Whats Wrong with my System !

here my

Specs:

CPU: i53450

GPU: HIS R9 290 current 1000Mhz/1300

RAM: 8Gb Kingstone

Score: What the just 0.1

Capable

my answer is Whats Wrong with my System, am i doing wrong , first install steam vr and get this score :o im shock :( 

Untitled.png

nothing is wrong, just Steam has declared that based on your specs, you can not effectively run Virtual Reality games very well. An upgrade might be necessary if you really want to get into VR.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

As the tool suggests, you need a better graphics card for VR

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

36 minutes ago, xeles said:

here my

Specs:

CPU: i53450

GPU: HIS R9 290 current 1000Mhz/1300

RAM: 8Gb Kingstone

Score: What the just 0.1

Capable

my answer is Whats Wrong with my System, am i doing wrong , first install steam vr and get this score :o im shock :( 

actually, i guess your shock is from the fact it scored so low, since it said your gpu needed to be upgraded, and your card actually meets the minumum requirements for vr.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/oculus-rift/12634/

previously my other system was a i5-2500, gtx 960, 4x2gb , so in terms of specs is much lower but i had no drop frames and was at the upper part of capable, there was something in you system that must have been running in the background e.g antivirus, etc. check your task manager and make sure nothing is in the background when you do the test.

hard to believe a r9 290 would score that low, there must be something going on in the background

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

2 hours ago, papapoi said:

actually, i guess your shock is from the fact it scored so low, since it said your gpu needed to be upgraded, and your card actually meets the minumum requirements for vr.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/oculus-rift/12634/

previously my other system was a i5-2500, gtx 960, 4x2gb , so in terms of specs is much lower but i had no drop frames and was at the upper part of capable, there was something in you system that must have been running in the background e.g antivirus, etc. check your task manager and make sure nothing is in the background when you do the test.

hard to believe a r9 290 would score that low, there must be something going on in the background

here last test 

a.png

34 minutes ago, xeles said:

here last test

could be your video driver, your r9 is better than my gtx 960, amd has put out some glitchy drivers lately, if you are getting good fps on your games i wouldn't put too much merit into the test, it should report the card as a r9 290 rather than as a r9 200, also if you do a search on the forum someone had a 390x and failed

i am planning to buy one anyway even though my specs don't meet the "minimum" requirement and if i have to upgrade i will do it at that time. i dont care what the test says. What i dont agree with is that from what i have been reading some games will actually scan your card to see if you meet the specs and actually won't let you run then which to me is full BS and way to sell more hardware. My opinion

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20