Logitech Buys Jaybird for $50 Million in Cash

Convicted_pillowcase

Logitech has now acquired Jaybird, makers of the Jaybird Bluebus, and Bluebuds X2 reviewed by Linus.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/12/11418650/logitech-buys-headphone-maker-jaybird-for-50-million-acquisition

Pretty interesting to see how Logitech might improve the company and its products. I have the first Bluebuds X myself.

I5-6500 Hyper 212 Evo ASRock H170 Pro4S EVGA GTX 950 Fractal Arc Midi R2 SP 120GB ssd 2X320GB WD Blu in raid 0

I wouldve loved to have seen that briefcase, or for such a large amount would they have used some form of lockbox or van?

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

Need some tweaking with the news. Try putting some quotes from the article into the post and you're all set.

It's gonna be interesting to see weather apple is finally gonna support some sort of lossless codec for wireless on the iPhone 7. I'm very satisfied with jaybird's bluebuds x even though it's lossy SBC,, but it really depends what device you pair it with, some devices choose a lower bitrate codec.

5 minutes ago, cloneman said:

It's gonna be interesting to see weather apple is finally gonna support some sort of lossless codec for wireless on the iPhone 7. I'm very satisfied with jaybird's bluebuds x even though it's lossy SBC,, but it really depends what device you pair it with, some devices choose a lower bitrate codec.

As long as the bitrate is fairly high there is no noticeable difference between lossy and lossless

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, Sauron said:

As long as the bitrate is fairly high there is no noticeable difference between lossy and lossless

Most bluetooth source devices don't allow you to change or view the bitrate they are running at though. Worse, many stacks default to a lower bitrate (on Windows 7 the only one that worked for me was Toshiba bluetooth, and I had to wait for android 6.0 to get good qualify on my jaybirds). On OSX, the setting is tweakable and high bitrate by default.

If there was  a better standard supported across many devices it would take some of the guesswork out.

Awesome logitech actually have some decent headphones with the UE range and now Jaybird

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well , Welll just have to see and wait on where this goes.

(⌐■_■) 

Logitech already has some pretty high end iem now they have these.

17 hours ago, CtrlAltELITE said:

I wouldve loved to have seen that briefcase, or for such a large amount would they have used some form of lockbox or van?

Cash just means they're giving them money, not stocks or something.

It's not actually going to be bills

10 minutes ago, EndlessOyster said:

surprised jaybird is worth so little.

"with a potential earn-out of an additional $45 million if growth targets are met."

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.