Best way to stream media to multiple tvs?

CCCCC

Streaming from stored media not the internet. I was planning on making myself a theater but would also like have access wirelessly to my media storage from my other tvs. Whats the best way for me to go about this. Open to phone, chromecast work arounds, or other things. Im just trying to see if anyone has better ideas as to how I can go about this.

Chromecast and plex if you dont have smart tv's.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

27 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

Chromecast and plex if you dont have smart tv's.

which video formats or programs can cast from my computer to chrome when opening them in a media file? and can I cast to multiple chromecasts at once from one tower?

3 minutes ago, CCCCC said:

which video formats or programs can cast from my computer to chrome when opening them in a media file? and can I cast to multiple chromecasts at once from one tower?

With chrome cast and plex, a smart phone or tablet would need to be used to cast from your plex server (computer) to the chrome cast. The chrome cast should allow you to cast different content to different devices at the same time, would just have to hit cast and select your end device, but i'm not entirely sure about it because it will be casting from the same smart device and usually it'll kill one stream and start another. I'm trying to think if there is a better device than the chromecast for this specific task.

As far as plex to chromecast goes the ideal format is Video codecs: H.264 High Profile Level 4.1, 4.2 and 5, VP8/Audio decoding: HE-AAC, LC-AAC, CELT/Opus, MP3, Vorbis//Containers: MP4/CENC, WebM, MPEG-DASH, SmoothStreaming//Level 1 DRM support: Widevine, PlayReady

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

thanks alot dude! loads of help. Ill try testing this.