Ubisoft punishing players for a glitch?

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/ubisoft-will-punish-people-who-exploited-a-glitch-during-the-divisions-firs

Was this posted already? Is it a valid article? 

If it's not legit feel free to delete. I just feel like this kind of bs needs to be spread around if it's true. You cannot fault players for a bug, game exploits are completely and entirely the fault of the dev, end of story.

11 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

To be fair, it's an exploit which can make the first segment far easier. 

Exploits should be reported and not abused.

but you shouldent b e punished...

Just now, No said:

Why shouldn't you?

The meaning of exploit is to use a glitch to an abusive advantage. Even if Ubisoft Montreal fucked up, you shouldn't abuse a glitch for your benefit.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Punishing players for exploits is common practice in MMOs. Though the fact this isn't a monthly subscription game makes it more difficult: you can't just ban their account if it's tied to the copy of the game and well you really can't deny service for an error on their end as easily. In mmos since you pay monthly there's an understanding that the service can be revoked according to the rules but revoking a legitimately bought retail copy of the game is very different.

-------

Current Rig

-------

21 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Punishing players for exploits is common practice in MMOs. Though the fact this isn't a monthly subscription game makes it more difficult: you can't just ban their account if it's tied to the copy of the game and well you really can't deny service for an error on their end as easily. In mmos since you pay monthly there's an understanding that the service can be revoked according to the rules but revoking a legitimately bought retail copy of the game is very different.

A lot of MMOs are buy to play though, the initial transaction still occurred.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Why shouldn't you?

The meaning of exploit is to use a glitch to an abusive advantage. Even if Ubisoft Montreal fucked up, you shouldn't abuse a glitch for your benefit.

Exactly. If it was just a random glitch that the player cannot control or initiate, Ubisoft would have just patched it and no players would be punished.. But with this glitch the players are knowingly cheating the system and i fully support the temp banning of them.

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Can't fault Ubi for this. Kicking/punishing a player from a session for exploiting a bug has been around for quite some time.

Many online games have this. Ubi is just doing what they're supposed to be doing. 

Its not uncommon to leech on the ubisoft hate train. 

This is also in CSGO 

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/counter-strike-esports-team-forfeits-victory-after/1100-6423866/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/458604254423340662/

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

There is no in game economy being affected. It hurts no other players.

Why is this even an issue... Punishment shouldn't be made on principle. It's their game let them do with it what they wish so long as other people aren't negatively affected

Great way to lose an audience lol.

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B

If you exploit, you should lose your access to the game. There's no but(t)s there's no what ifs. You exploit a bug? Fuck you and your money, you forfeited it.

1 hour ago, Entropy said:

There is no in game economy being affected. It hurts no other players.

Why is this even an issue... Punishment shouldn't be made on principle. It's their game let them do with it what they wish so long as other people aren't negatively affected

There is PvP in The division and therefore it could potentially hurt other players.

3 hours ago, No said:

you get punished if you use shady loopholes to avoid taxes so why is this any different?

Pretty much every game has a section in the ToS/EULA that says you cant abuse glitches, bugs or cheat.

They knew what they did, and now they pay the price for it.

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

you get punished if you use shady loopholes to avoid taxes so why is this any different?

Pretty much every game has a section in the ToS/EULA that says you cant abuse glitches, bugs or cheat.

They knew what they did, and now they pay the price for it.

dont know anyone who reads the tos/eula, plus a game is a bit different than taxes

5 minutes ago, No said:

dont know anyone who reads the tos/eula, plus a game is a bit different than taxes

IF YOU DONT READ IT, AND ACCEPT IT, IT IS YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT!!!!! You have concented to the contents and that makes you legally bound to follow the rules and regulations outlined in the ToS/EULA for that product.

It's the same with signing papers. READ THE SMALL TEXT.

You are concenting, willfully so. If you are dumb enough to concent to a legally binding document without atleast bothering to skim through it, you have equally no right to bitch and moan when you get punished by the companys guidelines, which you agreed to abide by.

Big deal...

Blizzard has been banning people for that like since ever

if you don't agree with it, make it backfire - don't buy their games and don't play their games

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

25 minutes ago, No said:

Nobody reads the code of law, doesnt mean theft, rape, murder, etc. isnt illegal or that we dont know it is.

5 minutes ago, DXMember said:

Big deal...

Blizzard has been banning people for that like since ever

if you don't agree with it, make it backfire - don't buy their games and don't play their games

indeed. for a while,ubisoft's policies were pretty much obsolete and outdated. i pretty much stopped buying ubisoft games ever since AC4 since my uplay account got banned for using third-party savegames (i corrupted my save in a power outage).

This post does not meet the posting guidelines and therefore moved out of the Tech News section:

They messed up the Endgame so bad. Didnt patched anything for over two weeks, exploits, bugs and glitches at every corner. Countless threads in the Ubisoft Forum cried for a fucking Patch and Ubisoft did nothing. Absolutly incompetend.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO