Need help with a Power supply for my motherboard

i just bought a new graphics card (gtx 960) and i needed to upgrade my power supply which is currently 250w. I notice that my motherboard does not have a 20+4 pin connector, but it has a 10 pin connector. any ideas on where i can get something like this? ive been looking at reviews for the corsair ax650 and that seems like it would work. idk i need help from experts, im quite new to this so i dont know what to do.

Such thing actually exists ? Never heard of it lol. Buy a new Mobo :D

picture of the connector?

hope its not a proprietary connector

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

picture of the connector?

hope its not a proprietary connector

Frosty yes it is

3 minutes ago, scott buonya said:

Frosty yes it is

well i've never heard of 10pin motherboard power, so i guess you're out of luck `-`

maybe you can get a motherboard for the processor its using, if it isnt soldered on

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

17 minutes ago, scott buonya said:

i just bought a new graphics card (gtx 960) and i needed to upgrade my power supply which is currently 250w. I notice that my motherboard does not have a 20+4 pin connector, but it has a 10 pin connector. any ideas on where i can get something like this? ive been looking at reviews for the corsair ax650 and that seems like it would work. idk i need help from experts, im quite new to this so i dont know what to do.

Give us model number for your CPU and we can find you a motherboard.

You'll also find cheaper PSUs than the AX that are still of great quality in case you need to make budget for the mobo.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-s12ii520bronze

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-xfxts550w

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220gs0550v1

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

AX650? hmm, not sure if that's really the case. That PSU will support ATX12V 2.01 systems and later. You said your board only has 10pin connector and not 20+4, what is the make and model of that board? I'm just curious if it's from an OEM system. 

Corsair Joseph I have a Lenovo Skybay (U3E1)

or so it says lol. can you help?

I see.

Unfortunately, due to the type of pc you have, it is unlikely that you would be able to put a new GPU in there.

Even if you could, it is a proprietary design, as this is not a standard ATX form factor, and they do not sell higher wattages.

Sorry I couldn't help

Callum 

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

12 hours ago, scott buonya said:

The Thinkcentre M800z is an all-in-one computer. Even if the GPU is upgradeable, you would get to buy a MXM type graphic card (the ones you see in laptops). That's not factoring cooling issues and support (may require a BIOS update).

Seeing how you were able to identify the connector type and that it's a 250w (I believe the M800z supposed to have a 150w unit), I'm assuming you had misidentified it. Even if that's the case, it's not as easy to upgrade. A 10-pin connection mean you have a proprietary motherboard and PSU, and you simply can buy a retail PSU like the AX650 and expect it to work.

You would either need to mod the PSU cables, make / find an adapter that would convert the 24-pin connection, or buy a new motherboard as well as PSU.

Here's an example of the adapter you may need to buy (I couldn't find a 10 pin one) : http://www.moddiy.com/products/IBM-Lenovo-PSU-Main-Power-24%252dPin-to-14%252dPin-Adapter-Cable-%2830cm%29.html