Power Supply Basement Cover

aneil1998

So i was watching PC builds with the basement in them and i was thinking about buying a new case but then i realized that I'm broke and I highly doubt i will find a case with those features for cheap in my country. 

Fast forward a few weeks later, i modded my case's front 200mm fan mount to support 2 120mm fans. And after that i want to continue adding features. Since my parents were doing roof work, i came across a few pieces of standing seam roofing like this but longer

cross_9.jpg

and thought to myself that it may work. But i have a couple questions surrounding that.

1. Will i being taking a chance using that in my case near the mobo without the edges being insulated properly?
  2. How can i mount my HDD and SSD to it?

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2

1 minute ago, aneil1998 said:

-SNIP-

I would say take a piece first and do a test bend as most roofing flashing is fairly thick and hard metal so it doesn't readily bend. As for using it in a case that's not a problem as long as it is securely mounted, for SSD's you can mount it either ontop with double stick tape or velcro or hidden under neath.

If your interested I have more details on under PSU Shrouds in the Modding FAQ:

4 minutes ago, aneil1998 said:

So i was watching PC builds with the basement in them and i was thinking about buying a new case but then i realized that I'm broke and I highly doubt i will find a case with those features for cheap in my country. 

Fast forward a few weeks later, i modded my case's front 200mm fan mount to support 2 120mm fans. And after that i want to continue adding features. Since my parents were doing roof work, i came across a few pieces of standing seam roofing like this but longer

cross_9.jpg

and thought to myself that it may work. But i have a couple questions surrounding that.

1. Will i being taking a chance using that in my case near the mobo without the edges being insulated properly?
  2. How can i mount my HDD and SSD to it?

You could do a whory job with electrical tape around the edges of it if you're that concerned but I wouldn't see it as a problem if it was bent properly.. and double sided tape for the ssd and screw holes through the bottom to mount the hdd (or ssd as well if you want but its not needed)

If you have the option to get a high refresh rate monitor, do it.

Main PC CPU: i7 9700k CPU Cooler: NZXT x62 280mm Motherboard: MSI Z390 Carbon Gaming Pro AC GPU: EVGA GTX 3070 FTW3 RAM: Corsair 4x8gb 3200mhz SSD: 980 Pro 1TB, 2x 500gb Sata Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red PSU: EVGA Supernova G.2 750w 80+ Gold

1 minute ago, W-L said:

I would say take a piece first and do a test bend as most roofing flashing is fairly thick and hard metal so it doesn't readily bend. As for using it in a case that's not a problem as long as it is securely mounted, for SSD's you can mount it either ontop with double stick tape or velcro or hidden under neath.

If your interested I have more details on under PSU Shrouds in the Modding FAQ:

Thanks for the tips. I might keep it straight as possible to increase simplicity.

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2

1.  You probably should add insulation just so it doesn't cut the wires, if it is sharp.  provided that it is metal, all it has to do is touch the case to discharge to the case.

2.  You can drill holes in the top or bottom to mount the SSD, as for the HDD I'd recommend trying to use your old drive bay and keeping it in the basement if possible.  If you want the SSD in the basement you could tape it on something.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

1 minute ago, Weak1ings said:

1.  You probably should add insulation just so it doesn't cut the wires, if it is sharp.  provided that it is metal, all it has to do is touch the case to discharge to the case.

2.  You can drill holes in the top or bottom to mount the SSD, as for the HDD I'd recommend trying to use your old drive bay and keeping it in the basement if possible.  If you want the SSD in the basement you could tape it on something.

The problem with my case is that the HDD cage is not removable or modular. I ended up removing the rivets and buying 1" m3 screws to replace them

3 minutes ago, Josh.Drayton said:

--snip--

3 minutes ago, Weak1ings said:

--snip--

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to mount the HDD like how you all told me to.