Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GreezyJeezy

Fury X giveaway

Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Would a receipt for parts be enough? I can't order them and get them in time to build them for a photo

yeah man im lenient with stuff 

I have a crap computer and I need a good gpu.

Why, cause I want to sell it

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B

well I have a couple of working GPUs... but they are slowly dying. Artifacts every once in a while and i've lost all fan speed controls for some reason...

I need a new gpu... it would save me a lot of money.. which I can use for college student stuff.. so that would be helpful. 

my rig is in my sig, but basically a 3570K @ 4.3 Ghz and 12GB of ram, a few hard drives, and an old biostar motherboard that is somehow reliable despite it's ugliness.

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

My brother has an i5-4400 with an R7 360. L33t gaming all the way.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Oh wow, thank you so much for this giveaway!

I've been into technology my whole life since I was 8 or 9 years old (I'm now 20 years old) and the only time I got my own pc (not actually my own since my two brothers get to use it but I use it 60-70% of the time) is when I graduated high school. Unfortunately my 6790 died on me last year around march 2015 and the only reason my mom bought me a gt 730 was because my iGPU isn't working and the GT 730 was the cheapest gpu available at that time. Unfortunately I can't buy my own video card since prices are pretty high in my area and I live in a third world country but also because I honestly really don't have that much of savings.

My rig is:

CPU - i5-2400 (Not much story with this little guy, it was included on the build my mom gave us 3 brothers when I graduated high school).

MOBO -  ASUS H61M-C (My first motherboard that came with the i5-2400 was I think an asus ATX H61 line, forgot the exact model but I can look for it in the storage, the reason I switched it with the Asus H61M-C was because it got fried during a thunderstorm.

GPU - GT 730 (Believe it or not, I was in the process of revising my thesis document when my old gpu died. We were given a week to finalize the document after the defense so around the 2 or 3rd day of the given week (2nd or 3rd week of March 2015), my Sapphire HD6790 suddenly died on me so I panicked half because my GPU died after around 4 years and most importantly, I wasn't able to continue my thesis document that was on due that week so I begged my mother and she eventually agreed to buy me the cheapest video card (because my iGPU wasn't working) which is the GT 730 at that time and I have been using it till now.

Storage - 3TB Seagate Barracuda (My 500gb died on me so I decided to buy a 1 TB hard drive (around $50) but I realized that my brothers would probably fill the half of my drive so I asked them if they could add around $20 each for their own partitions to which they agreed so I had enough money to buy the 3TB one).

PSU - A 500 or 550W True Rated Power Supply (But not a very well known brand) to which I hopefully can replace if I ever win this giveaway.

I uploaded a video in case, to show my system specs: 

Spoiler

Wow this is awesome! I'd love to enter!

My current rig is;

Xeon E5-2670

AsRock Extreme 4-m

2x8GB Hyper X Fury 1866MHz

R9 270x that artifacts like its forgotten how to be a GPU.. Was going to replace, but I lost my job and can't afford it.

Basically, I've never even seen a high end component in person, much less owned one, and I'd love to be able to play recent games without everything being stuttery, artifcacty and with a nasty green tinge.. And I can stop trying to do graphic design/CAD for uni on a Surface Pro 4, with an m3!

Edit: just wanted to prove that I really do have a crummy PC..

20160329_132005.jpg

Also, in NZD this is my poverty. The second account from the bottom contains rent that my girlfriend and I pay into, it'll be empty tomorrow.Screenshot_2016-04-15-17-02-49.png

CPU: Xeon E5-2670 | MOBO: AsRock Extreme 4-M | RAM: Hyper X Fury White 1866MHz 16GB | 

GPU: Sapphire RX 470 8GB Nitro+ | STORAGE: 1TB Barracuda HDD + 128GB Kingston KC310 SSD | 

COOLER: CM Hyper 212 Evo | PSU: FSP Raider 550W | CASE: Bottom desk drawer..

I have a brother who has a GT730 so if you give me the Fury X he can have my 970. Make me have a better balanced rig please. My 5930K is sitting there doing pretty much nothing 90% of the time because my 970 just isn't very powerful. I wanna play GTA V on ultra 60FPS a lot. And I know you can find it in your heart to I want me to also. I am not a cliche, so I won't be like "ERMAGERD TANKS FAW DA GIVEAWAY YO", but I hope you understand that if I win, I might just be like, "cool cool". I don't wanna be ungrateful - don't get me wrong, but I have already accepted that I likely won't win. So maybe you should feel grateful. That I will sit and believe I am wasting my time writing this just make you feel somewhat amused for maybe 2 minutes. So when you finish reading all these entries, you'll be like "Hey, remember that kid with the 5930K and 970? He made me feel somewhat amused for maybe 2 minutes. Maybe I should give him my Fury X so his brother can have a GTX 970 because all his brother wants in the world is to play a game of ARK". Please think that. I'm gonna be completely honest, I'm the least serious person I know. I write this in some desperate attempt to sound kinda witty or something. And maybe make you think I deserve an expensive graphics card. Maybe you call spending 5 hours on GTA in one day "lazy" and "unproductive", but I call it PCMASTERRACE. Yes, I may cheat on online. A lot. 4 times. And, I am terrible at it anyway. But why not let me be terrible at playing a game I cheat at with 60FPS? If you read this far, let me congratulate you. You did well. So for the love of God, please give me a Fury X.

-ChickenNugget 2K16 (GONE WRONG) (GONE SEXUAL) (IN THE HOOD)

omg plz i have a processor which is gonna be upgraded werywery soon and i have a graphics card which is like 15 dollars so its really shitty. the processor i think is an i3 right now.

9 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

i have 2 low end machines one is an a8-6500 with a gtx750ti, and a i5-2500 with a gts 450 eventually i want to piece together a emulation/vr gaming rig, doubt i'll ever get there but never hurts to dream(and beg , lol) ,my current system is not any better but its a piece meal used parts system so for the price im satisfied with it. but whoever wins this will be pretty stoked.

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

So a good CPU and bad GPU?

Currently I have i7 4790k and gtx 460. I upgraded my CPU and mobo from athlon x4 860 last year because I do a lot of rendering and now I don't have any money to buy a new GPU. So yeah...

I want this GPU. Because it's cool. ( will add wishlist later)

I got the best Waifu a man could ever ask for Lieselotte Sherlock is my girl ( in my profile pic ) 

6 hours ago, Starelementpoke said:

Then 4690k and a 7950 I guess. PSU is a mediocre Antec Earthwatts 500 watt psu, everything else is pretty average. Practically everything was bought used though on a $320 from 5 years in total worth of savings...

You actually have pretty good chances of winning. Hope you do ^_^

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

My "rig":

i3-3220

12GB DDR3 1600

GA-H77-DS3H (Gigabyte)

Gt220 Bios OC to 785/580MHz and custom DIY cooler

Well, thats one system, but i have another one that would probably benefit a bit more from that GPU:

Intel S5000VSA Server mainboard

Xeon E-5430 x2

12GB FBDIMM DDR2 333MHz

Geforce 7600GS   <--- Thats pretty old. It can barely handle Win7.

Doing a lot of rendering and audio work, would be nice to get at least the rendering going... ;)

cheers

HD7950 here.

The card isn't what you'd call bad in the performance department I guess, but it's just so gosh darn loud ( it's the XFX Core variant with a single vapour chamber instead of a lot of heatpipes, so the cooling isn't great and judging from the reported speed, it's underclocked compared to stock presumably for cooling reasons).

The CPU I currently have is an i3 2120 (Sandy Bridge 3.3 GHz, 2 cores, 4 threads), which I have cause I could get it dirt cheap at the moment, but I mean if a Fury X happened to fall in my lap, I'd certainly drop the $100 bucks to step up to an i5 2500.

Best part of my rig is my motherboard (MSI A88X-G45 Gaming) and even then it was chosen based on budget. My processor is an AMD A8-7650K (also based on budget). I did have a MSI R7 370 2GD5T OC as my video card, but it died last week. It powers on, but the DVI, Display, and HDMI ports do not work on it anymore. So now i'm having to game and do everything else with the integrated graphics and it hurts....it hurts a lot. Full specs are as follows

CPU: AMD A8-7650K

MoBo: MSI A88X-G45 Gaming

PSU: Corsair CX750

RAM: Adata 8GB DDR3

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB

GPU: MSI R7 370 2GD5T OC (R.I.P.)

Case: BitFenix Outlaw

Fans: (3)120mm Thermaltake (salvaged from previous computer and sound like a jet engine when PC is on)

Thanks for the giveaway and good luck everyone!

Pls me bruh. Fx-8320 pkus r7 265. Bad choices i know. I also am currently uaving gpu issues amd it sometimes spikes to 90 degrees no overclock at 955 mhz

12 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

So I recently purchased the parts for a dedicated video editing rig and I had some leftover money, so my option was to save it or buy another fury X to crossfire with the one I currently have. But then I thought crossfiring really isn't that needed or really even that useful so I decided to give it away, I have not bought it yet the way I'll do it is have you put it on your Amazon wishlist and when you win I'll PM you and then you give me your wishlist Link, so i don't need you don't need to give me address that seems sketchy.(at least I don't think I see your address if I buy you it off your wishlist idk I never did that before) and that way it's sent right to you so any defects are not my fault.

Didn't think to ask...is there a particular manufacturer you wish to go with? Or just whatever the user puts on their Amazon Wishlist as far as the GPU goes? Reason I ask is that if I were to win, I wouldn't want to put you out too much cash. Kind of believe in keeping it as cheap as possible seeing as that it's your money.

Could i join even though im from the Philippines?

Spoiler

PC: CPU: i5 4690k,  Cooler: Kraken x61, Motherboard: Asus Z97-K, GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X, Kingston HyperX Fury Black 2x4gb DDR3 1866, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB, Case: NZXT H440 Razer Edition, PSU, Seasonic M12II Evo 620W I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite, Headset: Corsair HS70 Wireless SE, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

Hey, cool give-away.

My rig is an overclocked i5 2500k, at 4.4 Ghz, and with 16 GB 1866 Mhz system RAM. My current graphics card is an R9 280x - not the worst, but still a chugger for a graphics-passionate person who always seeks to play games at their best visual quality. And while an R9 280x leaves a lot of untapped headroom in my system's potential, a Fury X would powerfully make use of a lot of what is currently not being tapped, which I will tap if I am able to. 

Upgrading through a purchase is currently, and for the clearly-visible future, beyond my budget possibility. 

Also, if I receive your Fury X, I will similarly pass on my R9 280x through these forums to another person, to a person of your own choosing, if you wish. Then, 2 people will have benefited from your initial offering, rather than only one.

Also, I think it's likely that if I receive your Fury X, it will free my mind from your avatar, which I find hypnotic, yet which drives me crazy that I don't know why she's smiling and doing what she's doing.

I'll upload a system pic in a minute.

Here's my system pic. Notice the 1250 watt PSu, which is woefully under-challenged by my overall system? It yearns for the glory of being able to put its power deliverance capability to greater use.

system.jpg

What a fantastic idea for a giveaway!

I'm currently recovering from my watercooling loop literally exploding...you can read some more here, if you fancy: 

I've just bought a Noctua CPU cooler to replace the now derelict watercooling loop.

My rig has served me very well for the last few years, but is getting long in the tooth...
Intel Core i7 860, overclocked to 3.2Ghz from 2.8, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Reference AMD (ATI branded) HD 5870 1GB

Edit: Do you know what, after reading through the rest of this thread and seeing what other people have got and reading your explanation for why you're doing this and what sort of person you'd like to give it to - I'm not sure it's me. I won this computer in a competition 5-6 years ago (I forget exactly when)  and at the time it was a dream rig, way more powerful than I could ever afford and probably worth more money than I'll ever spend on a PC in one hit.  I also know what it's like to 'win' technology beyond your financial reach, so I know that whoever wins this will be blown away.
I'd love to upgrade with the card you're offering, but the reality is that I work full time and could save up and buy one myself eventually one day, even if real life would make that a long road. I don't think I'm the person you're looking for, as much as I'd like to be! I admire what you're doing here, GreezyJeezy - you're a good man! I commend you for your generosity.

Besides, the 5870 isn't so bad ;)