Electrolyte

Gonna be quite something Windspeed, also love the banners at the top and bottom of your opening thread, gives it a professional hint, I like it :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Gonna be quite something Windspeed, also love the banners at the top and bottom of your opening thread, gives it a professional hint, I like it :)

Cheers :D

I'll be posting more updates on probably Wednesday when I get more parts. 

Cheers :D

I'll be posting more updates on probably Wednesday when I get more parts. 

No worries mate, also can't wait :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Keen as.

A tad disappointed that you're not going with the new 2011 socket chips. Although I can't complain since I built mine this year as well. And you probably had this planned out a while ago.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Keen as.

A tad disappointed that you're not going with the new 2011 socket chips. Although I can't complain since I built mine this year as well. And you probably had this planned out a while ago.

Eh, I didn't really have a choice of SBE vs IBE. Having said that, I don't know if it would have made that much different. All IBE brings is a better controller for the memory allowing for higher clocks and then a bit better raw CPU performance. Neither of those matter either as it doesn't make a difference or that I can just overclock. 

Eh, I didn't really have a choice of SBE vs IBE. Having said that, I don't know if it would have made that much different. All IBE brings is a better controller for the memory allowing for higher clocks and then a bit better raw CPU performance. Neither of those matter either as it doesn't make a difference or that I can just overclock.

And pci-e 3.0 support!

I just don't feel complete knowing that my gpu's bandwidth has been restricted haha

Edit: I know it makes little to no difference. But still 3.0 is bigger than 2.0 and I want it.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

And pci-e 3.0 support!

I just don't feel complete knowing that my gpu's bandwidth has been restricted haha

Edit: I know it makes little to no difference. But still 3.0 is bigger than 2.0 and I want it.

Lol - it's completely needed. 

I highly suggest that you buy a high end amd card because they give you performance between 770 and 780. Would something like a 7950 or 7970 work? It could potentially save you a ton of money for the rest of your build

I highly suggest that you buy a high end amd card because they give you performance between 770 and 780. Would something like a 7950 or 7970 work? It could potentially save you a ton of money for the rest of your build

Wait for 9XXX series. R9-290X would be a better performer than any of those.

sysloc

Updated

Thanks for mentioning me in your post :)

Although the Swiftech H320 is an awesome cooler a Corsair H110 comes at a relatively lower price point and is a viable option as well since it's more than capable of sustaining a very decent overclock. My H110 keeps my  4.7GHz overclocked 3930k at temperatures around 72C with ambient temp being 24C.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Thanks for mentioning me in your post :)

Although the Swiftech H320 is an awesome cooler a Corsair H110 comes at a relatively lower price point and is a viable option as well since it's more than capable of sustaining a very decent overclock. My H110 keeps my  4.7GHz overclocked 3930k at temperatures around 72C with ambient temp being 24C.

Eh, H320 gives me the option down the road to WC the 760. 

I'm still torn between doing regular paracord sleeving using heatshrink or doing it like this

This method works extremely well and looks fantastic. If it's shrinkless, it's the way to go

Still deciding on keyboards, really tempted to go with my old Mac wireless board. 

What about this? or What you could do is buy any mech and get a keycap set off geekhack  ;)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

or i missed something (i often do) what is the theme going to be?? 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

subbed. cant wait to see how it turns out.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

or i missed something (i often do) what is the theme going to be??

I originally wanted black and white hence the major interest in the Fractal case however I couldn't find a decent mATX b rd that fitted that colour scheme so I've had to chuck red into the mix.

This method works extremely well and looks fantastic. If it's shrinkless, it's the way to go

What about this? or What you could do is buy any mech and get a keycap set off geekhack  ;)

Eh keyboards a bit on the expensive side, I'm torn between the $90 Ducky's and the Steelseries Apex Raw.

Eh keyboards a bit on the expensive side, I'm torn between the $90 Ducky's and the Steelseries Apex Raw.

Stay away from the apex! I won a full one at PAX and it's so bad. Ridiculously large, the keys are unbelievably mushy (I don't know how they did it but they're an order of magnitude mushier than normal membranes).

Just a horrid value

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Stay away from the apex! I won a full one at PAX and it's so bad. Ridiculously large, the keys are unbelievably mushy (I don't know how they did it but they're an order of magnitude mushier than normal membranes).

Just a horrid value

Ducky it might be then. Cheers for the heads up. 

Just a horrid value

Went to PCCG and picked stuff up. They had a Zero's in blues and browns. The blues are amazing to type on. :D

Also, pic added to the front page. 

Went to PCCG and picked stuff up. They had a Zero's in blues and browns. The blues are amazing to type on. :D

Was the zero your first time using blues?

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Was the zero your first time using blues?

Yeah - pretty sweet. 

Yeah - pretty sweet. 

I know that feel, my very first mechanical keyboard had blues and I was coming from membrane...one of the best transitions in life.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Yeah, I noticed when I went last week that had 2 systems hooked up with Zero's to order parts on. They did it because so many people just go without having ordered previously then order their part on their phone and wait while they pick out their parts for them. 

I ordered before hand but I still had to feel up them blues  :wub:

Eh, H320 gives me the option down the road to WC the 760. 

Is there really a reason to watercool?

Is there really a reason to watercool?

Watercool which bit specifically?