Obi-Wan-Shinobi

big_lilo

Hahahaha It's coming ;) I have a few upgrades planned still... It's just on hold till I get my car back in working order than I can focus on my PC again :)

I'm just picturing a giant cathode stick that you whizz around :P

IMG_0569_zps2f25dabd.jpg

IMG_0580_zpsccd51ee3.jpg

Da Res Tho! ;)

IMG_0570_zps4ea23b9a.jpg

Second GPU Waterblock installed (Finally)

IMG_0596_zps0951da02.jpg

IMG_0597_zpsb9e78718.jpg

Nasty color Cross fire cable

IMG_0607_zps0b8ca56f.jpg

but not for long

IMG_0610_zps797332bd.jpg

;) Love the dip 

IMG_0617_zpsf7e08761.jpg

IMG_0622_zps76596d29.jpg

Much Better!

IMG_0624_zpsbd4d463a.jpg

Top fan cables

IMG_0619_zps7099e5b5.jpg

IMG_0618_zpsed21f61a.jpg

Res Installed

IMG_0604_zps6b12ac03.jpg

IMG_0643_zps55a1c475.jpg

In the background is the coolant temp. I fitted the display in the mobo tray. Sensor is in the 3rd port on the bottom of the res.... So the temp will probably read the coolant at its hottest point.

IMG_0626_zps4578ede6.jpg

More to come!!! just waiting for pump top to come in and acrylic tubing/fittings

Check out my Rigs: Obi-Wan Shinobi & HTPC: The Dark Prodigy

I'm so happy to see you're going with white lights. :)

How do you like the res?

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I'm so happy to see you're going with white lights. :)

How do you like the res?

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of multi colors, plus with the olive green color on the most heatsinks, no other color would look good I think.

As far as the res, it's only mounted so far, haven't had the chance to get it hooked up and tested but it's Solid piece. Extreme satisfied with the build quality. Mounting it is a pain... Holes you drill have to be precise

Mounting it is a pain... Holes you drill have to be precise

Haha, yeah Dazmode mentioned that in his review. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Great cable management, i am envious 

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Time for some Bending

IMG_0697_zpsfa91aba3.jpg

IMG_0696_zpsb6ccc032.jpg

Just have to wait now for my fittings to get here...

IMG_0715_zps1eb9c029.jpg

IMG_0692_zps19effae6.jpg

Polished my Supremacy Block... Since its all clear tubing and clear Res... only seemed logical :D Used Meguiar's PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner and Polish.

This is just using the polish without sanding. 

IMG_07002_zps24072a33.jpg

Before  ^                                                                                                     After ^

Replaced the D5 Pump factory Top with XSPC Pump Top (I dont have a picture of it, but you can kind of see it here)

IMG_0688_zpsa0c8049e.jpg

All I can say is Yes.

I'm assuming you have a window'd side panel. Will the reservoir be hard on the eyes since it's right there in view?

I gotta admit I was not extremely enthusiastic about EK's CSQ design when it

came onto the market (I didn't hate it, but was rather indifferent), but polished

CSQ blocks in plexi look absolutely gorgeous IMO. :wub:

All I can say is Yes.

I'm assuming you have a window'd side panel. Will the reservoir be hard on the eyes since it's right there in view?

yup it's windowed.. and I know what you mean about the res being in your face but honestly it looks great...It's just the way I have taken the pics of it with the camera so close makes it looks out of place lol I dont want to take a picture of the whole thing yet until I get my tubing in. The main reason I wanted it there (besides the room issue) is because the acrylic bar in the middle of the res lights up so it looks bad ass at night with that and the CPU block lit up 

I gotta admit I was not extremely enthusiastic about EK's CSQ design when it

came onto the market (I didn't hate it, but was rather indifferent), but polished

CSQ blocks in plexi look absolutely gorgeous IMO. :wub:

I agree. I honestly could get it a little clearer than that (I might keep working on it) but yeah it looks 100% better. My GPU blocks are pre-CSQ design too.. So it only made sense to get rid of the haze haha (I dont mind the circles but the haze was kinda lame)

Best...Name....Ever....

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Best...Name....Ever....

I'm actually astonished that the Shinobi's name hasn't been used more

for this name, it's like they made it for this.

The circuit breaker type fan bank is sooooo CHOICE! xD nice work.

Best...Name....Ever....

Hahaha It's pretty awesome

The circuit breaker type fan bank is sooooo CHOICE! xD nice work.

Thanks man :) Few changes are coming. I actually ended up putting all my fans on the fan controller but leaving both banks in there as they will be used for more lights and other things that need power

This build is fantastic. i could only dream of a build like that. and i knew @ixi_your_face would comment on this

My build: Cpu: (AMD Ryzen 7 1700) Heatsink: (Deepcool Captain 240 rgb) GPU: (Zotac AMP! GTX 1060 6gb) Ram: (Corsair LPX 8Gb DDR4 2400) Mobo: ( Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K&) Case: (NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal) PSU: (Lepa B550 550w) OS:  (Windows 10

• 3 weeks later...

Acrylic Tubing.... COMPLETED! ;) Obi-Wan-Shinobi Lives

10616371246_b9bca099a4_b.jpg

That looks really cool!

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Did the acrylic tubing discolor or get hazy during the bending ? I was planning to do most of the bends with fittings, but i must say this this tubing is absolutely beautiful, like it even more than the tubing the guy from singularity computers on youtube produces and i like those a lot. Probably also quite a bit cheaper than buying a shitload of fittings.

Really nice built !

That looks really cool!

I agree ;) Thanks

Did the acrylic tubing discolor or get hazy during the bending ? I was planning to do most of the bends with fittings, but i must say this this tubing is absolutely beautiful, like it even more than the tubing the guy from singularity computers on youtube produces and i like those a lot. Probably also quite a bit cheaper than buying a shitload of fittings.

Really nice built !

Thank you! That's an awesome compliment. The tubing didn't haze or discolor at all (thankfully) I used EK-HD Tubes... maybe other kinds do.. I'm not sure... but these didn't. The acrylic fittings cost just as much as the compression fittings... but in my opinion, acrylic is the way to go. I went with primochill  tubing (the rubber kind not acrylic) and within 2 months it discolored...I had no dyes or anything... just distilled water.

UPDATES:

Hello Everyone

My name is Elias, Fairly new to this particular forum & I have enjoyed my stay thus far :D

Still running X58 platform with i7 950.. She hasn't done me wrong yet!

These are just some pictures from before I ripped it all apart again. going acrylic tubing and other water component upgrading... Check out the update post

Specs:
Case - Bitfenix Shinobi XL (Window)
Mobo - Asus Sabertooth X58
CPU - Intel i7 950
RAM - 6x2GB Corsiar XMS 1600mhz
PSU - Corsair HX850
GPU1 - MSI Twinfrozr III 7950
GPU2 - Gigabyte Windforce 7950
SSD - 2x128GB OCZ Vertex 4's (Not in raid.. Raid controller on this board SUCKS)
HDD - 2TB WD Caviar GREEN for Media + 1TB for personal file backups in Probox External enclosure 
Fan Controller - Lampton FC5V2
Case fans: Corsair AF120 Performance 

Full Custom Watercooling loop:
EKWB Supremacy CPU Block
2x EKWB EK-FC7950 Full Cover Block
Laing D5 Pump w/ XSPC Pump Acetal top
XSPC Photon 170 Tube Res
Front mounted EK-CoolStream RAD XT240 with 2x Corsair SP120 performance fans
Top Mounted XSPC RX360 RAD with Corsair SP120 Performance fans
EK-HD Acrylic Tubing 12mm/16mm 
EK-HD 12/16mm Fittings

9725011687_3312aa01c2_b.jpg

9725012377_53aca74dcf_b.jpg

9728239322_77cefdd505_b.jpg

9861730813_cea3a5dde9_b.jpg

Bank 1 (left) is fan power (that are not hooked up to the fan controller. Just straight raw 12v power)
Bank 2 (right) Light LED power

9861724003_4b9b602d7b_b.jpg

Light switch Toggle... I really didn't want to drill a hole in my front/top bezel for the switch..so it fit PERFECT in the rear pre drilled watercooling holes..and I wasn't going to use them for anything else.... :D

9861642076_6e7f487de1_b.jpg

Painted the 5.25" bay covers and fan controller plate PLASTI-DIP Black... just to give it a little bit of an accent, not to mention Plasti-dip is a rubber coating I was hoping it would feel the same as the bitfenix soft touch.. it doesnt LOL but the main idea I used it is because its peel able  :) Plus I thought It looked weird with bitfenix soft touch grayish and a brushed black fan controller... this way it all matches 

9861629924_ecea8d7e55_b.jpg

Back side of the case... if you noticed I cheated with the 24-pin... Didn't actually sleeve it myself :S and my GPU and CPU Power are only half sleeved lol didnt have enough material... (flame suit on) 

Thanks for having a look  :) Any comments welcome! Thanks in advance!