sugary drink tax

alexc026

3cents/oz is a little high for a tax (unless it's capped at a certain max). I personally like the idea but don't think it will work. Soda is already pretty expensive near me ($2-$3/2liter) and people are still buying.

I feel like this will go as well as when NY tried to ban large soft drinks at fast food places and elevators on the first couple floors. Maybe the goal is to get fat people up and moving to protest this and lose the lbs that way :P (I am not skinny myself, I'm just pointing it out).

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

2 hours ago, NVIDIAIIAIAIAII said:

so what? it is there choice to buy the drink and there own problem that they are obese, its not going to affect you.

Actually it affects every one. Why do you think Health Care in the US is so damned expensive. Also if you actually cared about another human being, then you would see it as a world problem. On top of that, these habits of eating what every you want get passed down to kids, whom think there is no consequences. Its not necessarily a choice for some people as parents might only buy these sugary beverages and such. Plus kids will drink and eat what they want, they dont understand anything about Diabetes or high blood pressure. 

Im glade to say Im 6 months sober from these types of drinks. I drink nothing by water. As a result I feel much better. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

50 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Actually it affects every one. Why do you think Health Care in the US is so damned expensive. Also if you actually cared about another human being, then you would see it as a world problem. On top of that, these habits of eating what every you want get passed down to kids, whom think there is no consequences. Its not necessarily a choice for some people as parents might only buy these sugary beverages and such. Plus kids will drink and eat what they want, they dont understand anything about Diabetes or high blood pressure. 

Im glade to say Im 6 months sober from these types of drinks. I drink nothing by water. As a result I feel much better. 

do you really. or are you just truly sad inside as you have time to be complaining online that "errmm it affects everyone !1!!"

1 hour ago, NVIDIAIIAIAIAII said:

do you really. or are you just truly sad inside as you have time to be complaining online that "errmm it affects everyone !1!!"

I care enough to cut the shit out of my diet. Im also glad my sister does not give my niece or nephew any of these drinks. Keep in mind, the cost of health care affects every one. On top of that taxing things that are not good for you is what the government already does. Cigarettes (Causes Caner), Beer, Liqueur(Both cause Liver damage and possibly brain damage in large dowses.. So how is taxing any of that different than taxing something that will cause you to be obese and give you diabetes and high blood pressure? Dont you know, the only thing that is certain in life is Death and Taxes. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

I care enough to cut the shit out of my diet. Im also glad my sister does not give my niece or nephew any of these drinks. Keep in mind, the cost of health care affects every one. On top of that taxing things that are not good for you is what the government already does. Cigarettes (Causes Caner), Beer, Liqueur(Both cause Liver damage and possibly brain damage in large dowses.. So how is taxing any of that different than taxing something that will cause you to be obese and give you diabetes and high blood pressure? Dont you know, the only thing that is certain in life is Death and Taxes. 

fuck off

On 17. 4. 2016 at 6:15 AM, gamerking said:

also soda doesn't make you fat its not moving at all that does it xD

It Sure speeds the process of getting fat..

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)