Logitech G602 - Where to buy

LinusTech

NCIX: http://bit.ly/16dBdik

Amazon: http://geni.us/Q1Re5

The G602 from Logitech is perhaps the most... disruptive peripheral product I've seen in a while. This is for reasons that might not be immediately apparent. It's a gaming grade product that abandons the "race to higher numbers" in a couple of key ways, and instead focuses on delivering a great experience at a very reasonable price...

It doesn't have infinity hyper scroll. I would pay the extra and get the G700 just for infinity scroll.

On another note, shots fired:

4vHFc.png

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Linus, did you find rocket yet?

Look at the post "Rocket is missing" :) He was apparently found a tad later :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Looks like a MX Performance (best mouse ever made) on steroids, and I kind of like it. For everyday use, though, it seems like this one is lacking infinity scroll and dedicated back/forward buttons, which is sad.

Cheers,

Linus

Good video Linus, I think logitech is doing it right by aiming for that realistic category. I think Logitech should release an even more budget version with maybe only 3 macro buttons and possibly wired for a real budget performer.

If that exists, someone for the love of god link me because I like Logitech a lot and if I can find a cheaper but better mouse than my planned Kinzu I'll be happy.

After googling found this mouse is (currently) £2 more expensive (in the UK) than the G700s. Kinda disappointed, hope the price drops.

Iits £20 less on the Logitech store but prices drop weirdly depending on <insert reason here> and as this is a new product they don't seem to have dropped yet.)

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Hey, can someone recommend a good looking wireless gaming mouse with a decent battery. Macro keys are not a necessity but I'd like to see atleast 2 of those. And it should be a relatively cheap mouse, preferably sub $50

Newegg has it as well thats where o preordered it

Newegg has it as well thats where o preordered it

I should say even with 3day shipping I received it the day it was released.

It doesn't have infinity scroll. I would pay the extra and get the G700 just for infinity scroll.

Posted Image

You mean hyperscroll? Though I also love it I think it has no business being on a gamin focused mouse.

I like the ideas, the technology and development that went into this mouse, unfortunately I'm not a big fan of the design.

So you dont use palm grip?

Looks like a MX Performance (best mouse ever made) on steroids, and I kind of like it. For everyday use, though, it seems like this one is lacking infinity scroll and dedicated back/forward buttons, which is sad.

It is a sucessor to the mx revolution's design just as the performance mx is. This mose isnt desigmed for everyday use its designed for gaming and purely that unlike the G700/s. O and you can make any of the button back/forward and it has a hardware profile so it will transfer between pcs without software. If you want hyperscroll take a look at the G700s.

Good video Linus, I think logitech is doing it right by aiming for that realistic category. I think Logitech should release an even more budget version with maybe only 3 macro buttons and possibly wired for a real budget performer.

If that exists, someone for the love of god link me because I like Logitech a lot and if I can find a cheaper but better mouse than my planned Kinzu I'll be happy.

They already have what you speak of the G400s...

It doesn't have infinity scroll. I would pay the extra and get the G700 just for infinity scroll.

4vHFc.png

well you could use middle click and it would function about the same.

While I'm glad that logitech went back to an optical sensor and seemingly stopped with the DPI race, I'm not a fan of all the freakin buttons. I just want a mouse that has two buttons on both sides and is optical. Closest thing I could find is the steelseries sensei. If the sensei used an optical sensor, I would consider it the ultimate gaming mouse.

While I'm glad that logitech went back to an optical sensor and seemingly stopped with the DPI race, I'm not a fan of all the freakin buttons. I just want a mouse that has two buttons on both sides and is optical. Closest thing I could find is the steelseries sensei. If the sensei used an optical sensor, I would consider it the ultimate gaming mouse.

So you want an ambidextrous optical mouse?  There are a couple of manufacturers out there that have that but logitech is not one of them.

What's infinity scroll?

What's infinity scroll?

i assume infinity scroll = hyper scroll

i assume infinity scroll = hyper scroll

Yeah. I was certain it was called infinity scroll, but yeah... my point stands.

Where I live this mouse is 20 USD cheaper than the G700s. But I feel that this will serve better as a portable laptop mouse than a gaming one, especially with the only battery life. 

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

So you want an ambidextrous optical mouse?  There are a couple of manufacturers out there that have that but logitech is not one of them.

No. I want a mouse that has two buttons on both sides and an optical sensor. Not 4 buttons on one side and 2 on the other, or 7 all on one side, or whatever all these other mice have. For the record, I used an MX518 before switching to the sensei, and an MX500 before that. I like logitech's design.

Yeah. I was certain it was called infinity scroll, but yeah... my point stands.

Which is fine and is why they still have the G700s in their product line.

No. I want a mouse that has two buttons on both sides and an optical sensor. Not 4 buttons on one side and 2 on the other, or 7 all on one side, or whatever all these other mice have. For the record, I used an MX518 before switching to the sensei, and an MX500 before that. I like logitech's design.

As I said there are mice like that thats just a ambidextrous mouse with an optical sensor. Plenty of people use ambidextrous mice, though few have optical sensors due to the dpi war. i would like to also point out that just because its optical doesnt mean its a better sensor, yes the best sensors right now are optical but new laser mice are right behind them and after them. Now I am confused at what you want because the MX518 or any of its following revisions doesnt have buttons on the other side and there wouldnt be any way to implement them without just looking like they were glued on. Also the sensei and every mouse SteelSeries currently offer are ambidextrous.

For me when I use ambidextrous mice I almost always turn off the opposite side switches as I bump them far more than I purposely use them. As my thumb can easy deal with hitting something like the 6 buttons on the side of the G602 since well its a thumb.

It doesn't have infinity hyper scroll. I would pay the extra and get the G700 just for infinity scroll.

4vHFc.png

Hyper scroll is nice, the G700....not so much. I have one and I wish the 602 was out when I had bought it so I could have gotten the 602 instead.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299