How to seperate audio sources when streaming + Bang for Buck Audio Setup

Scorp1ooN

1. Hey guys, i Know this seems a real noob question but, i recently built my first ever pc and started a small streaming Twitch.tv channel. Is there a way i can seperate the audio sources ? (game sounds, from Skype/TS). I've heard some people that were able to seperate using a Astro A40 MixAmp or something. Do i need a DAC or something else. Maybe some software that allows me to do that ? 
2. Also, my next upgrade is going to be a sound revamp aka Studio mic, arm mount, a USB interface like the Scarlett 2i2. Can you guys recommend any good bang for buck mic/USB Interf combo ?

"You allowed Sub-Zero to escape. Now, you will suffer my wrath."

Using a mixer will be the easiest solution. I tried doing things through software methods and it's a pain in the ass. I also failed miserably. Getting a USB interface would work as well, although you'd lose the extra i/o youd get from the mixer.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

6 minutes ago, peej said:

mixer is the answer have the mic and pc sounds go on to separate channels 

this one it pretty good bang for the buck http://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-802-8-Input-2-Bus-Mixer/dp/B000J5XS3C?ie=UTF8&colid=18SBH3DLPBYXQ&coliid=I2PN4T5JAWNH9D&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl

Ye  i've searched around and all i come up were some very complicated posts using Virtual Audio Cable and such

10 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

Using a mixer will be the easiest solution. I tried doing things through software methods and it's a pain in the ass. I also failed miserably. Getting a USB interface would work as well, although you'd lose the extra i/o youd get from the mixer.

Will the Mixerallow me to separate skype from in game sounds ?  50 bucks seems like a good price! Thanks for the sugestion :)

3 minutes ago, Scorp1ooN said:

Ye  i've searched around and all i come up were some very complicated posts using Virtual Audio Cable and such

Will the Mixerallow me to separate skype from in game sounds ?  50 bucks seems like a good price! Thanks for the sugestion :)

Yes. This is a general idea of how you want to do things. You dont need the Audio interface since the mixer is USB, but you need to find out a comfortable way of getting the audio back into the computer along with your mic input from the mixers usb port.

Screen-Shot-2014-07-03-at-12.12.10-PM.pn

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

31 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

Yes. This is a general idea of how you want to do things. You dont need the Audio interface since the mixer is USB, but you need to find out a comfortable way of getting the audio back into the computer along with your mic input from the mixers usb port.

wow! Thanks for the graph it rly helped! would somthing like this work ?

s.png

43 minutes ago, Scorp1ooN said:

i'm sure with some trickery yeah i don't see why you couldn't separate skype from game sounds i mean the easiest way would be to run the two on separate pcs but i know that not everyone has the budget to do that but im sure theres a way to do that from one single pc 

I lurk a lot

2 minutes ago, peej said:

i'm sure with some trickery yeah i don't see why you couldn't separate skype from game sounds i mean the easiest way would be to run the two on separate pcs but i know that not everyone has the budget to do that but im sure theres a way to do that from one single pc 

I just posted a picture above. would that work good ?

1 hour ago, Scorp1ooN said:

I just posted a picture above. would that work good ?

yeah as long as you can separate out the skype out im guessing the gamesounds are going over usb?

I lurk a lot

On 13/4/2016 at 7:29 PM, EndlessOyster said:

Virtual audio cable
http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm
Its a bit tricky to get working when you first start using it but for no money and no physical items needed it will do it perfectly well.

I used this in the past, http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm, which is the same but free.