Cisco CIVS-ES-32-6000 hardware specs?

I can't seem to be able to find the hardware specs for this. I have the opportunity to buy one to replace my thrown-together NAS, but can't find any hardware info. It includes 12 x 500GB HDDs for $300. Any help is welcome.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

22 minutes ago, FAQBytes said:

I can't seem to be able to find the hardware specs for this. I have the opportunity to buy one to replace my thrown-together NAS, but can't find any hardware info. It includes 12 x 500GB HDDs for $300. Any help is welcome.

Any info I can find seems to be a purpose built Video Surveillance Server for cameras (IP Cameras most likely).

I cannot find any hard specs though - it's likely running proprietary software, and possibly hardware too. If you can physically examine the device, you should pop off the case and see if there is a part number for the motherboard - see what kind of CPU it supports, and whether there are drivers for other OS's even available.

However, I think there's a very strong chance that it runs proprietary hardware too, and you probably won't be able to install a different OS on it. But that's simply speculation. You could also contact Cisco and ask for the Datasheet for the device.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

-Snip-

In all honesty, I wasn't really planning to use very much of the hardware installed. I was going to rip out the motherboard and replace it with what I have, as I have seen that it is a 3u rackmount case. I will be going in to see it tomorrow, and hopefully it will be what I want. The listing was rather vague, but it seems like it runs with Windows Server 2008 with an additional proprietary software level on top. I was going to do some modifications to the top hood as well so that I could also put in full-height graphics/compute cards, like I have on my S2600CP4. 

From what I can also gather from previous and replacement generations is that it uses standard Intel server-grade hardware, and nothing too proprietary. If I have to replace the PCI Express plane on the case, while it isn't preferable, I can do it, as I'm not too afraid to get down and dirty with this stuff, although the less the better. It's 3u, so it should be able to support full-height cards.

Thanks for taking your time to try as well though.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

4 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

-Snip- -Again-

Oh, and here is one of the replacements, but without the drives is useless to me and with the drives are 10 grand, soooo....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cisco-Multi-Services-Platform-Series-Server-CIVS-MSP-4RU-Xeon-2-33GHz-2GB-24-Bay-/281635934756

Definitely looks like a standard server board and such. I think the main difference is that the linked is a 4u server and the one I will get is a 3u, meaning I won't have that extra space on the left of the board as the PSUs will be rotated 90 degrees to fit in a 3u enclosure. I'll have definitive answers tomorrow.