Another gaming windows handled devices by PGSlab

leafar

PGS lab is going to announcement tomorrow the 18th,a  sliding intel x7 8750, small screen 5,5 inches windows gaming device with two screen display and game controllers.http://pgslab.com/

I do hope this project come to a reality

Can we please stop with the mobile obsession? It's never going to be as good or as fun as desktop/laptop+mouse.

Seriously, what is the point? How often are you out and about, and have time to game? Generally when I am out of the house, I am trying to get back to the house, as quickly as possible.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

6 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

The use-case is more for the people who want to have a single machine for gaming, such as a strong laptop. A device that they can put on a docking station when they get home.

Although I don't really see the use of this device.

1 minute ago, JoeyDM said:

The use-case is more for the people who want to have a single machine for gaming, such as a strong laptop. A device that they can put on a docking station when they get home.

Not really understanding, you mean this is for streaming from a central device at home (like the Nvidia Shield)?

I barely get that, because I live at my desktop. Mainly because I lack a job (at least for another 6 or 7 days till I start my new job) and have no social life beyond the internet.

I mean yeah, there is "taking the game with you to the toilet", but I generally reserve that time for reading.

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

Not really understanding, you mean this is for streaming from a central device at home (like the Nvidia Shield)?

I barely get that, because I live at my desktop. Mainly because I lack a job (at least for another 6 or 7 days till I start my new job) and have no social life beyond the internet.

I mean yeah, there is "taking the game with you to the toilet", but I generally reserve that time for reading.

Sorry, see edit.

I was referring entirely to gaming laptops. I didn't see that you said desktop / laptop.

Just now, JoeyDM said:

Sorry, see edit.

I was referring entirely to gaming laptops. I didn't see that you said desktop / laptop.

I still really don't get it.

Who the f**k wants to spend money to play with crappy controls, on a tiny screen? Seriously.

9 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Can we please stop with the mobile obsession? It's never going to be as good or as fun as desktop/laptop+mouse.

Seriously, what is the point? How often are you out and about, and have time to game? Generally when I am out of the house, I am trying to get back to the house, as quickly as possible.

The point is the same as the 3ds or vita, or even phones and tablets when used to play games. And of course its not going to perform like a desktop, neither have other handhelds yet they sell just fine.

1 minute ago, CyanideInsanity said:

The point is the same as the 3ds or vita, or even phones and tablets when used to play games. And of course its not going to perform like a desktop, neither have other handhelds yet they sell just fine.

I know that.

But I still don't get the point. When out and about, when do you really have time? If I'm not driving, I'm in the store trying to get in and out as quickly as possible. If I'm waiting in line I am generally checking the news just to see what's up.

I guess I'm weird and reserve my gaming for when I am at home.

5 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I see this as a pooping machine. Or waiting in-between classes.

yuo can  have multiplus device if you can affored,meaning i do believe that everyones have a tablet,phone and pc

Just now, JoeyDM said:

I see this as a pooping machine. Or waiting in-between classes.

I guess, but I generally use that kind of time for reading. Be it the news or something scientific/educational that I am interested in.

I try to devote at least some of my day to increasing my knowledge to some extent.

So we always looking for the right or perfect machine

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

I know that.

But I still don't get the point. When out and about, when do you really have time? If I'm not driving, I'm in the store trying to get in and out as quickly as possible. If I'm waiting in line I am generally checking the news just to see what's up.

I guess I'm weird and reserve my gaming for when I am at home.

I wouldn't say I have a huge amount of time away from home, though thats mainly because I'm a lazy bastard. Though every time I find myself away with free time wanting to game generally I'm in the mood for games that aren't available on my 3ds.

On the topic of this device however, I'm honestly not sure how well it will end up being around $200. Personally I'm waiting for the smach z to return, or someone else to make an attempt at a handheld steam machine, at this point the steam controller is a must for me pc-wise.

3 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I do too, but reading is becoming a less popular media.

4 minutes ago, leafar said:

So we always looking for the right or perfect machine

No, just looking for the purpose. I see mobile gaming as a complete and utter waste of time. While desktop and hell, even console gaming has a point.

Both something to enjoy. Whereas mobile gaming is just something to do.....and there are better things you could/should be doing. And yes, some people might enjoy the games they play on mobile.....but why couldn't they just play those games at home, when they have more time to enjoy them?........on a better format?

It's completely superfluous and usually just a micro-transaction fest.

3 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

That's one of the major reasons that I do it. Because when the rest of the larger population becomes mostly illiterate (to anything more than internet-speak, abbreviations etc.), I will be valuable.

That's one of the major reasons that I do it. Because when the rest of the larger population becomes mostly illiterate (to anything more than internet-speak, abbreviations etc.), I will be valuable.

Unrelated to everything, but I feel like this needs to be posted:

1ad5071d6b2ce29a5345ef8d270c83af.jpg

Just now, JoeyDM said:

Unrelated to everything, but I feel like this needs to be posted:

-snip

I feel like you, posting that now, actually serves to make my point, thank you.

I feel like you, posting that now, actually serves to make my point, thank you.

Well it wasn't fully unrelated. I just couldn't come up with a clear connection / pun with my tired brain.

4 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Well it wasn't fully unrelated. I just couldn't come up with a clear connection / pun with my tired brain.

You realize your making this pun, at the expense of someone saying "there are better things you could be doing with those random, short, free moments you have throughout the day, things that better you as a person"?

Not every free moment of life needs to be crammed with instantly gratifying media.

6 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

What? I'm agreeing with you. Either re-read what I stated, or explain your point. 

15 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

I stated exactly nothing on my feelings on the topic, just pointing something out. I read. I enjoy learning. Knowledge is one of the most important things in the world to me. 

You're preaching to the choir, sorry if I made my position unclear.

4 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

What? I'm agreeing with you. Either re-read what I stated, or explain your point. 

I stated exactly nothing on my feelings on the topic, just pointing something out. I read. I enjoy learning. Knowledge is one of the most important things in the world to me. 

You're preaching to the choir, sorry if I made my position unclear.

I took the dale gribble meme to be an insult. If there was another intent, you need to clarify.

I took the dale gribble meme to be an insult. If there was another intent, you need to clarify.

Oh. Sorry. I just fucking love that picture and have been trying to find an excuse to post it. Discussing people making themselves dumber by not reading made it finally almost semi-relevant.

I just don't see how this would be powerful enough to even maintain 30 FPS on low in most titles, not to mention a QHD screen. Please, unless we get a dedicated GPU in here it will suck for PC gaming ultimately..

I think this would be good for emulators and some fun indie games. I find it odd that it does not mention if it has a touch screen, I feel that is needed. I like to see were this goes.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc