PS4 emulator? Good one, no Virus!

I already tried to install the PS4 emulator from http://ps4emulator.org/ and it tried to install a bunch of adware. I am looking for something as simple as Cemu for Wii U. What do you think Linus uses?

Nope nope

Although the PS4 architecture is pretty close to a PC, don't expect it to have emulators for at least 2 years or more, anything else are fakes 

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

i dont think there are any safe emulators that work well

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

3 minutes ago, Johnmakuta said:

What do you think Linus uses?

ask @LinusTech

senpai may answer

Well, now you're reading this, I might as well inspire you with a deep quote

If you fall, I'll be there

- Floor

so inspiring, so deep, the feels ;-;  THE FEELS ;-;

Newer Build which I'm gonna buy when I haz moneyz

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£0.00)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£25.98 @ Novatech)
Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 GAMING ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£78.10 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£0.00)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£29.76 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£0.00)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card  (£179.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case  (£149.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For £0.00)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  (£59.00 @ Amazon UK)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (£24.99 @ Amazon UK)
Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£184.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £803.77

somethings says '£0.00' because I already bought them

probably best remix out there

If I follow you, consider your self lucky, I rarely follow people and when I do it's either because

1) I look up to you

2)I like your picture

3) Or you have an epic ass rig (40 titan x's 9 6700k's clocked at 29GHz that is what I call a epic ass rig, but no one has that soo...)

2 minutes ago, GarnetDevil said:

Nope nope

Although the PS4 architecture is pretty close to a PC, don't expect it to have emulators for at least 2 years or more, anything else are fakes 

Really? Not even in VMs?

Then what about this: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjDjsjCjpbMAhUGcD4KHZqyCB0QtwIILTAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVgK6AOAl7xw&usg=AFQjCNFbB79PLOh9XM4Xckezof5DJI-HHA&sig2=1wvT1vpZEZTqsp1oxS5EpQ&bvm=bv.119745492,d.cWw

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Ha ha ha.  God, of course not.  Do you have any idea how well encrypted the PS4 is?  No one's even come up with a way to make it run pirated discs then alone emulate the entire system on a PC.

Yeah, no, what you want straight up doesn't exist.  PS3 emulators barely exist and are under heavy, -heavy- development and will be for years and years, but you want PS4 emulator?

A ps4 emulator is not going to exist for a long time at this point. PCs are not yet powerful enough to emulate the hardware.

46 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Ha ha ha.  God, of course not.  Do you have any idea how well encrypted the PS4 is?  No one's even come up with a way to make it run pirated discs then alone emulate the entire system on a PC.

Yeah, no, what you want straight up doesn't exist.  PS3 emulators barely exist and are under heavy, -heavy- development and will be for years and years, but you want PS4 emulator?

Yep. If there's anything the consoles have done right this generation, it's that they use some heavy ass encryption.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

7 minutes ago, Squirrel724 said:

A ps4 emulator is not going to exist for a long time at this point. PCs are not yet powerful enough to emulate the hardware.

but why? #PCMASTERRACE?

or is it just this?

6 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

it's that they use some heavy ass encryption.

Hello

Just now, TAHIRMIA said:

but why? #PCMASTERRACE?

or is it just this?

It's half encryption half virtualizing the PS4 environment. Once we remove the translation of one hardware architecture to another (say, Xbox 360 and PowerPC to x86-64), it's basically virtualization, except we have the issue of emulating a GPU that does not techincally exist in any real form.

3 minutes ago, TAHIRMIA said:

but why? #PCMASTERRACE?

or is it just this?

In order to have an emulator to run the games on you have to be able to emulate the hardware the software runs on. The emulation of the hardware is the part that requires a lot of raw power, which does not exist in the consumer space at this point.

And before anyone goes 'Oh, but consoles are X86 now, it should be a piece of cake'.  The classic Xbox was an x86 Intel Celeron 733mhz CPU running DirectX on a custom Nvidia GPU that laid somewhere between GeForce 3 and GeForce 4 yet we are still a long way away from a serviceable Classic Xbox emulator capable of playing Classic Xbox games.  (And Sega Chihiro games, since that arcade platform ran on the same Xbox hardware).

Emulation of largely undocumented hardware, that grows increasingly complicated with each successive generation, is not as easy as pie.

1 hour ago, Johnmakuta said:

What do you think Linus uses?

What makes you think he would need to use emulator? He could, idk, buy PS4 if he'd need one.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

What makes you think he would need to use emulator? He could, idk, buy PS4 if he'd need one.

Second point: What ps4 content has LTT produced?

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I already have a PS4 but I share it with my roommate and even though I can just stream to my PC I can't do that while he is playing it. Also, I thought I heard linus saying he emulates games. Doesn't he say that nearly every WAN show now?

Just now, Johnmakuta said:

Also, I thought I heard linus saying he emulates games. Doesn't he say that nearly every WAN show now?

No...? He has emulated games, yes. But not for modern consoles. Rather for things like Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64.

You know you need BD for playing PS3/4 games, right?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

No...? He has emulated games, yes. But not for modern consoles. Rather for things like Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64.

You know you need BD for playing PS3/4 games, right?

First, that makes sense

Second, what does BD mean? Blueray Drive?

3 minutes ago, Johnmakuta said:

First, that makes sense

Second, what does BD mean? Blueray Drive?

Yeah. If you would find emulator, you'd need to use BluRay drive for reading discs.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Yeah. If you would find emulator, you'd need to use BluRay drive for reading discs.

Could you not download them?

Hello

33 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I have one anyway but thanks for the tip

44 minutes ago, TAHIRMIA said:

Could you not download them?

Suggesting such would be against forum CS. Emulators are already grey area.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

And before anyone goes 'Oh, but consoles are X86 now, it should be a piece of cake'.  The classic Xbox was an x86 Intel Celeron 733mhz CPU running DirectX on a custom Nvidia GPU that laid somewhere between GeForce 3 and GeForce 4 yet we are still a long way away from a serviceable Classic Xbox emulator capable of playing Classic Xbox games.  (And Sega Chihiro games, since that arcade platform ran on the same Xbox hardware).

Emulation of largely undocumented hardware, that grows increasingly complicated with each successive generation, is not as easy as pie.

In the case of the Xbox, it's not that we can't do it moreso no one feels like doing it.

We've figured out how to rip the game with Windows and we can dump the contents of an Xbox's hard drive, so it wouldn't be too hard to either force the OS to run or force the bootloader to work right.

whatever u installed

i hope u dont keep any credit card data on ur comp lol

my buddy did something similar some asshole in taiwan enjoyed all his online games for a month

thats how long it took to recover all his accounts lol

he changed all the emails on everything

although he got a badass diablo character outta the deal lol