#1 LinusTech

LinusTech

Mr. Tech Tips

• Administrator
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:17 AM

NCIX: http://bit.ly/16dBdik

Amazon: http://amzn.to/16tyITu

The G602 from Logitech is perhaps the most... disruptive peripheral product I've seen in a while. This is for reasons that might not be immediately apparent. It's a gaming grade product that abandons the "race to higher numbers" in a couple of key ways, and instead focuses on delivering a great experience at a very reasonable price...

Login or Create an Account to get rid of this ad! Login or Create an Account to get rid of this ad!

#2 Ghost

Ghost

Professional Ghost

• 4,136 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

User's Awards

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

It doesn't have infinity hyper scroll. I would pay the extra and get the G700 just for infinity scroll.

On another note, shots fired:

4vHFc.png

• Ssoele and simtransporter like this

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @LTTGhost for water-cooling news or @deadfire19 for everything else.

#3 simtransporter

simtransporter

• 820 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

I like the ideas, the technology and development that went into this mouse, unfortunately I'm not a big fan of the design.

• MrTickle likes this

#4 M-ursu

M-ursu

The Walrus

• 5,083 posts
  • LocationThe Skies of Finland

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

Linus, did you find rocket yet?

Error 709: Walrus on the road!

My build log: http://linustechtips...-node-304-build

#5 Titanicium

Titanicium

Titans are OP in SupCom.

• 1,747 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

Linus, did you find rocket yet?

Look at the post "Rocket is missing" :) He was apparently found a tad later :)

• M-ursu likes this

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7

#6 M-ursu

M-ursu

The Walrus

• 5,083 posts
  • LocationThe Skies of Finland

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:36 AM

Look at the post "Rocket is missing" :) He was apparently found a tad later :)

That is great!

Error 709: Walrus on the road!

My build log: http://linustechtips...-node-304-build

#7 LinusTech

LinusTech

Mr. Tech Tips

• Administrator
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:38 AM

rocket is still missing.

#8 linusforsell

linusforsell

Advanced Member

• Gold Contributor
  • 478 posts
  • LocationSweden

User's Awards

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:39 AM

Looks like a MX Performance (best mouse ever made) on steroids, and I kind of like it. For everyday use, though, it seems like this one is lacking infinity scroll and dedicated back/forward buttons, which is sad.

Developer of the *Unofficial*, but officially endorsed: Linus Tech Tips Chrome Extension

#9 NinjaStyle013

NinjaStyle013

Master

• 1,241 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:43 AM

Good video Linus, I think logitech is doing it right by aiming for that realistic category. I think Logitech should release an even more budget version with maybe only 3 macro buttons and possibly wired for a real budget performer.

If that exists, someone for the love of god link me because I like Logitech a lot and if I can find a cheaper but better mouse than my planned Kinzu I'll be happy.

#10 Ghost

Ghost

Professional Ghost

• 4,136 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

User's Awards

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:57 AM

After googling found this mouse is (currently) £2 more expensive (in the UK) than the G700s. Kinda disappointed, hope the price drops.

Iits £20 less on the Logitech store but prices drop weirdly depending on <insert reason here> and as this is a new product they don't seem to have dropped yet.)

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @LTTGhost for water-cooling news or @deadfire19 for everything else.

#11 RedRound2

RedRound2

Advanced Member

• 138 posts
  • LocationDubai, United Arab Emirates

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:16 AM

Hey, can someone recommend a good looking wireless gaming mouse with a decent battery. Macro keys are not a necessity but I'd like to see atleast 2 of those. And it should be a relatively cheap mouse, preferably sub $50

#12 TheProfosist

TheProfosist

Yaho!

• 6,870 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

Newegg has it as well thats where o preordered it

#13 TheProfosist

TheProfosist

Yaho!

• 6,870 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

Newegg has it as well thats where o preordered it

I should say even with 3day shipping I received it the day it was released.

#14 TheProfosist

TheProfosist

Yaho!

• 6,870 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

It doesn't have infinity scroll. I would pay the extra and get the G700 just for infinity scroll.

Posted Image

You mean hyperscroll? Though I also love it I think it has no business being on a gamin focused mouse.

I like the ideas, the technology and development that went into this mouse, unfortunately I'm not a big fan of the design.

So you dont use palm grip?

Looks like a MX Performance (best mouse ever made) on steroids, and I kind of like it. For everyday use, though, it seems like this one is lacking infinity scroll and dedicated back/forward buttons, which is sad.

It is a sucessor to the mx revolution's design just as the performance mx is. This mose isnt desigmed for everyday use its designed for gaming and purely that unlike the G700/s. O and you can make any of the button back/forward and it has a hardware profile so it will transfer between pcs without software. If you want hyperscroll take a look at the G700s.

Good video Linus, I think logitech is doing it right by aiming for that realistic category. I think Logitech should release an even more budget version with maybe only 3 macro buttons and possibly wired for a real budget performer.

If that exists, someone for the love of god link me because I like Logitech a lot and if I can find a cheaper but better mouse than my planned Kinzu I'll be happy.

They already have what you speak of the G400s...

#15 RicebowlDavid

RicebowlDavid

• 56 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

It doesn't have infinity scroll. I would pay the extra and get the G700 just for infinity scroll.

4vHFc.png

well you could use middle click and it would function about the same.

#16 severide

severide

Rookie

• 10 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

While I'm glad that logitech went back to an optical sensor and seemingly stopped with the DPI race, I'm not a fan of all the freakin buttons. I just want a mouse that has two buttons on both sides and is optical. Closest thing I could find is the steelseries sensei. If the sensei used an optical sensor, I would consider it the ultimate gaming mouse.

#17 TheProfosist

TheProfosist

Yaho!

• 6,870 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

While I'm glad that logitech went back to an optical sensor and seemingly stopped with the DPI race, I'm not a fan of all the freakin buttons. I just want a mouse that has two buttons on both sides and is optical. Closest thing I could find is the steelseries sensei. If the sensei used an optical sensor, I would consider it the ultimate gaming mouse.

So you want an ambidextrous optical mouse?  There are a couple of manufacturers out there that have that but logitech is not one of them.

#18 Wulfgar

Wulfgar

Advanced Member

• 404 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

What's infinity scroll?

#19 TheProfosist

TheProfosist

Yaho!

• 6,870 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

What's infinity scroll?

i assume infinity scroll = hyper scroll

#20 Ghost

Ghost

Professional Ghost

• 4,136 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

User's Awards

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

i assume infinity scroll = hyper scroll

Yeah. I was certain it was called infinity scroll, but yeah... my point stands.

• Wulfgar likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users