually preferred watching LTT on Vessel.  But after the free year expired I just didn't see a reason to pay $3/month to only watch LTT vids.  There just isn't much else on Vessel that I am interested in.  I would pay if it were LTT + a dozen other outstanding channels.

It takes time to build up enough content, we get it.  But if Vessel couldn't do it in the past 12 months, can they do it in another 12 months?

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

9 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

You're right. LMG used this aid from Vessel to make this, it wouldn't be possible without them. Consequently it makes sense that Vessel should be the one to air it exclusively.

Which would people rather: this content being exclusive to Vessel or this content not existing at all? It wouldn't have worked without Vessel's help.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Hey @nicklmg can you add lube to the store? If I am going to be fucked then at the very least you should give me the option to use lube.

25 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Like you said, people don't like change, especially a change in their opinion.

This kind of bullshit pisses me off. It's not that "people don't like change". People don't like being lied to. You can twist the words around all you want with "but it's not LMG content!" but it is painfully obvious that it is just rationalization. At the end of the day, here is how things played out.

1. "Oh a new website we can upload videos too. Let's do that!"
  2. "Hey check out our videos on Vessel guys! They pay us more than YouTube but in return we have to keep the videos exclusive for a week."
  3. People freak out and gets really worried that content will be exclusively on Vessel.
  4. Linus calms everyone down by saying all their content will still be free on YouTube. This gets repeated over and over and over in order to calm people down.
  5. A year passes. Vessel freaks out because nobody will use their website after the free year is over. Decides to pay Linus to make exclusive content.
  6. Linus, being the greedy person he is, decides to be a sellout, break his word, fuck is fans and make exclusive content.
  7. The LMG Olympic team of fanboys wins the gold medal in mental gymnastics.

So yeah, both Linus and Nick has addressed the concerns I had. Even though I won't be watching (as I said, I haven't had a good experience with Vessel, but YMMV), I don't have an issue with this being Vessel exclusive.

HOWEVER, I do feel that how the public got to know about it could have been handled better. Learning about it through a random newsletter on the internet is probably not the best way to inform the public about it. And also saying that it is CSF-subseries even though it isn't (But Linus said that was a mistake from Vessel's side)

Just now, AxelRantila said:

HOWEVER, I do feel that how the public got to know about it could have been handled better. Learning about it through a random newsletter on the internet is probably not the best way to inform the public about it. And also saying that it is CSF-subseries even though it isn't (But Linus said that was a mistake from Vessel's side)

I 100% agree with you on that, and I apologize for the way the announcement was handled. I'd like to think we have learned from the experience haha.

There are a ton of excuses I could make to try to explain it, but at the end of the day the announcement was handled very poorly, and that wasn't fair to you guys.

7 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Hey @nicklmg can you add lube to the store? If I am going to be fucked then at the very least you should give me the option to use lube.

This kind of bullshit pisses me off. It's not that "people don't like change". People don't like being lied to. You can twist the words around all you want with "but it's not LMG content!" but it is painfully obvious that it is just rationalization. At the end of the day, here is how things played out.

1. "Oh a new website we can upload videos too. Let's do that!"
  2. "Hey check out our videos on Vessel guys! They pay us more than YouTube but in return we have to keep the videos exclusive for a week."
  3. People freak out and gets really worried that content will be exclusively on Vessel.
  4. Linus calms everyone down by saying all their content will still be free on YouTube. This gets repeated over and over and over in order to calm people down.
  5. A year passes. Vessel freaks out because nobody will use their website after the free year is over. Decides to pay Linus to make exclusive content.
  6. Linus, being the greedy person he is, decides to be a sellout, break his word, fuck is fans and make exclusive content.
  7. The LMG Olympic team of fanboys wins the gold medal in mental gymnastics.

If Linus is so greedy, why does he drive a piece of garbage vehicle so that he can afford to hire more employees?  Have you not seen his car?  Meanwhile his employees can afford to drive an Acura.  Get over it man, Linus doesn't owe you anything.  Did he lie about exclusive content? Up for debate, but a sellout?  What does that even mean?  He's running a business you idiot!  

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Shit got down-voted to hell Y'all, most stunning dislike to like ratio i've seen for a Linustech video

#Unsubscribed4Lyf #SayNo2Vessel #PayWall

Details separate people.

16 hours ago, Enderman said:

vessel is not ad free

Vessel actually went ad free towards the end of the free year when they leaked nerd sports early, it was in the same email announcement or one that was either side by a day or two.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

To be honest, while I liked Nerd Sports, I'm not liking how Vessel is trying to push exclusive content. Not timed exclusive content, rather, content you can only get on their service.

Exclusivity is never a good thing. It only ends up hurting consumers in the end, because they want to play a game or listen to a song somewhere else, but- nope! Can only play this game on Xbox or listen to this song on Spotify. Fuck, that. And now Vessel is trying to push exclusive video content? Ugh.

I understand. You guys are a business and ya gotta make money, and Vessel funded this series. But I do not like the concept of exclusivity. It's just not a concept that I feel comfortable with anymore.

40 minutes ago, CostcoSamples said:

If Linus is so greedy, why does he drive a piece of garbage vehicle so that he can afford to hire more employees?  Have you not seen his car?  Meanwhile his employees can afford to drive an Acura.

Maybe because he got several children which costs a small fortune to raise and his employees don't? Or maybe he is bad with managing money? LMG seems to have a ridiculous amount of overhead compared to other YouTube channels.

59 minutes ago, CostcoSamples said:

Get over it man, Linus doesn't owe you anything.  Did he lie about exclusive content? Up for debate, but a sellout?  What does that even mean?  He's running a business you idiot!  

Define sellout: "An occurrence in which you do something that does not agree with your beliefs, values, etc., especially in order to make money."

In this case, misleading his fans and posting exclusive content in order to make more money.

18 minutes ago, Daring said:

To be honest, while I liked Nerd Sports, I'm not liking how Vessel is trying to push exclusive content. Not timed exclusive content, rather, content you can only get on their service.

Exclusivity is never a good thing. It only ends up hurting consumers in the end, because they want to play a game or listen to a song somewhere else, but- nope! Can only play this game on Xbox or listen to this song on Spotify. Fuck, that. And now Vessel is trying to push exclusive video content? Ugh.

I understand. You guys are a business and ya gotta make money, and Vessel funded this series. But I do not like the concept of exclusivity. It's just not a concept that I feel comfortable with anymore.

What about the commercials that LMG makes for companies and dont get posted on LTT youtube channel?

What about the exclusive subforums for forum contributors?

What about the exclusive badges for people who support and donate?

What about the special rewards for patreon supporters?

This "exclusivity" has been a thing for years and you only bother to complain now?

Do you think that this is "hurting consumers"? Do you expect everything in life to be free, especially with the amount of people who dont bother supporting you and take all your stuff and give nothing in return?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

10 minutes ago, Enderman said:

What about the commercials that LMG makes for companies and dont get posted on LTT youtube channel?

What about the exclusive subforums for forum contributors?

What about the exclusive badges for people who support and donate?

What about the special rewards for patreon supporters?

This "exclusivity" has been a thing for years and you only bother to complain now?

Do you think that this is "hurting consumers"? Do you expect everything in life to be free, especially with the amount of people who dont bother supporting you and take all your stuff and give nothing in return?

I don't expect everything in life to be free, where the fuck did I imply that? I just don't like the concept of exclusive content. Not everyone is happy with Vessel. I think that's pretty clear. I for one don't like how slow their player feels. If it makes them money then that's fine. And let me repeat myself once more: I don't like exclusivity.

I'm sorry if I came off as harsh, but... I don't feel like repeating myself again.

1 hour ago, Jobbe03 said:

It's technically incorrect from your fucking perspective man. You're the ones who fucked up the announcement,  

It's the same argument over and over, and it's not worth it to keep going cause frankly, i don't care.

You do you, just admit you fucked up and stop with the cheap excuses. 

Did you seriously not know that they make exclusive ads/videos for companies? This has been part of their income for years...

Maybe you should inform yourself a bit more

49 minutes ago, Trav_X said:

For those who don't like paying, I've heard it's already available as a download torrent, but I'm not sure yet and I haven't really seen where

That would be illegal, and most likely get you banned from the forum, so dont post any links :P

2 minutes ago, Daring said:

I don't expect everything in life to be free, where the fuck did I imply that? I just don't like the concept of exclusive content.

"dont like the concept of exclusive" basically means "I dont like having to pay for stuff"

well, guess what?

you dont have to pay for stuff!

you can watch all the regular LTT videos for free

nerd sports is like any other paid show on tv or on the internet

it is unrelated to linus tech tips so it doesnt even matter if you dont watch it

its not even about tech

do you also complain about every other paid show on this planet? because lemme tell you, there are lots

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Did you seriously not know that they make exclusive ads/videos for companies? This has been part of their income for years...

Maybe you should inform yourself a bit more

That would be illegal, and most likely get you banned from the forum, so dont post any links :P

"dont like the concept of exclusive" basically means "I dont like having to pay for stuff"

well, guess what?

you dont have to pay for stuff!

you can watch all the regular LTT videos for free

nerd sports is like any other paid show on tv or on the internet

it is unrelated to linus tech tips so it doesnt even matter if you dont watch it

its not even about tech

do you also complain about every other paid show on this planet? because lemme tell you, there are lots

In the way how I mean "exclusivity", it means I don't like content being locked to one specific platform. Don't know where you got this idea that I don't like paid content from, but it doesn't matter if it's paid content or not. I'm completely okay with paying for content if I need to. But if it's available only one one platform and will only be on that one platform, that's not so okay with me. k? k.