Need Massive Help With Setting Up File Server

Ok so I recently built a file server with 2 1tb Toshiba harddrives, a AMD 5350 with a Asrock AM1B ITX motherboard, a Inwin ITX case, a Roswill WiFi card, and a 4gb stick of Avexir ram. I have the machine built and it did run when I tested it out with a copy of windows (without any windows key) and I just can't figure out what software to use for the file server and how to use any of those softwares because I'm a big noob at command prompt server stuff and I thought it would have been as simple as setting up and configuring free nas and I'm good to go. But first when I tried to install free nas I didn't know how to get it to the user interface. Heres what I'm going to have to do to get the server to run because I don't have any extra room in the budget and also I have no wired internet running though my house: 1. I need to get the server running over wifi (I don't care about speed all I care is if it works) 2. I need to be able to setup a software raid to get the 2 hard drives in a raid 1 config and 3. I need the server to be able to run off a flash drive unless I can get the server to boot off a software raid 1 config. If anyone can help then massive thanks I really need the help to figure out what to do.

Heres a few pics of the server for the ones who want to know how I shoved a file server into a slimline ITX case (I used a 5.25 to 3.5 inch bay adapter)

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

And for those who are wondering I'm using a 8gb flash drive for the server:

image.jpeg

You install FreeNAS onto the flash drive, at the end of the install it will give you an IP address. Type that IP address into a browser of another computer.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

As far as I know freenas doesn't support wifi

If not try ubuntu or perhaps openmediavault if they support it at all

FreeBSD 10 has a wide range of support for wifi cards now, there's a few vendors that work better than others. For a file server I would suggest hardwiring if at all possible, even if you have to buy those powerline ethernet adapters.

4gb is very low for almost any solution. You may want to look in to unRaid.