32" 1440p monitors

Skyway

I have had an HP Envy 32 (bang & olufsen with freesync) for the last 4 months and the other day it was accidently damaged by my girlfriend. She had something in her hand and spun around too fast and it flew out of her hand and hit the screen. It didn't crack it, but it did damage the actual lcd and shows all these colored lines across it (while still actually displaying an image). It's now time to replace it but I have some questions about other models from other manufacturers.

I loved the monitor, the resolution, and the size so I wanted to keep it the same. I chose the HP for the price back in december but now it seems all the other brands are around the same price. So my question is should I stay with the HP (had no problems with it whatsoever), or should I be looking at the BenQ bl3200pt, asus pg328q, or the samsung 32" monitor? I know the BenQ is flicker free, and the asus can run at a reported 75hz (my HP would do 70hz), are those the only benefit to them? It seems all these monitors use the same AU optronics AMVA+ panel and are susceptible to the same issues (except the acer version which apparently is always set to overdrive and has ghosting issues).

Any help from current or past 32" 1440p monitor owners will be much appreciated. I'd love to hear from the BenQ 3200pt owners as that is the one I've been looking at possibly buying instead of the HP. Thanks!

• 1 month later...